Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hatari
  • 1 Post By 1080
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon

Thread: This will catch a lot of tourists out !

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar

This will catch a lot of tourists out !

Big C Is banning farangs from entering their stores after 5pm until closing ! Everyday !

Supermarket chain Big C announces foreigner evening curfew | Around The Moat
    !qq!

like this one did

BANGKOK – Citing the need for maintaining order and unity during the transition to reform, the Council for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) announced strict new visa rules for foreigners wishing to enter the kingdom.

New Visa Rules Exclude Everyone Except Sex Tourists, Alcoholics, Drug Addicts, Ravers, Illiterate Troglodytes
    Gazmac likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    I think they are getting their April 1 jokes in early 555

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Oh my Buddha . That is a great read . I couldn't stop laughing.
    !qq!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Big C Is banning farangs from entering their stores after 5pm until closing ! Everyday !

No not April 1 yet. What will they think of next.
    Went to Buriram BigC last week for some Grog and on the way out was stopped by a security guard who wanted to see my receipt wtf, I couldn't remember which pocket the piece of paper was in so I just held my BigC shopping bags tightly and kept walking, most upset he was 555
    It was after 5PM
    Last edited by 1080; 28th March 2015 at 23:22.
    Zablive likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    around the moat ay??

only read one of their previous stories but something similar 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    No not April 1 yet. What will they think of next.
    Went to Buriram BigC last week for some Grog and on the way out was stopped by a security guard who wanted to see my receipt wtf, I couldn't remember which pocket the piece of paper was in so I just held my BigC shopping bags tightly on kept walking, most upset he was 555
    It was after 5PM
    You've obviously never shopped at Makro Ted?
    There they check everything against your receipt - easy as there are no bags.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    You've obviously never shopped at Makro Ted?
    There they check everything against your receipt - easy as there are no bags.
    they do the same here at Makro Baz...if you really want to mess with them when buying in bulk..dont give them the reciept but get them to count....its really funny becouse most cant count...normally they look at the total on your reciept and then they count..somehow they always get the right answer 5555555..never do when you in a hurry 55555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post

The article has been removed on legal request but i need to find a copy this could save me a lot of money 555
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    The article has been removed on legal request but i need to find a copy this could save me a lot of money 555
    Is this it?

Supermarket chain Big C announces foreigner evening curfew
    Posted on March 27, 2015 by Around The Moat in National News // 28 Comments

Expat foreigners living in Thailand are to be excluded from Big C stores after 5pm, the company has announced in a statement.

Due to complaints from Thai natives, Big C has decided to implement a total ban on foreigners from entering their stores between the hours of 5pm in the evening and closing time.

The measures are being taken to appease Thai nationals frustrated by having to wait in line behind foreigners who have not grasped the basics of the Thai language or the ability to recognise the difference between Thai coins.

Thais are notorious for their lack of patience, and a dithering old westerner counting coins at the checkout till is a key frustration of the indigenous population.

The ban will apply to all persons living in Thailand that are not owners of a Thai ID-card. Thais of a particularly pale complexion but have been advised to bring identification with them to the supermarket from now on.

Big C expects the ban to have minimal impact on their expat customers. A Big C spokesperson said, We dont expect many expats to actually be affected by the ban as they all have maids or Thai wives that can do the shopping for them anyway. Furthermore they are often rich and do not work during the day, so they can pop along then if they need to. But for hard working Thais who only have a few minutes to quickly buy some stuff on the way home after a days work and picking up the children, it will make a big difference

This ban should allow Thai nationals a more pleasant shopping experience, where they can push and shove in the queue as much as they like without drawing the wrath of an older white gentleman who will shout at them in a language they dont understand.

Big C loyalty card holder Pongpat Siriwatana commented, In the last week Ive told six different foreigners to go back and weigh their vegetables, but somehow I still end up waiting at the till as the shop attendant runs off to weigh the produce for them. How do they not learn?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

^ that's it but complete BS.

Dear readers,

It is a joke!

Big C is the best supermarket in the whole country! The service is super, the prices are great and they have the best customer care ever (also, they have the best lawyers… )

Dear Big C,

Accept our apologies. We didn’t mean to hurt you. We have removed the article and will not charge you for all the free advertising.

Best regards

Around the Moat

didn't see the humour personally...just really silly....and sillier still those that believed it 55 C is business....hello!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Good job of pulling people's leg...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

^ much more accepted if on the appropriate day though,the guy is copping it left right and centre...."crack head"!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    I could not see the humor in it. It will have done his site's credibility no good at all.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    More smartass than satire.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    More smartass than satire.
    Yeah that would have gone down better if these Moat idiots were actually funny. Sadly, they're not.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    I could not see the humor in it. It will have done his site's credibility no good at all.
    it didn't have any beforehand either!
    PeteGill likes this.