Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By Stillearly
  • 2 Post By supersub
  • 1 Post By TMTBOUND

Thread: Agoda question

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar

Agoda question

So I've booked 10 nights in a Phuket hotel via Agoda and I intend to spend nights 3,4 & 5 elsewhere, Koh samui. Do you think Agoda or the hotel will have any issues with me going somewhere for a few days and coming back for the remainder of my stay? Once I've paid for the room it should be fine right? I read through the booking conditions on my voucher and didn't see anything stating the customer has to stay in the hotel every night.

I might email Agoda but thought I'd ask here in case anyone's ever done the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by supersub; 21st March 2015 at 06:37.

Cadet Gold
    Not sure it is anything to do with Agoda. They are just the broker. More down to hotel management.

When I have stayed in Samui before I have taken an overnight bag to Ko Phangan for the half moon party. Booked a cheap room on the other island just to catch a few zzzz and let the mushrooms wear off. Never been a problem just for one night. I will be doing the same this year for a cheeky weekend in Bangkok.

Might be worth mentioning to the hotel that you won't be there for a few days so no need to send housekeeping, or the police if you think I died. But, the cynic in my says that could be an invitation to housekeeper thieves if they know they have a few days to attempt to crack your safe/go through your kit.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Just let the hotel manager know what you are doing, I leave a hotel room vacant on many of my motorbike trips for a few nights and have never had an issue.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Thanks Rivo will drop the hotel an email tomorrow.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    If you are going somewhere, just tell them the day U are going and when you expect to be back.... It won't be a problem. They will appreciate it, and the cleaners will have one less room to clean for a few days... I do it all the time and never have a problem
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    no need to tell them in advance,being LOS you'll probably be misunderstood.

room is paid for in advance.when you're there tell them you are going elsewhere for a few days and will be back and the room wont need to be cleaned...no skin off there nose!
    Quarky and supersub like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Ok cool that's one less thing to worry about then. I've now booked the Samui stay.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Do you really want the room though?...surely its not too late to amend the booking unless you particularly want to keep the room for the days you are not in it

I had thought about doing it that way too but then it means I need to lug my suitcase around with me. I had only planned on taking a carry on bag to Samui to last me 3-4 days max.

^ most hotels will store luggage for you,especially if you are going to stay with them again.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I had thought about doing it that way too but then it means I need to lug my suitcase around with me. I had only planned on taking a carry on bag to Samui to last me 3-4 days max.

Not much lugging involved really if you are flying direct and with the money you save by not keeping a room in Phuket it will probably cover Bangkok Air cost , I would pack the clothes I want in Samui on the top of my bag , so you don't need to unpack the bag completely

If I was doing an o/n to Phi Phi , then I would keep a room , but not for 3-5 days
    supersub likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Agoda has been very accommodating when I have changed dates. Although, they say its not up to them. They will call the hotel and ask if they can make the change, so far it has always worked for me.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Same for me, even on a direct booking, they have just asked for up front payment of one night towards the next check-in, to look after my heavy bag and I went off to Siem Reap with just a back pack on the buses 555.

I had a quick look and I was able to amend my existing booking and make a new booking to cover the post Samui stay. Saved me around 5k bhat which as SE pointed out will offset some of the Bangkok air flights.
    bacwaan and Stillearly like this.

^ there ya go...the younger generation don't have it all covered then

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Most hotels will always store your bags.
    Hell i just left my bag with Hilton Tokyo overnight even though i checked out! I am taking the bus out of there late tonight so just threw some clothes i needed in my backpack and will pick up my bag before i jump on the bus

I absolutely hate lugging baggage around.....of my pet peeves

Cadet Bronze
    I always travel lightly, so never a problem moving around
    Last edited by jaynewcastle; 29th March 2015 at 05:44.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    I always overpack.... So I hate changing hotels ��
    supersub likes this.