Thread: Anyone in Bangkok

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Anyone in Bangkok

I am in BKK tomorrow til Tuesday

If anyone is around and is up for some beers let me know

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I am in BKK tomorrow til Tuesday

If anyone is around and is up for some beers let me know
    If up around Siam Paragon they have a food festival in the food hall ... go hungry! Stalls from all over Asia and some real quality to be had incl. BBQ seafood (seeing how you missed the buffet). Enjoy your stay at Ibis.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

I may have bargained for more than i was looking for 555

Was thinking of meeting up with a BM or two and have some beers
    Well Sefton and Geespot will be about so there goes that plan.

KR thanks for tip
    Ive decided to stay at the Marriott in Thonglor and just bought tgeir seafood buffet on Groupon for 1200.....so see how that is

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

KR thanks for tip
    Ive decided to stay at the Marriott in Thonglor and just bought tgeir seafood buffet on Groupon for 1200.....so see how that is
    Mrs M and I were there 10 days ago but back in Oz now ... I'd recommend the pool, the club lounge and the Eggs Benedict but the rooftop bar is a bit hit and miss, though worth a visit despite the phone-number- like drink prices as the staff are not pushy and the view is worth a look on a clear night (not sure you will get one of those).

Enjoy...

IMG_20150325_102144.jpgIMG_20150325_072948.jpgIMG_20150325_092425.jpgIMG_20150325_072915.jpg
    Life is the unexpected ...

KR thanks for tip
    Good price! Sefton AND Gee .... Bloody hell, that will ensure a late night ... 55
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Mrs M and I were there 10 days ago but back in Oz now ... I'd recommend the pool, the club lounge and the Eggs Benedict but the rooftop bar is a bit hit and miss, though worth a visit despite the phone-number- like drink prices as the staff are not pushy and the view is worth a look on a clear night (not sure you will get one of those).

Enjoy...

IMG_20150325_102144.jpgIMG_20150325_072948.jpgIMG_20150325_092425.jpgIMG_20150325_072915.jpg
    I was actually looking at The Continent but saw you and Wabbits bagging it.
    Thanks for the info

How is the immediate area in Thonglor?
    Ive been there a few times and liked it so keen to check out Thonglor a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Good price! Sefton AND Gee .... Bloody hell, that will ensure a late night ... 55
    we really need to buy JC a ticket to make it a real lively night... 55
    Gazmac, kaptainrob and Rivo like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Just a heads up Paulie - stay out of the darts scene when you move to Cha-Am 555!

Norwegian Shoots Friend then Turns Gun on Himself in Phetchaburi | Chiang Rai Times English Language Newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Just a heads up Paulie - stay out of the darts scene when you move to Cha-Am 555!

Norwegian Shoots Friend then Turns Gun on Himself in Phetchaburi | Chiang Rai Times English Language Newspaper
    Id get shot because i hit someone in the ass by mistake!!
    I suck at darts 555

To be fair, the Continent and the Marriott are not in the same class .... the Marriott is a solid 5 star with their attention to detail, training of staff and overall ambiance ... the Continent is four stars at best and still trying to get its act together in most areas ... together they make a very good case for the old maxim "You get what you pay for." ... with 3 nights at the Marriott being the same price for me as 5 nights at the Continent....

When staying around upper Suk, I have found the area between Thonglor and On Nut and even up as far as Udom Suk good for a morning walk but not much else ...

...alongside On Nut in the evening is great for street food and the little bars in the market area there have kept me entertained more than once whilst Mrs M shopped .... but that is more what you do when you find yourself there rather than worth a visit for its own sake ....

Around Thonglor area there is not much to see that I am aware of ...it is mostly upmarket residentials and hi-rise apartments with little else once you step away from Sukhumvit .... yours truly would be hopping on the Skytrain and deciding if he gets off in one stop at Cowboy or in two stops for Nana ..555

Enjoy...

IMG_20150325_092523.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    ..... or at least hold the balloon as far away from yourself as possible ... 555
    Quarky and Zablive like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    To be fair, the Continent and the Marriott are not in the same class .... the Marriott is a solid 5 star with their attention to detail, training of staff and overall ambiance ... the Continent is four stars at best and still trying to get its act together in most areas ... together they make a very good case for the old maxim "You get what you pay for." ... with 3 nights at the Marriott being the same price for me as 5 nights at the Continent....

When staying around upper Suk, I have found the area between Thonglor and On Nut and even up as far as Udom Suk good for a morning walk but not much else ...

...alongside On Nut in the evening is great for street food and the little bars in the market area there have kept me entertained more than once whilst Mrs M shopped .... but that is more what you do when you find yourself there rather than worth a visit for its own sake ....

Around Thonglor area there is not much to see that I am aware of ...it is mostly upmarket residentials and hi-rise apartments with little else once you step away from Sukhumvit .... yours truly would be hopping on the Skytrain and deciding if he gets off in one stop at Cowboy or in two stops for Nana ..555

Enjoy...

IMG_20150325_092523.jpg
    Ha
    I swear we have the same room!!
    I will take a pic of view and it is exactly same angle.

Actually Thonglor had a bunch of good bars and restaurants...i have been before. Just thought you might have hit some new ones

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    My room was a little less expensive...

But the washroom was not up to my standards..

Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post

I'd still be changing travel agents if I were you ..... 555

Enjoy..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ that one looks like little head tours? 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post

But the washroom was not up to my standards..

what the hell is that....some sort of bathroom..where did you take these pics

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    what the hell is that....some sort of bathroom..where did you take these pics
    That is a common bathroom in most of the mooban Thai villages, meese. I've seen many of them. The big tub is NOT a bath tub, it is to hold water to flush down that stand up toilet.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ that's not a stand up toilet,it's a squatter (starting block)! and yeah,quite common away from P$P areas.

the big tanks have a scoop for washing dirty areas and little fish to eat up bacteria and algae.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ that's not a stand up toilet,it's a squatter (starting block)! and yeah,quite common away from P$P areas.

the big tanks have a scoop for washing dirty areas and little fish to eat up bacteria and algae.
    Yah, but some of us can't get back up when we squat. 555 Thais learn to do it as infants and even old ladies can squat for hours.
    Minder likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    all i can say is good luck to you guys when you go to the villages....555555....i would rather squat in the bush...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast