Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Suggestions between Hua Hin and Phuket

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253

    Suggestions between Hua Hin and Phuket

    I am rethinking our April trip........we were going to go to Vietnam for 6 days but its a lot of flying and adds a decent amount of $ to our costs.

    We are starting our trip in Hua Hin and driving down to Phuket
    We have 6-7 days to play around with

    I think we will do 2 days in Khao Sok National Park

    I'd like to do something beachfront

    Thinking possibly:
    PhangNga
    Khao Lok

    Or even somewhere more south of Phuket, as long as near airport to fly back to BKK

    Thanks for any suggestions

  2. #2
    Platinum NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    655
    Koh Lanta for a nice quiet few days on a lovely beach? Maybe a bit too far.

    Also saw a picture of an island around Phuket that I'd never heard of before and looked gorgeous - will see if I can find it.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Driven that way a few times... Never stopped on the east coast, but Krabi, Ao Nang, Phang Nga are all places worth a visit!

    Khao Lak not so much, more a resort type of place, but if that is your thing..?

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Koh Lanta for a nice quiet few days on a lovely beach? Maybe a bit too far.

    Also saw a picture of an island around Phuket that I'd never heard of before and looked gorgeous - will see if I can find it.
    I looked at Koh Lanta but need to take a ferry, trying to avoid that

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Driven that way a few times... Never stopped on the east coast, but Krabi, Ao Nang, Phang Nga are all places worth a visit!

    Khao Lak not so much, more a resort type of place, but if that is your thing..?
    Phang Nga looked a bit backpacker-ish
    What do you think

    I'd only be concerned with getting a place on the beach and chilling

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Phang Nga looked a bit backpacker-ish
    What do you think

    I'd only be concerned with getting a place on the beach and chilling
    Yeah, probably why I like it! 555

    But just imagine yourself in a kayak, looking at this...

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post

    Also saw a picture of an island around Phuket that I'd never heard of before and looked gorgeous - will see if I can find it.
    you're probablt thinking of ko yai noi...on the door step of phang nga bay...

    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    Bang Saphan is as chilled and beach-side as you can get.
    2 1/2 hours drive south of HH and not far from chumpon where you hang a right to head to ranong (geir country), khao sok and kao lak

    some nice little beach side bungalows at prices to suit all budgets and a lot of hidden away beachside bars too.



    http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...chang/6622.htm

    bars and rooms...click on the map for a bigger version..

    http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/img/BSmap.jpg
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,821
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I am rethinking our April trip........we were going to go to Vietnam for 6 days but its a lot of flying and adds a decent amount of $ to our costs.

    We are starting our trip in Hua Hin and driving down to Phuket
    We have 6-7 days to play around with

    I think we will do 2 days in Khao Sok National Park

    I'd like to do something beachfront

    Thinking possibly:
    PhangNga
    Khao Lok

    Or even somewhere more south of Phuket, as long as near airport to fly back to BKK

    Thanks for any suggestions
    Have you been to Koh Lipe? Bit of a pain to get to if going by boat from Phuket, but if you can get to Hat Yai (has an airport i'm sure) it's like an hour or so by speedboat from there. Probably the most peaceful of all the andaman southern islands left today. I went there a few years ago so you will find some pics in my trip report thread if your interested. You can then fly back to Bangkok from Hat Yai. If you do go be warned there are no cash machines on the island.

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Have you been to Koh Lipe? Bit of a pain to get to if going by boat from Phuket, but if you can get to Hat Yai (has an airport i'm sure) it's like an hour or so by speedboat from there. Probably the most peaceful of all the andaman southern islands left today. I went there a few years ago so you will find some pics in my trip report thread if your interested. You can then fly back to Bangkok from Hat Yai. If you do go be warned there are no cash machines on the island.
    Yes....I have very much looked into it.
    And that is a possibility
    I've never been south of Phuket and we can also drop the car off at Hat Yai airport
    There is a few nice bungalows that I already looked at.

    Now in Ko Lipe.....when you are staying on the beach is there a small town or anything you can walk to for restaurants. Like a small village setting?
    My wife and MIL like to do their own thing and it usually involves shopping and eating
    They might get bored if it is 100% beach related( I wouldn't!)

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    there's bugger all on Lipe and the port of pak barra at satun to get the boat there is about 100k's from hat yai.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 4th September 2015 at 21:56.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Bang Saphan is as chilled and beach-side as you can get.
    2 1/2 hours drive south of HH and not far from chumpon where you hang a right to head to ranong (geir country), khao sok and kao lak

    some nice little beach side bungalows at prices to suit all budgets and a lot of hidden away beachside bars too.



    http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...chang/6622.htm

    bars and rooms...click on the map for a bigger version..

    http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/img/BSmap.jpg
    How are the bars?

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,821
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Yes....I have very much looked into it.
    And that is a possibility
    I've never been south of Phuket and we can also drop the car off at Hat Yai airport
    There is a few nice bungalows that I already looked at.

    Now in Ko Lipe.....when you are staying on the beach is there a small town or anything you can walk to for restaurants. Like a small village setting?
    My wife and MIL like to do their own thing and it usually involves shopping and eating
    They might get bored if it is 100% beach related( I wouldn't!)

    There is 'walking street' with bars, restaurants and some shops although its only the small stalls and shops selling the stuff you see everywhere else in Thailand. I didn't sample any farang food there but I suspect it probably wouldn't be good although there was a nice gelato place run by some Italian lady. Lekkas Lipe or something like that.

    Some beach bars around and some more on walking street too. Lipe is very small so choices are obviously limited. That was actually part of the appeal to me as I could get to any of the beaches on foot in 10-15 mins. For 3-4 nights it's great. If I go back again I want to stay at the mountain resort. It's a great spot right by the sandbar you see in all the pictures.

    Attachment 12005


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    How are the bars?
    no BG's. they get a few people in for sundowners as they are right on the beach.
    good food and fun i found,very laid back and chilled.

    Coco's and Why Not seem to be the most popular with the local expats and visitors...

    CocoBeachfront Bangsaphan

    Bang Saphan nightlife, bars, karaoke



    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 5th September 2015 at 11:40.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    a lot quiter again is Khanom in nakhon sri tammarat.
    really only the one bar worth going to there but it's a really good one that also has some excellent rooms too.



    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 5th September 2015 at 11:49.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    a lot quiter again is Khanom in nakhon sri tammarat.
    really only the one bar worth going to there but it's a really good one that also has some excellent rooms too.



    What's the bars name?

    Thanks everyone for all the suggestions

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    ^ bottom right corner...CC Beach bar.

    it's a well run farang bar that is very popular and been there many years now.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    This Khanom looks perfect Lew

    We've never been down that way and we can fly back to BKK easy

    Now I just need to find an oceanfront room

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    ^ Charlie at CC has some good ones.

    Norabunga on here stayed down there a couple of weeks or more last year.
    maybe he has some suggestions.

    there was a BBC doco on here somewhere "wanted in paradise". they stayed in one of his places.

    here it is... BBC Two - Wanted in Paradise, Khanom



    https://ccbeachbarthai.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 5th September 2015 at 14:23.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ Charlie at CC has some good ones.

    Norabunga on here stayed down there a couple of weeks or more last year.
    maybe he has some suggestions.

    there was a BBC doco on here somewhere "wanted in paradise". they stayed in one of his places.

    here it is... BBC Two - Wanted in Paradise, Khanom



    https://ccbeachbarthai.wordpress.com/
    Does CC have rooms that are absolute beachfront?

    Thanks for all your help

    My wife and MIL will like it too because they will like the town and Nakhon So Tammaret

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •