Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: another tourists dies on koh tao

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar

another tourists dies on koh tao

sky news are reporting another death on the island..not sure if foul play is suspected

Briton Dies 'Living The Dream' In Thailand

Can we believe any statement from the Thai police?

Anyway, here's their version from Khaosod News

KOH TAO — A 26-year-old British man was found dead early this morning in a hotel swimming pool on Tao island, police say.

According to Police Lt Col Napha Senathip, an investigative officer at Koh Tao Police Station, the Briton died after taking a plunge into the swimming pool. Police believe murder was not involved, Napha said.

“He must have climbed to the roof of a [nearby] DJ booth, jumped off, and his head hit the swimming pool floor, killing him,” Napha said. He identified the deceased as a 26-year-old tourist from the United Kingdom.

Police also found small wounds on his face that they believe were caused by barbed wire around the DJ booth as he climbed to the roof, he said.

CCTV footage seen by police suggests that he may have been "heavily drunk" in moments prior to his death, according to Napha.
    http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail...sid=1452340518

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post

Briton Dies in Hotel Pool on Koh Tao; Police Rule Out Murder
    seems self inflicted then....bit worrying that he was only found the next morning...unlikely that he would have attempted the plunge on his own imo

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post

Briton Dies in Hotel Pool on Koh Tao; Police Rule Out Murder
    First and foremost, RIP and condolences to family and friends of the deceased.

Can we believe the police report? Well I suppose that depends on what exactly was to be seen in the CCTV footage.

It does seem to be big on supposition and short on fact.

Maybe he was walking down the street and was attacked by a random bear, suffering "Small wounds on his face".
    Seeing his distress (And intoxicated state) unknown assailants then hit him on the head in order to steal his possessions.
    The unknown assailants then sought to cover their tracks by pushing his body into the pool, where they felt sure the police would rule it a "Death by misadventure", the Police being relied upon to easily make up some kind of theory to fit the gaps in the story and provide a believable outcome.

On the other hand, if the CCTV shows him drunk, and climbing a structure near the pool, then falling in, hitting his head and drowning, I'd say that's an "Open and shut case".

Tingtong likes this.

That 'cctv footage' either they have it or they don't. As you say, lots of guesswork here, he was alone and not found till morning, hotel and no one noticed the corpse in the pool?
    Could have died elsewhere, dumped in the pool ... or of course, totally off his face, it happens

Then, there's this, from Teakdoor forum where life is harsh, and no room for sympathy
    He does have a way with words...

Originally Posted by Seekingasylum

From the various Facebook comments disclosed in other reports it seems this Miller was simply just another self indulgent, immature, British idiot whose idea of "living the dream" was to consume as many drinks and God knows what else in as short a time as possible on a scruffy tropical island where he and his "mates" would find similar company.

Drunkenness is the hallmark of British post adolescents everywhere and the weekly mayhem that is perpetrated by them in most towns and cities in the UK is inflicted on countless resorts throughout Europe. The true tragedy of all this is the ghastly reality that in the past twenty years this dreary, lumpen demographic has found its way to Thailand.

The chap was 26 years old yet behaved as if he was 16.

Sum num na.

There is a pitiful postscript to this miserable wretch's life in that in order to have his body returned to the UK it was necessary for the family to beg for the necessary funds on the internet.

God how I despise them, not for their lumpen stupidity, not for their wasteful, pointless pseudo hedonism, not for their useless, miserable vacuity but for the inescapable fact they invariably have no shame.

Lying dead in a puddle of blood and puke in some deadbeat, third-world slum resort sure is "living the dream".
    Last edited by Hatari; 10th January 2016 at 18:59. Reason: fixed quote

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    The sister of the deceased was on Thai Visa yesterday and was adamant that 1) he didn't die how the police say he did and 2) the police are holding back something.

Anyway I guess after the last 2 to die there the police will make sure they have a better story this time ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Full moon party? Living the dream? Yolo?

