Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: anyone opend an account from bangkok bank london

Cadet Gold

anyone opend an account from bangkok bank london

I half expected to be told no outright and would need to open the account in Thailand but I got this reply from Bangkok bank to my question Dear Customer,

Regarding your inquiry about open an account at our branch in oversea, please be advise to contact London branch and directly talk to branch manager about your inquiry because opening an account on abroad is under the law of that country.

So clearly they can do this ill find out for definite next time I'm in london
    Last edited by poseidon; 1st December 2015 at 20:29.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    why not open a thai bank account next time you're in LOS. you probably just need to get a tourist visa before you go.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet Gold
    Why waste holiday time bouncing branch to branch If I can open one in London before I go. Also I want the current exchange rate and the added advantage of dealing with the London branch that's half an hour away if there are problems
    Last edited by poseidon; 1st December 2015 at 20:31.
    Stillearly likes this.

i got one at the first branch i went to in patong. one stop for second account too.

anyway,i think a UK bank will carry higher overheads than a LOS one and would be surprised if they give you a similar xrate there to in LOS. let us know how you go.

Cadet Gold
    Will do I only need the account I can do swift transfers for the inter bank rate using my travel cash app so I'm not worried about that

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Thai Bank accounts , transfers .... I take it the next trip will not be the last ... 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    From my experience Thai Banks have some oddball rules. If you want anything done to your account such as a new card, new bankbook etc, you need to go the branch you opened it at. I chose Bangkok Bank Jungceylon, they opened one immediately, but lots of copying, signing, stamping and voila. The reason Jungceylon, they are open 7 days til 8pm.

Pretty good idea of Posidean to go through the London Branch ( if it works ) , I'm sure they would be held to a higher level than any of the Branches in Thailand
    Quarky and poseidon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    From my experience Thai Banks have some oddball rules. If you want anything done to your account such as a new card, new bankbook etc, you need to go the branch you opened it at. I chose Bangkok Bank Jungceylon, they opened one immediately, but lots of copying, signing, stamping and voila. The reason Jungceylon, they are open 7 days til 8pm.
    yeah,where would you go if you had one of those things come up where you have to go to your own branch to sort it out?
    poseidon likes this.

Cadet Gold
    It will be my last trip, I was not going to bother but the greedy criminal scum or as we call them bankers, have been putting the atm fees up slightly I also noticed it can be a bit of a lottery if a overseas card works or not in the atm or restraunt/bar card machine just be easier to have something that works also makes exploring off the beaten path a bit easier to.

If I could afford it id take one of the girls to Latin America best of both worlds
    Last edited by poseidon; 2nd December 2015 at 01:13.

Cadet Gold
    O think so still early seems according to the email they will be held to uk banking rules a good thing in any language

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I would think the branches from different countries are treated completely different so you won't get out of any fees whatsoever

I know that is the case with HSBC and RBC

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    I thought you were saving for a place and going to spend time studying?
    KRIS-ONE likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    ^ that's what I thought. i'm not one to suggest forgoing on holidays and having fun but, and this is coming from someone who was LOS addicted for about 4 years in my early 20s and looking back i admit wasted a good chunk of time focusing on the wrong things and definitely made mistakes that will negatively effect my future, maybe time to focus more on other stuff and sorting out long term shizzle? You talk about future career and house deposit. LOS will always be there (or similar adult playgrounds) but its harder to jump careers and start a fresh when you get into your 30s and ditto getting on the housing ladder.
    poseidon likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    It will be my last trip, I was not going to bother but the greedy criminal scum or as we call them bankers, have been putting the atm fees up slightly I also noticed it can be a bit of a lottery if a overseas card works or not in the atm or restraunt/bar card machine just be easier to have something that works also makes exploring off the beaten path a bit easier to.

If I could afford it id take one of the girls to Latin America best of both worlds
    I dunno bout anyone else but i would never ever use chip and pin in a restaurant or bar card machine. I always use an ATM in an actual bank branch to draw money out. Never had a problem either, I think once my bank put a block as was deemed a suspicious transaction but i quick call to the 24/7 help desk soon resolved that.
    Stillearly likes this.

Cadet Gold
    With the flights paid for and 10 months to build funds I should still be able to go (assuming I get overtime/bank shifts) as for saving for a house ( which is going up for rent) I can put away around 1600 a month with overtime if I stay on the same shift pattern if I change then obviously that kind of goes out the window, and I have applied for the shifts along with a lot of other people there is no guarantee I will get them as there are other people here who are temp or students that want them, if I don't get them that leaves me working every hour god sends almost and doing my plumbing course at the same time as dieting and working on my fitness there will not be much if any going out as I have to knuckle down this year and move on so a break will be needed in that respect before my 2nd year of plumbing, or possibly joining the forces (unless I score high enough for a rapid placement) as I will be very very on edge

All depends I booked the flights before work changed my shifts forcing me to look at things I understand what your saying Kris if I can change my shift or my plans change then I will forget Thailand
    Last edited by poseidon; 2nd December 2015 at 02:57.

Cadet Gold
    right as i thought would be the case im going to say its not possible letters i have written a week ago have been not answered so for the layman on a non city fat cat wage at least im going to say not possible. thank Christ i can put my holiday money into dollars that seem more secure than the pound for this trip. its below 50 baht to the pound at the moment in the exchange booths hopefully revolout hurry up and make Thai baht a holding currency before I go answering my prayers

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    right as i thought would be the case im going to say its not possible letters i have written a week ago have been not answered so for the layman on a non city fat cat wage at least im going to say not possible. thank Christ i can put my holiday money into dollars that seem more secure than the pound for this trip. its below 50 baht to the pound at the moment in the exchange booths hopefully revolout hurry up and make Thai baht a holding currency before I go answering my prayers
    it's 51.82 at the moment.

How are you going to switch to USD , making sure you don't get clobbered on the fx rate ? It's not a bad idea and something I've done in the past , although you need to do a decent amount to really make it worthwhile .. if you switch 10,000 at 1.43 and cable falls to 1.38 ( my prediction for this year ) , you'll only gain around 360 ...is it worth the effort ?

Cadet Gold
    Revolout cash card app lets me move my money into pounds dollars and euros by flicking the screen so no effort at inter bank exchange rates with no fees Google it pritty cool app

Cadet Gold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast