Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stillearly

Thread: Actress Kills Policeman

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Actress Kills Policeman

Thai Actress Kills Cop, Refuses To Be Questioned - Stickboy Bangkok

Too "traumatised" to give a blood sample , not arrested and allowed to leave the scene .....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    That is so unbelievable.

Nowhere in the world would someone get away with that.....Oh but this is Thailaand.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

More info in Bangkok Post

Actress driver of car that kills policeman | Bangkok Post: news

She would initially be charged with reckless driving causing death, police said.
    She would also face a charge of fleeing arrest
    And from a witness

told police he saw the Mercedes and a big bike travelling at high speed, as if they were racing

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^ Thanks for that, it's more sensible.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    ^^^^ Thanks for that, it's more sensible.
    And means she doesn't get done for being drunk , still crazy that they let her go ...

If she's wealthy enough, connected to the right people, this could be one where it simply fades out of the public/media, case adjourned again and again, esp if policeman's family accept an offer of compensation

You're dead right about the delay, they'll ask her to do a blood alcohol test at 2.00pm next Wednesday!

And all the while her lawyer will be arguing it was the policeman's fault for being asleep in his car, and possibly not wearing a seat belt

That's the way it goes

:.......
    Note: the value of a life. Not related to this case, but MsH recently signed off on a 50k (baht not dollar) compensation in lieu of police prosecution. A company excavator or bulldozer left unlit, roadside, hit by a motorcyclist late at night, dead. Reported as no headlight on motorbike, so blame 'shared'

And this one made local tv, April, one of the company trucks rolled back and ran over a small roadside stall selling durian. Made out of sticks and tarpaulin. No one hurt, but paid 20k to the stall owner so no police involvement. That figure included paying for all the durians he had, given free to staff.
    Last edited by Hatari; 26th June 2015 at 19:43.

Yup , not seen any recent updates on the Red Bull Heir either ..

Think after he paid the cop's family the three million baht 'funeral money' not much has happened, bit of a show with police issuing arrest warrants two years ago, as you say nothing more

Just googled it , he went to Singapore to watch the F1 race during the case and has never returned to Thailand ... last update in Bangkok post 2014
    Hatari likes this.

Turned herself in at 13:30 the following afternoon

Actress Anna Reese charged over fatal accident | Bangkok Post: news

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Speaking of compensation, I think that Australian expat that stabbed and killed the Tai Pan bouncer was given a self defence resolution and 1.3 million baht compensation to the family of the deceased. Can't remember where I read the article though....
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ cops have recommended no charges be laid against him after he paid the 1.3m "restitution" to the family of the deceased...they in turn have supported this..its now in the hands of the prosecutors

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    This is Thailand. Amazing how versatile the saying is.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Nice smile ...

Anna Reese Settles With Family of Dead Policeman

Anna Reese Settles With Family of Dead Policeman

Khaosod English
    24 August 2015

Actress Anna Reese on Saturday puts her arms around Chanthana Wongbundit, the wife of Police Lt. Naphadol Wongbundit, at a Bangkok police station after agreeing to pay an undisclosed amount of restitution to the family. Lt. Naphadol died June 26 when Anna hit the police vehicle he was sleeping in with her Mercedes-Benz.

BANGKOK — After two rounds of negotiation, the actress who killed a police officer with her Mercedes Benz has settled for an undisclosed sum with the policeman’s family, though she still faces criminal proceedings.

British-Thai actress Anna Hambawaris reached agreement with the family of Police Lt. Naphadol Wongbundit in a meeting at a Bangkok police station Saturday – nearly two months after she crashed her car into the police vehicle where Naphadol was sleeping, killing him instantly on June 26.

“We have reached an agreement. Both parties are satisfied,” Anna said. “I’d prefer not to disclose the sum of money.”

In two previous sessions, Anna, who is better known as Anna Reese, refused to pay the 5 million baht compensation Naphadol’s family had requested, saying she would only pay a maximum of 2 million baht.

Anna told reporters Saturday that the matter had been settled following an hourlong meeting with Naphadol’s family.

Naphadol’s wife, Chanthana Wongbundit, initially asked Anna to pay 7.2 million baht to her family. She said Naphadol was a promising police officer with 15 more years in his career to go when he died. Naphadol also had two children.

The amount was later reduced to 6.2 million baht, 1.2 million of which would be covered by Anna’s insurance company.

Anna acknowledged Saturday the criminal case against her is still ongoing. She has been charged with reckless driving leading to the death of others.

She added that she will become a nun again to honor Naphadol’s memory, having already ordained herself briefly as a nun for a week in July.

Actress ‘Anna Reese’ Charged With DUI 2 Years After Killing Cop

BANGKOK — A former British-Thai actress who avoided jail time for killing a policeman in a car crash two years ago was arrested Sunday night for drunk driving.

Anna Hambawaris, known by her stage name Anna Reese, was apprehended after she got into an argument with a bar owner and crashed into another vehicle at a parking lot near Ratchadapisek Road. Police said Anna – who blamed her erratic behavior on family problems – was being tested for other substances Monday morning.

“At this moment, we have charged her with DUI,” said Col. Arkom Chantanalat, chief of Huai Khwang police. “We have also sent her to the police hospital for narcotics testing.”

Police will take her to court after the results are available, Arkom said.

Officers were called to the scene after Anna, 30, reportedly became intoxicated and began throwing objects inside the bar at about midnight. She tried to flee the scene but ended up crashing her BMW into another car in the parking lot. Police later arrested her and gave her a breathalyzer test, which indicated a blood alcohol level over the legal limit.

When reporters arrived at the police station to film her, Anna screamed incoherently at them and the officers.

“You can stay here! I don’t have power, but today I rely on my truth,” Anna shouted. “Ake, your name is Ake, have you thought that your actions might have affected anyone in a higher position?”

She was held overnight at the station’s cell room. When she was questioned by police in the morning, Anna wept in front of cameras and said she was stressed by family problems. She was later granted a bail on a 20,000 baht bond.

“Many issues. I have to take care of my family, and my sibling, well, it’s, my sibling is a special kid,” Anna said between sobs. “I tried to adjust my emotions.”

Anna, who was known as a B-movie actress at the time, rose to infamy in June 2015 when she crashed her BMW into the back of a police car, killing Lt. Col. Naphadol Wongbundit as he was sleeping inside.

She created a dramatic scene, crying and clinging to the dead officer’s body. When officers attempted to speak to her, she screamed at them and ultimately was allowed to go home without a sobriety test. Police never filed a DUI charge against her. In an interview that drew outrage from social media, Anna said at the policeman’s funeral that she believed her victim’s ghost had forgiven her.

The court later convicted her of fatal reckless driving and gave her a suspended jail sentence and community service.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Karma they say.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Loony tunes...
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    She sounds like a real "winner". Too bad it takes all that before she finally gets what is coming to her. Money talks and it always has.

The son of a wealthy man in Chiang Mai who smashed into the parked tuk tuk and its driver never paid a single baht in compensation. The tuk tuk driver was from Burma and was a business partner with Pui. They bought the tuk tuk together in hopes of running a viable operation. Two years later the Burmese driver eventually died of his injuries after spending over a year in hospital. Pui paid for most of his medical costs. I don't know how the local authorities could lay any blame on a legally parked vehicle by the mote. Some money must have changed hands... but none of it to Pui or the tuk tuk man.