Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Finally going back...just booked one-way for July 15th :)

Red face Finally going back...just booked one-way for July 15th :)

First trip I lived in bkk (2011)

Second I lived in patong (2012)

Third I lived in patong (2013)

Fourth I lived in patong (2014)

Finally after 15 months of being home in America...Now this will be the Fifth time I am going back and going to try and live in Pattaya...what do you all think of Pattaya for 2015? How is it nowadays...still cheap? Do you think I will enjoy it and it will 'feel' cheaper given my past track record from where I lived before?

Longer the replys the better...I got 60 some days to kill before I leave, please give me all the current tips and advice since I will be a pattaya noob.

- Hangout spots
    - Where to make friends
    - Best bars
    - Best place to find girls
    - Where to find a good apartment (7-10k) near the beach or pattaya beach rd... www.bahtsold.com is good I head
    - Recommended beachs and tour spots
    - Where to find a job for a farang
    - Best gyms
    - Favorite places to eat and places to find good cheap thai food
    - Activity recommendations

...All this type of stuff I am looking to learn...thanks so much for taking the time to reply if you do I will value each and every response.

Also anyone want to hang out (BM's) the first week I am there to show me around? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Last edited by supmate; 9th May 2015 at 05:29.
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    what are your plans for your 60 days....just party or planning to work a bit(if you can).....i take it you have enough cash saved up if you going to party 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    geez...asking for restaurant recommendations in patong then going to live in pats!!....whatsup?

forget about the beaches there and just follow your nose to find girls

good luck!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    ^^ the restaurant recommendations thread was me. :-)

Lucky bugger is all I can say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ oops 555
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Supmate

Your best place for girls will be iBar , it's where a lot of the FLs hangout and where some younger guys like to go and pose

For accommodation in your price bracket , you are really looking at Soi Baukhao or Pattaya Tai

The beaches are horrible in Pattaya , unless to go for a day trip to Koh Larn , then they are crowded

Tony Gym's are the most affordable , lots of free weight s, but open air

Loads of Street food and carts around Patts , it's where the locals get most of their food , plus some family run places around the Soi Baukhao area just look to see where the Thais are eating

If you google sightseeing in Patts Top 30 Things to Do in Pattaya, Thailand on TripAdvisor: Pattaya Attractions

Work , no idea if jobs are available for foreigners , you see a few managing GoGos or Russians running tour booths , but that's it really

Personally I think Pattaya is a bit of a ****hole , but it is great for mongering , loads of Bars , GoGos , etc
    loads of options for daytime and evening fun , but after a week or so , I start to get bored of the place , you really need something to keep you occupied , but I guess you have the gym

Best of luck and take care if you rent a motorbike , the traffic is mental ....baht buses are only 10 baht ...a much safer option
    Quarky and supmate like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    People rave about Kiss Food on 2nd Rd but personally I found it to be average.

Au and I found a small kitchen on Soi12 I think it is, opposite a French Bar. An inconspicuous little place, many Bargirls and Thai eat there. Great food and cheap as chips.

For some dumb reason I get a craving for hotdogs in Thailand. There's a lady runs a mobile cart on Beach Rd, often stops outside Sea Bar just around the corner from Soi6. She makes them using a baguette, lettuce, tomato, onion and melts the cheese. .. aroi.

One of my favourite LOS noodle stands is at the start of the Soi opposite the carpark of BigC 2nd Rd.

Beaches..?? Pattaya Bch is crap like most of them. There's a good one down past the Naval Base at Sattahip. There's also an excellent Seafood restaurant at the small bay overlooking the Base. I'm sure a lot of girls will be familiar with it.

As for best place to find a job, girls, activity recommendations. .. are you serious 555.

Forget the job... Soi 6 and rooting is what Pattaya is about.. Go see Rin at Goodfellas and oddly enough Rinna at O Bar. Or if you're into something a little more out there Aom? at 3 Angels. Not sure if the name is correct but you'll know her when you see her 555. Devils Den.... a must do in Pattaya. Check their website.

I could go on but just go and explore. The best massage with extras I ever had was from a hot LB at Honey Massage Soi Honey.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

^ Kiss is terrible , avoid
    Cuzzy likes this.

Why is Kiss always so busy?

I hve only eaten there once... at 3.00am when drunk... I had a club sandwich... think it was ok... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Why is Kiss always so busy?

