Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By supersub
  • 1 Post By supersub
  • 2 Post By Stillearly

Thread: Malaysia finds 'migrant' mass graves near Thai border

Malaysia finds 'migrant' mass graves near Thai border

Malaysia finds 'migrant' mass graves near Thai border - BBC News

Several mass graves thought to contain bodies of migrants have been found in Malaysia, authorities say.
    Home Minister Zahid Hamidi was quoted by Malayia's Star newspaper as saying the graves were found in 17 abandoned trafficking camps near the Thai border.
    He did not know how many bodies had been recovered.
    Several mass graves have been found in Thailand along a route used to smuggle Rohingya Muslims fleeing persecution in Myanmar (also known as Burma).
    But these would the first discovered in Malaysia.
    Thailand has already launched a crackdown on the trafficking networks.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I read the news about these mass graves, but no where could I find an explanation of why these people were killed this way. Does anyone know what the cause is?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

The article says ....mass graves were found in "Abandoned (human) trafficking camps" in Malaysia.
    It is well known that many Rohingya arrive in southern Thailand and Malaysia by boat, under the control of human traffickers based in Burma.
    It has also been alleged that locals in any one of these three countries hold them to ransom on shore, and that many are mistreated and starved while being held.
    You can only surmise that when the "Human traffickers" abandoned these sites, those that were left behind were a mixture of those that had died as a result of their mistreatment and those that were killed so as not to talk.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Ransoms not paid etc...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    That's what these people do. They hold you to ransom until someone pays up, then when they get money, they go easier on you. If you, or your family (Or anyone) doesn't pay, they continue the mistreatment as an incentive for you to do so (and as an example to others not to follow). Looks like time and luck ran out for some of these poor people.
    The incredible thing is that they really do believe you are having a lend of them if you don't pay up. Same in US/Mexico so i've seen in docos etc.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Ethnic cleansing alive and well in Myanmar

Rohingya crisis: UN sees 'ethnic cleansing' in Myanmar - BBC News

Mr Zeid, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, said the current operation in Rakhine was "clearly disproportionate".

He noted that the situation could not be fully assessed because Myanmar had refused access to human rights investigators, but said the UN had received
    "multiple reports and satellite imagery of security forces and local militia burning Rohingya villages, and consistent accounts of extrajudicial killings, including shooting fleeing civilians".

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Ethnic cleansing alive and well in Myanmar

Rohingya crisis: UN sees 'ethnic cleansing' in Myanmar - BBC News

Mr Zeid, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, said the current operation in Rakhine was "clearly disproportionate".

He noted that the situation could not be fully assessed because Myanmar had refused access to human rights investigators, but said the UN had received
    "multiple reports and satellite imagery of security forces and local militia burning Rohingya villages, and consistent accounts of extrajudicial killings, including shooting fleeing civilians".

I'd love to see some impartial reporting on this (impossible in this day and age I know). I've read lots of articles over the last few days plus testimonies of Myanmar locals who all say the so called Rohingya are Bengali ethnic migrants who want to carve out a piece of land in Myanmar.

They also initiated the violence with a coordinated attack on multiple police stations resulting in over 100 dead. Coupled with the below I think one should exercise caution when reading anything these days, especially from the likes of BBC.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.c...or-attack.html

To me this looks like the old Islam move in and conquer tactic and we all know how messy things get when people don't let them get their way. I think Myanmar is just protecting its land and people, unlike another SE country with a similar problem.
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I'd love to see some impartial reporting on this (impossible in this day and age I know). I've read lots of articles over the last few days plus testimonies of Myanmar locals who all say the so called Rohingya are Bengali ethnic migrants who want to carve out a piece of land in Myanmar.

They also initiated the violence with a coordinated attack on multiple police stations resulting in over 100 dead. Coupled with the below I think one should exercise caution when reading anything these days, especially from the likes of BBC.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.c...or-attack.html

To me this looks like the old Islam move in and conquer tactic and we all know how messy things get when people don't let them get their way. I think Myanmar is just protecting its land and people, unlike another SE country with a similar problem.
    U.N. brands Myanmar violence a 'textbook' example of ethnic cleansing | Reuters

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-my...-idUKKCN1BM107

Not sure why a Jewish run organisation like the BBC would be empathetic towards the Rohingya?

In saying that, I still can't think of many news outlets as neutral as the BBC?

And the CNBC article seems pretty much the same as the BBC one?

^^ you must be joking DP. BBC is one of the worst places to get news from really.

The other thing I didn't mention is there are lots of 'false' pictures floating around from other conflicts around the world being palmed off as from Myanmar.
    do ron likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    ^^ you must be joking DP. BBC is one of the worst places to get news from really.
    the funny thing is both the left and right think the BBC has a bias towards the other side ....
    Quarky and PeteGill like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar

The other thing I didn't mention is there are lots of 'false' pictures floating around from other conflicts around the world being palmed off as from Myanmar.
    Some of those people forced out are 2nd generation Burmese by birth.
    How do you explain their lack of rights?
    Thailand has a substantial % of Muslims who live here peacefully.
    I live in Kamala among mostly Muslims and they are nice people.

There is no doubt in my mind the radical Burmese are practising ethnic cleansing against legitimate residents of Myanmar.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

What news outlet is better? The BBC won't print/broadcast anything until it has independent verification... hence why you don't see sensationalist type stories on there... and why many people might see them as a "boring" news outlet... Though no broadcaster is perfect, there aren't many around who manage to maintain the same degree of integrity as the BBC.

Al Jazeera is the old BBC Arabic channel... which probably explains the number of ex-BBC staff that work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    What news outlet is better? The BBC won't print/broadcast anything until it has independent verification... hence why you don't see sensationalist type stories on there... and why many people might see them as a "boring" news outlet... Though no broadcaster is perfect, there aren't many around who manage to maintain the same degree of integrity as the BBC.

Al Jazeera is the old BBC Arabic channel... which probably explains the number of ex-BBC staff that work there.

Amongst other examples of bias I guess you were not following their coverage during the recent elections. Personally I hope the licence fee here is abolished so they can be privatised.

These self-identified Rohingyas are all Bengalis illegally migrated from Bangladesh and started the old game that they played in India to partition Myanmar. Not even a word of condolences to the innocent civilians in Bengali terrorist attack???

Tbh I don't follow any 1 source these days. I read all and usually the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Banned
    I would suggest they don't go looking to close at other Thai border regions.