Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Foreigners behaving badly

Platinum

Foreigners behaving badly

Night before last we were enjoying a meal/drink in Soi Sansabai in Patong.
    Those familiar with Patong will know Soi Sansabai is actually a private road, so I am told, and at night there is 3 and 4 rows of motorbikes parked on it and the fee is B20.
    There are several "parking attendants" and the way they swing those scooters around and jam them in is an art form.

This night a European couple parked their scooter in front of Yorkshire Inn and walked in without paying. The attendant shouted at them but they walked off and he shifted their bike further down the road. They came back, started arguing and the arguing continued up the road to opposite us, all over B20 FFS!!!!!

Just so you have the picture, the European guy would be 6'2 or more and very well muscled and shaped probably 220lb, the girl was taller, an attractive blonde, very well tanned and fit. The Thai parking attendant was skinny, about 5'2" and about 100lb.

Another shouted exchange and next thing the Euro guy pushed the Thai and kicked at him and it was all on. The Thai guy flew at him and then another Thai guy either kicked or bodyslammed the Euro from behind and the attendant and the Euro were on the ground hitting at each other.

Then the Euro girl sailed into the little Thai guy too and as that happened the waiter from our restaurant and I rushed out to break it up.

The Euro girl punched at the waiter and I roared stop and it started to tail off, they struggled on the ground and eventually we separated them. The Euro girl started advancing towards me aggressively, calling me a pig and such forth, the Euro guy was bleeding from his legs and was obviously pretty sore. After a couple more shouting matches it dissipated and they went back to the bike etc.

Couple of things.
    What a disgusting case of bullying, this very large Euro picking on a Thai guy one third of his size and even worse two on to one with the girl attacking the Thai too.

What a wonderful way to enjoy the holiday you have paid $1000's of dollars for.

You wouldn't believe how ugly that girl looked when she was screaming.

Disgusting way to behave when you are in another country and all over B20
    Quarky, NeedHoliday and ayjay like this.

To be fair if you didn't know the street was private land and didn't know about the fee, and after probably being ripped off or scammed on various other things already - some Thai guy trying to demand money for what would therefore "appear" like a scam, would probably get you agitated.

Of course if the attendant explained it and they understood (could be euro language barriers) and they still ignored it then fair game, and yes over 20B is totally stupid on their behalf.
    Stillearly and Cuzzy like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    seen similar scenarios on SSS so many times....he's lucky there weren't more Thai parking guys around
    dave01 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I've seen those parking guys be more assholes than not.....so not exactly inclined to side with them
    dave01 likes this.

Best avoided, size advantage or not
    Some Phuket folk here may remember the intoxicated German guy who died after a little road rage outside a 7/11 near Chalong Circle, big bloke small Thai, Mr German had him in a headlock
    Except Thai also had a small knife, big enough to hit something important, killed him

Wouldn't have to search far in eg Phuketwan to find similar examples of little arguments getting serious

Don't know what people may be carrying. Young guy in house next to us once asked if he could use our garage to clean his motorbike on a rainy day. Emptied out tools, rags and a pistol from under the seat of his little Honda Wave.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Yeah all toi common. I've seen them come from everywhere with bottles.

Best pay your 20b

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Jeez. I've killed dozens of the little dudes and never even dropped my Sansai burger...
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Bottom line is you're in a foreign country where you know fuck all about common laws and customs. Better play nice no matter the circumstance or prepare to get your ass kicked. Just another couple of stupid c*nts banged up abroad.
    TLandHim likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    they have always been polite to me...even thou this time i did not take a bike in ...just pointed out where i was staying..and no problem papa(getting called that more and more these days 555)
    they do give you a ticket as well ..as you have all said over 20 baht....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    SSS has been a bit of blood bath over the years.

one of my mates gave his job away as manger of the billabong bar because of the continual early morning agro there.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    SSS has been a bit of blood bath over the years.

one of my mates gave his job away as manger of the billabong bar because of the continual early morning agro there.
    well they are all drunk 55555....not many thinking clearly....i cant place the billabong bar in sans sabai lew ????

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ long gone. owner started up in AC Phillipines.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    well they are all drunk 55555....not many thinking clearly....i cant place the billabong bar in sans sabai lew ????
    Its now Wicked Bar.

thanks brian..i know that place 55555555

They should make clear signs to alert tourists it is paid parking
    Because 20baht is a bargain to park your bike there and not have to worry about it

But when there are no signs and you have some guy coming up to you demanding money....it is off putting

I haven't been there in years but they weren't clear then
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Deleted due to double post
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 11th June 2015 at 14:23.
    TLandHim likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Jeez. I've killed dozens of the little dudes and never even dropped my Sansai burger...
    Yea Slam, just get im in a huddle in close and bonk em on the top of the head hard and they ..all fall down....55555

I agree they need signs so people know. Also maybe the accommodation owners need oh have notices in the rooms. When i stayed at SBH I hired a bigger biike and parked it out the front, no idea of any fees.

On the 2nd day I found my bike was parked in and as soon as i started to move the bikes around/in front of it, a little man appeared and told me ...must pay to park...I was a bit put out and said why? there are no signs?

He then said...you live here? pointing at SBH...I said yes, he said..OK...so I said how much the cost? expecting it to be 100bt , he said 20bt and I went...here have it no problem...one thing that came from that was any time I came home and there was no parking spaces he created one for me
    Tez likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Yea Slam, just get im in a huddle in close and bonk em on the top of the head hard and they ..all fall down....55555

I agree they need signs so people know. Also maybe the accommodation owners need oh have notices in the rooms. When i stayed at SBH I hired a bigger biike and parked it out the front, no idea of any fees.

On the 2nd day I found my bike was parked in and as soon as i started to move the bikes around/in front of it, a little man appeared and told me ...must pay to park...I was a bit put out and said why? there are no signs?

He then said...you live here? pointing at SBH...I said yes, he said..OK...so I said how much the cost? expecting it to be 100bt , he said 20bt and I went...here have it no problem...one thing that came from that was any time I came home and there was no parking spaces he created one for me
    SBH actually owns that bit of road right in front of the hotel....doesn't usually stop the parking jockeys from having a crack at getting money out of you though
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Platinum
    The parking thing didn't bother me too much or the issue about it, what really pissed me off was some hulking neanderthal and his troglydyte partner from Scandinavia or Russia attacking a person less than 1/3rd their size for whatever reason.

What scum and a blight on all us farangs unfortunately because often Thais lump us all together.

I hate bullies in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    The parking thing didn't bother me too much or the issue about it, what really pissed me off was some hulking neanderthal and his troglydyte partner from Scandinavia or Russia attacking a person less than 1/3rd their size for whatever reason.

What scum and a blight on all us farangs unfortunately because often Thais lump us all together.

I hate bullies in any form.
    Like i said......I have had those guys be assholes way more than helpful
    If you have some guy shouting at you to give him money.....which you said the Thai guy did(and have seen them do countless times) than what do you expect
    If they want to make money.....run it like a true business and they will reduce issues like this

And if you don't think this Thai parking guy hasn't ganged up on tourists before with other Thais.....you haven't been paying attention

There are some asshole tourists but anything involved with those parking guys in Patong.....I am giving anyone a large benefit of doubt
    KRIS-ONE likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast