The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: The importance of Travel Insurance ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Ian will live till well over a hundred....

And Ian sounds like my dad 20 years ago... he saw someone with dementia back then and said to me and my brother... "if I ever end up like that... just shoot me..."

He doesn't see the funny side when I remind him now... 55

Ian... insurance can be quite cheap...
    I know all about insurance, DP. My father was an insurance salesman and had his own company for 55 years. 555
    Distantpeak likes this.

Liberal Conservative Distantpeak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I know all about insurance, DP. My father was an insurance salesman and had his own company for 55 years. 555
    So what's the problem? ..55
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Immortality to follow within 5 years...

So what's the problem? ..55
    No problem. I just don't give a fuck. Do guys who race motorbikes in the Isle of Man TT worry what is going to happen to them? I kind of believe in Karma. I should have been dead or permanently maimed a long time ago: falling off motorbikes, going over waterfalls, drowning while wading rivers, falling off cliffs, shot by Thai police, stabbed by a Filipino, spending 3 months in a hospital burn ward, etc, etc. They are all things that happened to me and I'm still here. I'll probably croak doing something simple.
    Bacon, OZZYGUY and Cobba like this.

No problem. I just don't give a fuck. Do guys who race motorbikes in the Isle of Man TT worry what is going to happen to them? I kind of believe in Karma. I should have been dead or permanently maimed a long time ago: falling off motorbikes, going over waterfalls, drowning while wading rivers, falling off cliffs, shot by Thai police, stabbed by a Filipino, spending 3 months in a hospital burn ward, etc, etc. They are all things that happened to me and I'm still here. I'll probably croak doing something simple.
    Well I'd leave the rats where they are then... karma...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    The problem is you don't give a fxuk

But maybe your friends do
    And they will do what always happens in Thailand, go around asking for a collection because some expat didn't want to hack it in the real world and work
    But then has his hand out

Obviously that doesn't apply to you, I know that

But maybe your friends do that for you when it all could be avoided for a small sum to pay for 6months when you are in Thailand
    Cobba likes this.

Ian... insurance can be quite cheap...
    Yes agree but, unlike some of you guys that stay/live over there for long durations each year, i have no idea on policy costs for this.

My stays are 2 weeks max and i think from memory around $150.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post
    Yes agree but, unlike some of you guys that stay/live over there for long durations each year, i have no idea on policy costs for this.

When I stayed there for 3 months once... and in the same year did another 3 week trip... I had an annual policy that covered multi trips up to 90 days... was around 75 from memory. Can't remember if Aviva on that occasion or not. But loads to choose from.
    Cobba likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post

Cobb you want to have a look at the multi trip policys, they are not much more than that. Even if you did two trips you will be infront.

I just had a look on Compare the market website $212 for a single male 50 years old.

https://www.comparethemarket.com.au/...633.1525661771
    Cobba likes this.

My point as always is don't follow me as an example. If I break any laws they are only ones that put my own life in danger... speeding on a motorbike for example.

I'm a total anarchist, but only for me personally. I know that anarchy does not work for the general public. The world needs rules and laws to exist in harmony.

I don't lie, cheat, steal, or put anyone else's life in danger (unless they had it coming). I made that vow when I was 18 years old and given a second chance at being good, and I've kept my word. I have never knowingly gone after another man's woman, whether they are married or not, but I have been given many opportunities to do so in the past.

It is only personal self respect that has kept me honest. Lose that and you lose everything.

I don't suggest anyone follow my life style. I just tell what works for me.
    OZZYGUY and Cobba like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567