Seems to me like he got drunk and out of control and accidentally killed himself. Happens all the time. Sad, but I don't see any reason for the tin foil hats here.
    Gazmac likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    ^^^^^ Agrees with Bacon . What's wrong with it happened as they said it did ? Do we always have to try to read a conspiracy into any story coming from Thailand.
    Tingtong likes this.
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    ^Whatever we might talk about here sure beats the comment from the "Other TD" which is simply a sad reflection of the author's own pathetic shortcomings projected onto a complete stranger.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    ^^^^^ Luckily he was not Muslim then 555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    ^Whatever we might talk about here sure beats the comment from the "Other TD" which is simply a sad reflection of the author's own pathetic shortcomings projected onto a complete stranger.
    The chap was 26 years old yet behaved as if he was 16.

(Sorry...rant time)

Yeah, so what is so wrong with that?

News Flash ...the times they are a changin

My grandfather was working full-time in hard manual labor from his early teens.... as was many of his generation ...

My father was into military service and fighting in a World War from his late teens ... as was many of his generation ...

I was long out of home and into my working life from 20 ... as was many of my generation ....

This generation gets to stay a kid longer and gets to go places and do things that earlier generations couldn't ... (and they still have plenty of time to "grow up" into a bitter angry old fart with a poison pen keyboard)

.... just a damn shame his drunken skylarking got him killed ... RIP
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    This generation gets to stay a kid longer and gets to go places and do things that earlier generations couldn't ... (and they still have plenty of time to "grow up" into a bitter angry old fart with a poison pen keyboard)
    This seems to be a common grievance of sorts from the older generations. But surely if people are living better and easier and have more leisure time and money to travel and be stupid with, then we've definitely headed in the right direction. That's a very good thing. The old farts should be giving themselves a pat on the back. It's a bitch that a whole other ungrateful group of people get to enjoy it though, I give em that. That must be painful to watch. 555
    Quarky and Minder like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    This seems to be a common grievance of sorts from the older generations. But surely if people are living better and easier and have more leisure time and money to travel and be stupid with, then we've definitely headed in the right direction. That's a very good thing. The old farts should be giving themselves a pat on the back. It's a bitch that a whole other ungrateful group of people get to enjoy it though, I give em that. That must be painful to watch. 555
    every generation should have it better than there parents...and i think that us so called oldies have forgotten than we were also young and stupid once....we all have had lots of close shaves....

and in my case now old and stupid55555555
    Stillearly likes this.

But in reality the baby boomers had it better than anyone. They grazed and grazed during the good times and left piles of stinking debt for the next 20 generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    But in reality the baby boomers had it better than anyone. They grazed and grazed during the good times and left piles of stinking debt for the next 20 generations.
    well i think i did okay compared to my parents...not that they did badly at all..both born in the depression....life is what you make of it no matter when you were born..its up to you 555555

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    life is what you make of it no matter when you were born..its up to you 555555
    Sure is. People these days spend so much money on utter crap it's not funny. I sat through a funny convo with a mate of mine and his girlfriend, who had dragged his miserable arse through a couple's photo shoot that cost him a whopping 800 bucks(just blows your mind). I just sat there with a stupid grin on my face, sipping my beer, thinking how I spent half that price on a return ticket to Bangkok. For others it's impulsive everyday stuff that adds up. Or everyone has to have a big screen TV these days, or a 4x4 and a boat. The latest phone and whatever else, so the next time they go out sniffing eachother's asses they can measure up.

The older generations experienced one thing that my generation didn't. Suffering. A very crucial element in human development. People who haven't properly suffered a day in their lives are absolute c*nts in the first degree. Comfortable people are fucked up people. They have no empathy, no understanding of the human condition or what reality is actually like.

Sorry for the injection of heavy pessimism, but I sure fucking hope we experience some sort of global collapse. It'll be a blessing in disguise. Believe me. A lot of short time suffering and great loss of life, but it'll be a big step forward in human spiritual development.
    Quarky likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    To many spending lots of money to go nuts in Thailand for the nth time is pretty wasteful as well.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    And that's BS too re being comfortable you can't feel empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    To many spending lots of money to go nuts in Thailand for the nth time is pretty wasteful as well.

True lol.

You just exposed my own hypocrisy to me. Thank! Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    And that's BS too re being comfortable you can't feel empathy.

Yeah, as long as you don't have to do much. A donation to charity here and there to alleviate the guilt.

Take environmental issues for instance. So many people are on the bandwagon, but so few want to give up their cars. Comfortable people might feel empathy, but what you call empathy is a mere afterthought, watered down by the occasional ooing and aahhing over calendar events that amounts to nothing but wank.
    Moo Uaon likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast