Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: how much would a Thai need/

Cadet Bronze

how much would a Thai need/

I have no intention of sending money to anyone in Asia,but for a Thai to be wealthy beyond means how much in say a bulk amount would they need to live a life comfortably.
    I speak to many ,n they all say they're poor,Do they have bank accounts like we do in the West,or do they just survive day to day on wat little pay they get.What about the people who dont have jobs,how do they survive?
    If I was to send someone some amount is it best to send via bank transfer,by cheque thru snail mail,or go up there and personally hand it to them,

There's too many variables for one answer, a lot of it is based around supporting their family and such and where they live.

"I have no intention..." and then "If I was to send someone" kinda contradicts each other Honestly if you don't understand these questions yourself, which you'd somewhat know if you actually knew the person, it's a crazy stupid risk to even think about it.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    its like asking how long is a piece of string...people across the world live on different amounts of money..some think they are rich some think they are poor...people have different needs

but like you i would never send money....im not going to pay any one to be a long distance gf 5555...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Bepp as already said there are so many variables.

If you, or someone you know, are considering it, I would advise not sending in one lump sum, make it say a monthly payment.
    Thai's generally are not good with money..well that's a broad statement I know, but if your doing this I guess it's someone on the bottom end of the totem pole and they generally share what ever money they have with family and friends so if they have a big load it is gone very quickly.

You sort of have to be a money manager for them.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I'd say if you don't know the answers to any of the questions you asked then you don't actually know the person well so absolutely no reason to send money to them.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    the vast majority have a bank account and an ATM card.
    best way to send money is via telegraphic transfer straight from your bank account to there's. or western union.

the ones that don't have money or work can always find food,no shortage of that in LOS.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Again, your life and your money to do with as you wish. Just be sure that you do not send any more than you can afford to without impacting on your own lifestyle...

Also Bepp make sure she knows the money is from you, as there may be ten other guys doing the same as you... and it can get confusing for them to remember who to thank.. especially when she may not have met many of them...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    ^^^^
    Bloody illusion destroyer ...
    pinecone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bepp View Post
    I have no intention of sending money to anyone in Asia,but for a Thai to be wealthy beyond means how much in say a bulk amount would they need to live a life comfortably.
    I speak to many ,n they all say they're poor,Do they have bank accounts like we do in the West,or do they just survive day to day on wat little pay they get.What about the people who dont have jobs,how do they survive?
    If I was to send someone some amount is it best to send via bank transfer,by cheque thru snail mail,or go up there and personally hand it to them,
    In all seriousness, personally hand it to them.. after you have known them a long, long time.. and everything feels genuine on both sides. For some people this process can take years.. and for others... decades...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    In all seriousness, personally hand it to them.. after you have known them a long, long time.. and everything feels genuine on both sides. For some people this process can take years.. and for others... decades...
    Until then Pay for Services rendered in person.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Also Bepp make sure she knows the money is from you, as there may be ten other guys doing the same as you... and it can get confusing for them to remember who to thank.. especially when she may not have met many of them...
    Possibly one too many assumptions. 555

ladyboys thruout thailand
    Quarky likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Cadet Gold
    ouch that was a hard put down from you all. if your thinking along those lines op better question is to ask how much would a qualified engineer make in Thailand and use that as your reasonable figure, its how i would do it (but i wont because i know how that game will end)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    give it to the wrong one and their families and hangers on will have it spent in no time.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Why did Budhha provide Western Union ?
    Quarky and TMTBOUND like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Blame the Americans 55555!

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    To enable scammers... 55

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    He was only asking "For a mate"....like....555

I'm just more worried that Bepp might be taken advantage of. He isn't able to go to Thailand any time soon... so would hate to see him exploited by anyone..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bepp View Post
    Read your post this morning, and had a bad feeling about it all day..!

By the post, I don't understand it.. No intention of sending money, but if, how to do it...?

Combined with previous posts and common sense;.. man alone, loner, no family, few friends, no hobbies, health issues due to which cannot work and cannot travel...
    Finds comfort in talking on line with Thais...

No intention of sending money, but how much would be needed as a bulk sum to live comfortably..

Long story short, I will just spit it out... Bepp, are you planning your own exit? and deciding on your final will and testimony?
    Hope you will answer I am a fool and where the FF did I get that idea...
    If not.. I don't mind people planning their own faith, not at all....

But please, if you plan something like that, do it openly and not sneak out in loneliness!!
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast