Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By justcruzing1
  • 2 Post By Changone

Thread: Samsung safety truck

Samsung safety truck

Could do with these in Thailand ....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZetSRWchM4w?rel=0

Last edited by kaptainrob; 7th August 2015 at 11:14.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Good idea Rob, especially at night but I wonder how many idiots will run into the back of the truck?? Seeing the vision of space in front of the truck and fixating on that.
    Cuzzy likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    hmm...dunno,still a trust issue for me.

i do a hell of a lot of overtaking on the open road here.

what's to stop some idiot thai hooking up his own vid to it as a "funny" stunt,thai style to cause some grief?

out on the open road the truck (and some cars) drivers use an indicator system to indicate what cars behind them should do..... of...

right blinker....i'm staying here,don't pass me.
    left blinker....i'm moving over and you can pass me now.

i don't take any notice of them. no way i'm being herded by an idiot.

many times they've indicated not to pass and i've got around easily as the pickup has great torque and i time my run so that i drop back a little,accelerate so that i'm very close to the vehicles rear end and pull out just as the oncoming is beside me or just past.
    other times a truck will indicate it's safe to pass when they can see the other side of a blind crest...no way i'm going/trusting them.

many thais are too scared to pass slow vehicles and just sit behind them making it much harder for cars behind to pass.

then some decide they will have a go as they can see you behind them out in the other lane and think they should too and motion to move and veer right towards you as you are passing them....idiots.

pass 555

ps; a few times i've had to get back in the lane quickly and the car in front has seen that and slammed their brakes on as they think they've seen danger........making less room for me to fit into. the smart thing would be to accelerate so that i have less speed to wash off...no they see the exact opposite as the way to go....usual upside-down asian thinking...idiots!!

just finished a 2k k's drive so fresh in my mind 555
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 7th August 2015 at 15:26.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    You haven't lived until you've seen a fully laden Double Decker passenger bus hurtling toward you on "Your" side of the road trying to pass slower traffic.
    It is a major trouser endangering experience.....555
    Moo Uaon and Bacon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    You haven't lived until you've seen a fully laden Double Decker passenger bus hurtling toward you on "Your" side of the road trying to pass slower traffic.
    With some poor fat fool farang like me stuck in the deadmans seat on hte upper deck...(my experience)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    I thought this thread was about the testing of the new 'driverless' truck in Europe for some reason ,,,,

I heard one crashed anyway ! 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    With some poor fat fool farang like me stuck in the deadmans seat on hte upper deck...(my experience)
    I was on a double decker going to Korat and in the hills before it, I went downstairs to use the toilet, have a slash, standing there wedged against the wall trying to keep my balance while trying to aim at a moving can.
    We rounded a corner at high speed and the bloody bus was on two wheels for a second or two but felt forever and the near full Can spilt 1/2 it's contents all over the floor and my shoes!!!
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    I reckon its a brilliant idea, its all about vision and more of it, and thats exactly what the concept does. No doubt it will save a life or more
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    I thought this thread was about the testing of the new 'driverless' truck in Europe for some reason ,,,,

I heard one crashed anyway ! 555
    Driverless car in the US have already been, easily, hacked and taken over. Mmm, I don't know.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.