Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Changing money in BKK

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Changing money in BKK

I always use SuperRich (orange colour booths) when changing money in Bangkok, including getting other currencies needed for other trips (e.g. USD, Indonesian Rupiah).

I go to the Silom branch for the latter, and just noticed the fine print on their website...0.2 baht better rate on AUD yesterday when going to head office or Silom branch. 25.2 compared with interbank rate of 25.3....25 at sub-branches. Thus, cost of 0.4%, which is as cheap as I have seen it. The 25 (1.2% cost) is still a very good rate, but worth the effort of going to Silom when changing large amounts regularly.

Silom branch is between Sala Daeng and Chong Nonsi BTS, near the corner where the BTS heads left to Chong Nonsi.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Nomad;270190]I always use SuperRich (orange colour booths) when changing money in Bangkok, including getting other currencies needed for other trips (e.g. USD, Indonesian Rupiah).

I go to the Silom branch for the latter, and just noticed the fine print on their website...0.2 baht better rate on AUD yesterday when going to head office or Silom branch. 25.2 compared with interbank rate of 25.3....25 at sub-branches. Thus, cost of 0.4%, which is as cheap as I have seen it. The 25 (1.2% cost) is still a very good rate, but worth the effort of going to Silom when changing large amounts regularly.

Silom branch is between Sala Daeng and Chong Nonsi BTS, near the corner where the BTS heads left

Dao will be in Silom / bang rak from the 2nd for two days and happy to engage banks with you...... She said why not the green "k" bank tell you already???????????????????? should I be worried? Top negotiator buy her and her condo gang lunch.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Dao will be in Silom / bang rak from the 2nd for two days and happy to engage banks with you...... She said why not the green "k" bank tell you already???????????????????? should I be worried? Top negotiator buy her and her condo gang lunch.
    Sorry, immigration says 30 days! I will be safely back in Melbourne then.

K bank 24.57
    SuperRich 25.10

Currency Exchange Rate - KASIKORNBANK

Super Rich International Exchange(1965) - ??????????? ???????????????????????????
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Ha! Tell Dao even Bangkok Bank is better on AUD than KBank 555!