I hve only eaten there once... at 3.00am when drunk... I had a club sandwich... think it was ok... 555
    Because it's open at 03:00am when people are drunk ...
    Bacon and Cuzzy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    haha... it seems to be busy every time I go past... no matter what time of day...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

GOD i can't wait to be enveloped into the true..tru nightlife lifestyle...waking up at 2am every night in LOS getting in trouble by 5am and being drunk/h* as fuck by sunrise!!!!! 5555555555555

waking up 5pm in a random apartment with random ppl getting lost on the way back home with my MB...ahhh SOON.jpg

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    ^^ You are a casualty waiting to happen sup - best to take care out there !!
    TMTBOUND likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    ^^ You are a casualty waiting to happen sup - best to take care out there !!
    If it woulda happened, it woulda happened by now lol..

Nah but all jokes aside that will be a weekend occurrence only as opposed to the old days when i was in my lower 20s when it was a daily occurrence...I am over the hill now...turned 25 this past April each year since I was 21 in LOS has aged me about 5 years a piece...so that brings me up to 45 now with yall mates <3

Think you might end up at JP Bar , doesn't really get going until around 04:00 am , but is open until around 09:00 am

Think you might end up at JP Bar , doesn't really get going until around 04:00 am , but is open until around 09:00 am
    I work online; every single time when I left for LOS in the past I usually had a bit of money saved up and usually lasted me 3-6 months while receiving residual payments. Rarely did I EVER actually work while there which I had always planned on doing but never got around to it...(literally not even in 6 months did I work......entire months that go by in LOS are so blurred)

This time I am gonna run a strict 8am-2pm work schedule and only drink on weekends.

I am seeing a few IT positions or social media marketing position (sigh..) lol on www.bahtsold.com so I might look into that stuff to live a more 'normal' schedule life. Also there is all those english certificate teaching programs that guarantee you a job after graduation that cost about 50k to enroll in.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post

This time I am gonna run a strict 8am-2pm work schedule and only drink on weekends.

Yeah right..... 555
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    haha... it seems to be busy every time I go past... no matter what time of day...
    That is because the drunks who got there at 3 a.m. still haven't worked out where the exit door is 55
    Quarky and Cuzzy like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    You're probably going to want to join PA. It might change your mind about living in Pattaya over the next 60 days. 5555

I love it though, as a party destination it's great, but not sure if I could live there. Not in Pattaya proper anyway. Beach-wise check out Jomtien. Much cleaner and better than Pattaya central. Most of the expats also don't live around the main areas, and are mostly on the Dark Side, so definitely check that out as well. Plenty of information about that area, especially on PA.

I personally wouldn't settle on more permanent accommodation before going there. First you'd want to get a feel for the place and see if you're even going to like it. So for starters you might want to grab yourself a room on LK Metro, above Irish Rovers. I've heard it sets you back around 350 a night. Very basic room, but clean. Maybe stay on LK for a week while you get oriented. You can then decide where you want to pick as a bit of a more permanent residence.

Price-wise it's definitely cheaper than Bangkok and Phuket. Can't compare. Your baht goes further for sure.

When it comes to bars, girls and making friends, I'd say everywhere. That's one thing that you need to explore and find out for yourself. Exploration definitely pays off in Pattaya, so if you're going to stay there for a while then walk around as much as you can, both day and night.

Plenty of outdoorsy stuff to do outside Patts as well. I'll be doing some quad/dirt biking through the jungles there in a couple of weeks. Will post some footage if I can get a cheap GoPro sorted.

As for everything else, like entertainment, cheap food, etc, I'd say don't worry. You'll get oriented pretty quickly and will find everything before you know it. Then you'll be here giving the rest of us some tips.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders for your age, so you should be fine. It's not like it's your first time anyway. I'm 33 in two weeks and I'm still as fucktard stupid as they come. By comparison you're miles ahead. Just make sure you always keep emergency cash reserves in case something happens and you need to dash back home. It's Pattaya after all.

And check out these live cams: LKMetro
    Last edited by Bacon; 10th May 2015 at 13:24.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Plenty of outdoorsy stuff to do outside Patts as well. I'll be doing some quad/dirt biking through the jungles there in a couple of weeks. Will post some footage if I can get a cheap GoPro sorted.
    Thats awesome man...what sort of other outdoorsy stuff is there to do? And when are you going? Mind if I tag along for the biking?

Well if your baht goes further then the main positive with that is that it buys you more time to settle in and find out if the place is good to live in...in a relaxed financial way.

I just look at how the majority of farangs tend to live in pattaya or chaig mai...

Which brings me to my next point...never been to CM...one major goal of mine this trip is to try and explore new things...pattaya will be 100% new to me and I also plan on visiting CM and get a feel for the place.

What I didn't like about patong was the disconnect from BKK. I felt like I couldn't visit girls I'd meet on thaifriendly in bkk which is where the majority of the girls are located from that website...and personally...most girls I meet in Thailand are from that website...and barely any from phuket use it.

Also patong lacked a farang community IMO...too much in and out ya know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast