Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Nap Hotel....good with bargirl or uncomfortable????

Cadet

Nap Hotel....good with bargirl or uncomfortable????

Hello,

I will be happily coming back to Patong in December and need a bit of advice. My favorite hotel, Salathai, has closed but the same group owns "The Nap", which is one block further away from Bangla. The hotel looks great and the team from Salathai is there and they have offered me a great room rate. They are even waiving the 1500 Baht joiner fee!!!

Here is my question, since there is a 1500 baht joiner fee, I assume that I will likely be the only guy there with a gal who is leaving in the morning with tiny shorts and high heels ....While I don't necessarily care what others think (especially when I am on vacation), I am wondering if I am going to get crazy looks while I am reading at the pool and if I am better off booking a decent hotel that has a no joiner fee?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I already miss the Salathai.

Patong 12/20- 12/26 is anyone wants to hang as well.

Thanks,

Lev
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Sunny told me there would be no problems with joiner fees for the old guests of the Salathai , I think it will be a similar atmosphere to the Salathai and would stay there if I returned
    Last edited by Stillearly; 20th September 2015 at 02:20.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I'd stay away
    If they are charging a 1500 joiner fee they don't want that type of business.
    Even if they wave it because they know you.

I wouldn't chance it......just go to a place that is joiner friendly, so many around
    Tingtong likes this.

Cadet
    so far....1 yes, 1 no

i am torn....

F*&K

I've stayed at the Aspery right next to The Nap.....I love that road.
    Quiet but not so far from everything.

Just from the clientele I've seen there..... It doesn't seem like it would be comfortable.

Now if you plan on just taking a BG back and setting her free.....I wouldn't worry.
    But if you like to hang around the pool and restaurant with them......I'd stay away from a place that charged 1500 JF

Cadet
    Marc- -thanks....definitely catch and release. I prefer long time, so a bit of morning action, but no breakfast, lunch, "let's hang tomorrow" type activities.

Funny (or sadly), I am even debating if the Nap is "one block" too far...as I loved the Salathai location on Sawatidirak. BGs can do one block in heels, but the second block is a killer!

As a fellow Masshole, thanks again!

^ good points , before Salathai I used to stay at the Deevana ( until it changed its joiner policy ) and I would walk to Bangla , but it was a TukTuk ride back with company ....

On the other thread , with GF hotels , this places looks pretty good

R Mar Resort and Spa Phuket, Thailand: Agoda.com

Cadet
    Stillearly....I had been thinking about Rmar as an option even before the Nap...it is now booked!

Nap is a great option, but I am still a bit iffy on bringing a BG to a nice place, that clearly is discouraging this type of (awesome) activity.

ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by levkid View Post
    Marc- -thanks....definitely catch and release. I prefer long time, so a bit of morning action, but no breakfast, lunch, "let's hang tomorrow" type activities.

Funny (or sadly), I am even debating if the Nap is "one block" too far...as I loved the Salathai location on Sawatidirak. BGs can do one block in heels, but the second block is a killer!

As a fellow Masshole, thanks again!
    I really love that block. We are actually staying the next block away at The Charm Resort in April. I like it more quiet.

Now Aspery is not at that level of accommodation that The Nap is but its a small clean hotel with a decent rooftop pool.
    What about that resort that is across the street from where Salathai used to be?
    Really Thai wooden looking place. Looked nice and I know guys brought BG's back there

Hey can you postpone your trip until early April and bring my nephew with you? 555
    We are trying to get him from BOS to BKK and meet us there but my sister freaking out

Where in Mass are you?

Stillearly....I had been thinking about Rmar as an option even before the Nap...it is now booked!

Nap is a great option, but I am still a bit iffy on bringing a BG to a nice place, that clearly is discouraging this type of (awesome) activity.

ugh....
    You said they were offering you a great deal so this may not be an option
    But see how much BYD Lofts are, they are right next to The Nap and definitely GF

Cadet
    Marc,

"have to go" in december...taking my annual two weeks off...patong, Samui and BKK. tough to take two weeks at any other time of the year. (though I did sneak one week this past March)

From Marblehead, but sadly live in NYC now!

I loved the food at the Salathai , so would probably stil visit the Nap in the evenings to use their restaurant , even if I was staying elsewhere

Levkid , just a few more posts and you should jump a level , would appreciate your views on R Mar once you have stayed there as well

Marc,

"have to go" in december...taking my annual two weeks off...patong, Samui and BKK. tough to take two weeks at any other time of the year. (though I did sneak one week this past March)

From Marblehead, but sadly live in NYC now!
    Do you know El Prez? 555

Why sadly.....NYC is my favorite place.
    I am there every month.
    There in November then me and my wife back the week before Xmas

Cadet
    Marc,

send me a pm before you get here in November and we can grab a drink...Heading to LOS on 12/18, so I will miss you then.

Marc,

send me a pm before you get here in November and we can grab a drink...Heading to LOS on 12/18, so I will miss you then.
    Ha....we get info town Dec 18

But will do in November although just there for a quick 2 days before heading to Boston for Thanksgiving week

Newby
    Salathai was a favourite of mine too.....stayed there dozens of times, absolutely gutted they have closed! Loved the poolside area and garden etc and the open restaurant/reception area. Such a shame but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess!

I personally wouldn't stay in The Nap....it's just not 'geared' towards girls coming back. Guests and probably even staff won't exactly welcome you with open arms.....it's completely different to Salathai in many respects!

Just my 2 cents!
    Quarky and Stillearly like this.

WTTB Gecko , although looks like you joined a while back

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ could be an Irish golfer type?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Newby
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    WTTB Gecko , although looks like you joined a while back
    Cheers Stillearly......classic lurker's behaviour! 555 I can't seem to access this forum through Tapatalk....anyone else having the same problem?

I'm Honeyseeker over on AI forum by the way!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast