Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By Zablive

Thread: Crack down on overstay

Crack down on overstay

I think many will have seen this coming since before the coup was declared, nevertheless it has begun:

Overstayers face stiff re-entry bans | Bangkok Post: news

Hope this doesn't catch out any BM's

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Old news - it was first published a year ago, notices were put up at Immi offices, expats had to sign forms that they understood the penalties, and nothing happened.
    Now it is being considered again ...

If any long overstayer isn't aware of the need to exit, pay the fine and comeback with a "clean sheet" NOW - he is too dumb to live away from Mommy's basement.
    Last edited by Zablive; 26th October 2015 at 18:33.

Yeah I'm chatting with someone that this was a foregone conclusion when the rumours of the coup became a reality. It was just a matter of time, and the Erawan bombing likely pushed up the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    Yeah I'm chatting with someone that this was a foregone conclusion when the rumours of the coup became a reality. It was just a matter of time, and the Erawan bombing likely pushed up the pace.
    This has nothing to do with the coup and probably less to do with BKK recent bombings. I wonder if you even know who was responsible for the latter and why Thai authority's treated it as non terrorist?

FWIW the overstay crackdown has been on the cards even longer than Zab recalls.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    How could we be so silly...nothing negative could be related to the coup!!! 555
    PeteGill and dave01 like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    This has nothing to do with the coup and probably less to do with BKK recent bombings. I wonder if you even know who was responsible for the latter and why Thai authority's treated it as non terrorist?

FWIW the overstay crackdown has been on the cards even longer than Zab recalls.
    Announced May 2014.
    dave01 likes this.