Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Made it to Chiang Mai

Made it to Chiang Mai

Well, it's been a whirlwind ten days...Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, and now I'm exhausted rolling into Chiang Mai. Enjoyed reading what all of you have had to say about CM, so pretty fired up to take it all in.

Booked a tour to Golden Triangle / Chiang Rai for Saturday, but figuring out what to do tomorrow and Sunday. For now, I just need a beer, a shower, and a massage - in any order will do!

Will do a bit of TR later on BKK and SGN, for now just getting my bearings.

Cheers!
    Quarky, PeteGill and OZZYGUY like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    There is a bit of a discussion going on elsewhere about the availability of an afternoon beer.. Let us know how it goes?
    Do a City tour and Sunday market in the evening should keep you occupied. Plus a visit to the DUP, the unofficial TD's meeting place in CM...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    There is a bit of a discussion going on elsewhere about the availability of an afternoon beer.. Let us know how it goes?
    Do a City tour and Sunday market in the evening should keep you occupied. Plus a visit to the DUP, the unofficial TD's meeting place in CM...
    Thanks Pete - much appreciated. Where and when is everyone meeting up?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    If you've never been Van the Royal Flora Gardens are stunning and worth a look around, halfday will do it easy, make sure you see all the different gardens if you go, its only 10min from Central Chiang Mai................................

A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by VanD View Post
    Thanks Pete - much appreciated. Where and when is everyone meeting up?
    Friday evening is always a good time, I am not sure if any travelling BM's are in town now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    If you've never been Van the Royal Flora Gardens are stunning and worth a look around, halfday will do it easy, make sure you see all the different gardens if you go, its only 10min from Central Chiang Mai................................

Oh, wow. That's gorgeous. Yep, will definitely try to add that to my itinerary. I'm a photographer, so this is right up my alley. Thanks!

Don't forget holiday, no booze tomoz, so stock up at home tonight.

Royal Flora between seasons at the moment but still nice. Wat Doi Kham up on hill to west of RF is a good same day visit and vantage point. IMO it rivals Doi Suthep as less touristy.
    VanD likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar

Is it always open? I thought they only opened when they had certain things going on.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ open all the time.
    VanD likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Ha
    My wife just went there yesterday
    VanD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Don't forget holiday, no booze tomoz, so stock up at home tonight.

Royal Flora between seasons at the moment but still nice. Wat Doi Kham up on hill to west of RF is a good same day visit and vantage point. IMO it rivals Doi Suthep as less touristy.
    Thanks for the heads up, Rob! Didn't know about the holiday, so thanks for that.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    FYI......my wife was pretty satisfied with how many flowers there were this time
    She said a lot more than we went before so must be a decent amount
    VanD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    FYI......my wife was pretty satisfied with how many flowers there were this time
    She said a lot more than we went before so must be a decent amount
    They've just finished a lot of new planting of flower beds and no doubt better than mid to end of hot season when visitors suffer as much as the flowers! Not too many trees in flower at this time, autumn leaves are falling. Still, its a good time to visit as vegetation is lush and green.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    I'll probably be at DUP for a while around 7:00PM ish tonight if you're around VanD.

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    I'll probably be at DUP for a while around 7:00PM ish tonight if you're around VanD.
    Thanks, Norabunga. Sorry I got this late! I've had a busy couple days with limited internet access, but I appreciate the invite. Cheers -

Crazy few days. I took a quick trip up to Chiang Rai and the Golden Triangle. Thought the White Palace was absolutely gorgeous, but wow were there a ton of tourists there. Even so, it was worth the trip to see it. Golden Triangle was fascinating - cool to look out over Myanmar and Laos. I would've loved zipping over to Laos but our tour group wasn't able to do so.

I also spent a half day at the Baan Tong Luang hilltribe village here near CM. Interesting for sure, and even if it is artificial I enjoyed my time. Took a Ping River cruise this morning - been a busy few days! Tomorrow back to BKK. Thanks for all your suggestions, guys!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    VD great to hear your having a good trip.

Even better that your taking the time to post and report here in the middle of it...Credit to you
    VanD likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by VanD View Post
    Crazy few days. I took a quick trip up to Chiang Rai and the Golden Triangle. Thought the White Palace was absolutely gorgeous, but wow were there a ton of tourists there. Even so, it was worth the trip to see it. Golden Triangle was fascinating - cool to look out over Myanmar and Laos. I would've loved zipping over to Laos but our tour group wasn't able to do so.

I also spent a half day at the Baan Tong Luang hilltribe village here near CM. Interesting for sure, and even if it is artificial I enjoyed my time. Took a Ping River cruise this morning - been a busy few days! Tomorrow back to BKK. Thanks for all your suggestions, guys!
    Great to hear that you enjoyed your brief visit to the North. Hopefully you will be back and with a bit more time to explore.
    VanD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    VD great to hear your having a good trip.

Even better that your taking the time to post and report here in the middle of it...Credit to you
    Thanks, JC! My pleasure. Wish I had more time here in CM, but I'm thankful for the time I did have. Great spot, and I'll be back for sure.
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Great to hear that you enjoyed your brief visit to the North. Hopefully you will be back and with a bit more time to explore.
    Thanks, Pete. You're right, this area definitely deserves more time. So many things I wanted to get to but just didn't have the time, so I will certainly be back! Cheers -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast