Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Syrians linked to ISIS in Thailand planned to attack Russian interests

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar

Syrians linked to ISIS in Thailand planned to attack Russian interests

from: Syrians linked to ISIS in Thailand planned to attack Russian interests - Breaking News - Jerusalem Post

BANGKOK - Ten Syrians "related to" Islamic State entered Thailand in October to attack Russian interests, Thai police said in a leaked document citing information from the Russian Federal Security Service.

In the document, Special Branch police urged an intensification of security around "target areas that Russian authorities are concerned about" including venues associated with allies that have taken part in attacks on Islamic State in Syria.

Russia began air strikes in Syria on Sept. 30 and has stepped up attacks in recent weeks. An Islamic State affiliate claimed responsibility for downing a Russian airliner over Egypt in October, killing all 224 people on board.

Thailand's Special Branch, which deals with national security issues, circulated the document to other police units, two senior police officers told Reuters.

Marked "Urgent" and dated Nov. 27, the Special Branch police said intelligence from Russia warned that the 10 Syrians entered Thailand between Oct. 15 and Oct. 31. The document was circulating on social media on Thursday.

"The document is real. We received it from Special Branch," said one of the police officers, who handles international crime matters. He declined to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter.

"I have to deal with this issue now," he said. "The original communication was by word of mouth between Russian and Thai police. I don't know how the document leaked."

The Special Branch, which sent the document to investigative divisions within the national police, said four of the suspects traveled to the seaside city of Pattaya, two to the tourist island of Phuket, two to Bangkok and two to an unknown destination.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    So do they know their whereabouts?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ everyone goes to soi 6
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ everyone goes to soi 6
    Well perhaps they will se the light 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    They know all this stuff, the fact that they are terrorists, who they are, where they went, and all we get is a memo.......?

"I have to deal with this issue now," Says it all really.

In my mind I have a picture of Chief Wiggum typing on his invisible typewriter...

Quarky and Tingtong like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    No way would they be stupid enough to try anything in Pattaya , what with all the ex SAS and Special Forces sitting in most beer bars , plus how on earth will they find 72 virgins to accompany them the paradise ......
    Quarky, PeteGill, Bawdy and 1 others like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Makes you wonder... just in time for X-mas and New Year's.... makes you wonder if anything big will go down.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    No way would they be stupid enough to try anything in Pattaya , what with all the ex SAS and Special Forces sitting in most beer bars , plus how on earth will they find 72 virgins to accompany them the paradise ......
    this needs a proper LOL rather than just a like
    supersub and Stillearly like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Sharky and the Bikies will take care of them!!! 555

Was in Pattaya 2 weeks ago, never seen so many police around the joint!
    Stillearly likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    I read this article a few days ago on several news outlets. I have recently tried to see any additional updates regarding this and I find very little. I guess it is just not much of an interest as there are only a few posts on this thread as well.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Makes you wonder... just in time for X-mas and New Year's.... makes you wonder if anything big will go down.
    Hadn't even thought about that. Maybe the would be terrorist were just going for a good time in sin city.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Yeah nothing says party like saying let's all split up an go to each major tourist city.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Hadn't even thought about that. Maybe the would be terrorist were just going for a good time in sin city.
    Alot of these terrorists in the past have had pics surface of them partying in Sin City! 555

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Alot of these terrorists in the past have had pics surface of them partying in Sin City! 555
    ...probably in your TRs... 55

Funny place isn't it... crack SAS soldiers sitting at the same bar as ISIS terrorists... playing connect 4...
    Stillearly likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

^ Israeli soldiers mixing with Muslims from around the world, many that hate them, remember the Iranian terrorist that blew his legs off in BKK?!?!

^ Israeli soldiers mixing with Muslims from around the world, many that hate them, remember the Iranian terrorist that blew his legs off in BKK?!?!
    Good point. Met a few Israelis... one told me off for taking a bar girl home saying they are "dirty". He was there at the same bar every night for two weeks... I never saw him take a woman though... but he flirted a lot... probably went home and ordered room service to include a massage and a bacon baguette.....

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Good point. Met a few Israelis... one told me off for taking a bar girl home saying they are "dirty". He was there at the same bar every night for two weeks... I never saw him take a woman though... but he flirted a lot... probably went home and ordered room service to include a massage and a bacon baguette.....
    You should have told him that the reason you took her 'home' was to convince her about the evil of her ways... That's all Honest 5555

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I have a nasty trick I play on Israeli tourists, if I hear them speaking in Hebrew while I have a massage (which is often where I go), I will start talking to them in their native tongue, when they ask me where I'm from, I saw "Libnan / Lebano n", "Ana ma Hezbollah/I'm with Hezbollah" 555 It's just a joke, but it's no secret Israelis have been seen as targets in Thailand, it's my service announcement to keep them on their toes! 555

I have a nasty trick I play on Israeli tourists, if I hear them speaking in Hebrew while I have a massage (which is often where I go), I will start talking to them in their native tongue, when they ask me where I'm from, I saw "Libnan / Lebano n", "Ana ma Hezbollah/I'm with Hezbollah" 555 It's just a joke, but it's no secret Israelis have been seen as targets in Thailand, it's my service announcement to keep them on their toes! 555
    I'd be worried they might see prevention as the better part of valour... 55
    PeteGill and Changone like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast