Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Ian Forbes
  • 1 Post By Bacon
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By PeteGill
  • 2 Post By Bacon
  • 3 Post By Tingtong

Thread: The Aliens are here now! TERRIBLE TRAGEDY!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

The Aliens are here now! TERRIBLE TRAGEDY!

The Aliens have landed in Chiang Mai and they've sucked up all the tourists and many of the locals into a void. THERE IS VIRTUALLY NOBODY IN TOWN!!!

Obviously, a few have survived because I did see 6 or 7 people in the night market on New Years eve. And, a couple of bars had one or two customers, but most stood empty. The iron bridge at the foot of Loi Kroh had about 10 people when most years it is so crowded you can't get a motorbike across. And, the road across the river is so crowded it is blocked off to vehicle traffic.

The tough Aussies obviously fought off the invaders because Stewart and Noi's Down Under bar had about a dozen people on New Years eve and they hid on the roof to watch the military fire rockets at the invaders. The whole sky was on fire and heavy smoke from all the bombing hung like a shroud over us.

The Aliens likely attacked the Promenada Mall first about two days before Christmas, and sucked up all the shoppers. A couple survived by hiding behind counters or escaping up escalators, but that is all. You could have sprayed the mall with machinegun fire at mid-day and not hit anyone.

Photo proof...

Quarky, Hatari and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Not good !...............

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Looking at those pics it just reminds me how third world Thailand is.5555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    All the Christians were hiding.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Sounds like heaven to me. I had to travel into the heart of the desert to get away from people. And even when I got there, there were still hundreds of the feckers taking pictures and sh*tting on everything.
    PeteGill likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Sounds like heaven to me. I had to travel into the heart of the desert to get away from people. And even when I got there, there were still hundreds of the feckers taking pictures and sh*tting on everything.
    I have learned from my TW ... Responsibility in a different form and a critical need to have fun within that responsibility.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

I think it is a combination of a lot of things. The economy sucks after the present dictator took over, and the world economy isn't doing too well either.

The local population in Chiang Mai seems to have taken a holiday outside the city and many businesses are closed. When I was riding back from my border visa run to Burma the highways were full of cars leaving the city. Riding around town this morning the normally busy roads seemed devoid of traffic. And, unlike North America, Christmas really isn't that big of a celibration in Thailand. New Years is, though, but from my observation there were far fewer tourists in town this year.

The Promenada mall is an entirely different story. It was built on the outskirts of town and well away from all the other shopping areas. It was very well designed and built, but the rents are far higher and consequently the price of things are more expensive. At least 3 Thais with businesses have told me this. Thais are VERY conscious of prices and they comparison shop a lot. The mall was more designed for the wealthy people in Thai society, of which there are far fewer in Thailand, when in comparison to anywhere in North America. It is similar to what out present leader in BC, Canada has been trying to do... get rid of the middle class (you know, the ones who pay all the bills) and put all the wealth in the hands of the few at the top.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    promenada is a ghost town,only busy shop is the immigration office downstairs.
    seems like a long way between shops/a lot of walking which isn't thais most fav thing 55

gotta fall over sooner or later.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 2nd January 2016 at 22:49.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Just wait for Chinese New Year.... The Aliens will bring them back again 555

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Just wait for Chinese New Year.... The Aliens will bring them back again 555
    Most likely, but I'll check for vacant stares in their eyes... a sure sign someone has been messing with their brain.

Or, more possibly, some strange concoction made from alcohol

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    I should think that the selfie sticks are a sure give away that the Aliens have messed with them 555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    I should think that the selfie sticks are a sure give away that the Aliens have messed with them 555
    Wash your hands if you touch any of those alien devices. They didn't start off as selfie sticks.
    PeteGill and Ian Forbes like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Looking at those pics it just reminds me how third world Thailand is.5555555
    And the pics only tell half the story though... I think it's only when you are there you fully realise... but then that's part of the appeal to me... that developing world feel... I get the same feeling in NZ to a degree... and I quite like it...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Aliens have been getting a bad wrap for years over their abductions and alleged anal probing. They Should use a similar ploy that the Japanese Whalers use, and claim its for "Medical Research" for the betterment of our species.
    The Japanese think by writing "research vessel" on the side of their ships that it somehow makes it OK , so maybe the Aliens could do he same. 5555
    So the Moral of the story is, if a Alien Space ship ever lands in you backyard with "research vessel" on the the side of it, run like hell. Your arse is in danger 5555

The Aliens must have released some of their "research subjects" because the Chiang Mai streets were full of traffic this morning when I took Jum back to her apartment at 8AM. 555