Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fish

Thread: Bangkok bank update

Cadet Gold

Bangkok bank update

so an update copy of the email i got bank from Bangkok bank london.

Thank you for your interest in opening an account with Bangkok Bank. To operate the account in Thailand you are required to open the account in Thailand. The advantage is you will be provided with an atm card which will enable you to make withdrawals and purchases.

Kindly provide the branch in Thailand with your passport, proof of address and a letter of recommendation from your current bankers.

Once the account is active, you can transfer funds from you UK bank account cheaply and easily. Please details as follows:

FUNDS TRANSFER

We can send your funds from the UK to any account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand. You can instruct your bank (or use your internet banking) to transfer the funds to us (via the UK BACS / Faster Payment system) for onward transmission to the account in Thailand. Funds will be credited to the account in Thailand next working day after we receive them in London. Currently, we charge GBP15.00 for this service which we will deduct from the proceeds before remitting to an account in Thailand. We will convert the funds to THB in the UK at our very competitive exchange rate before transferring. If you would prefer, we can remit the funds in GBP so that the conversion is done in Thailand, but for this we charge GBP20.00 and there will be an additional charge in Thailand of up to THB500.

You will need to give your bank the following details:

1) To transfer funds via BACS/Faster Payment to Thailand in THB at a charge of GBP15.00 where we convert in London at our exchange rate:

Sort Code: 60 93 98

Account Number: 92 00 10 00

Credit: [Name & last name of the person receiving the funds in Thailand] (example: John Smith)

Reference: [The 10-digit Bangkok Bank account number in Thailand] BKKBTHBK (example: 1234567890BKKBTHBK)

2) To transfer funds to Thailand in GBP at a charge of GBP20.00 plus 0.25 % of the amount in the Thai Baht currency (minimum of THB 200, maximum of THB 500 ). This will be converted in Thailand at the TT rate:

`

Sort Code: 60 93 98

Account Number: 92 00 20 00

Credit: [Name & last name of the person receiving the funds in Thailand] (example: John Smith)

Reference: [The 10-digit Bangkok Bank account number in Thailand] BKKBTHBK (example: 1234567890BKKBTHBK)

There is a difference in the account number. The TT rate is only available in Thailand. On larger amounts the customer is usually financially better off by sending in GBP.

Details can also be found on our website BANGKOKBANK.COM

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of further assistance

Regards

Karen Thorpe

Operations Officer

Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited

Exchequer Court

33 St. Mary Axe

London EC3A 8BY

Cadet Gold
    those fees sound extortion cheaper to use a online transfer service

Cadet
    Cheaper to use your current ATM card !!
    poseidon likes this.

I'll mention this again
    I use citibank..I opened a savings account in Oz..no fees even, if balance zero,with that account. I am given an atm card for no charge which is also a visa debit card and an online account for online transactions. I am not sure if the same deal applies at citibank in other countries but I suspect it would be.

Just before I travel from Oz to Thailand, I deposit AUD into the account.

When I get to Thailand, I go to a citbank atm in bkk (only three in bangkok..citibank HQ at asok intersection, at 4th fl centralworld at rajprasong branch and at silom road branch.) and withdraw maximum daily amount ( set online by me in Oz ). There is no fee charged. The exchange rate is exactly the same as official worldwide cross rate..ie the best you can get .

I then deposit it at any bkk branch of bkk bank..my account is at a bkk branch so i am charged no deposit fee ( there a fee of about 20-50 baht if account is at a provincial branch and you are depositing money outside of that province).

When in Thailand if I ever want to know the rate I will get for my AUD when withdrawing money at a citibank atm I talk into google search 'exchange rate Australian dollar ' and I am told that day's official cross rate which is exactly what I will get at the citibank atm.

I then use my bkk bank atm card anywhere in bkk to withdraw money from bkk bank atm for no fee. There is a fee when withdrawing at other province branches of about 20-50 baht depending on how much you withdraw.

bkk bank charge a fee for having the account stay open which is about 50 baht per month, iirc, so I need to keep enough in the bkk bank account to cover the times when i am not in thailand otherwise the account will be closed by the bank when it gets to zero balance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    When I get to Thailand, I go to a citbank atm in bkk (only three in bangkok..citibank HQ at asok intersection, at 4th fl centralworld at rajprasong branch and at silom road branch.) and withdraw maximum daily amount ( set online by me in Oz ). There is no fee charged. The exchange rate is exactly the same as official worldwide cross rate..ie the best you can get .
    At the minute, the inter-bank rate is 25.538 (approximates the best you can get), whereas Citi website is 25.005, thus a 2% fee embedded in the rate. SuperRich head office (which is available to the punter) is 25.25 and at the booths 25.1.

Citibank Australia

Super Rich International Exchange(1965) - ??????????? ???????????????????????????
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

interesting..That wasn't my experience all through december 2015 -january 2016..I used to walk past rich at asok bts station every time I withdrew money from citibank hq atm on asok in tersection. i used to keep each atm transaction receipt and calculate the exchange rate between AUD amount deducted citibank was either the same or up to 0.2 baht better than super rich. and besides ..you need foreign banknotes to get baht out of super rich.

what website are you referring to.

X|0|0
    0|X|0

I see that citibank Australia exchange rate page now and see that it is 25.1.

all I know is I would get the same rate at citibank in bkk as was bring displayed on

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/...rom=AUD&To=THB

at the moment I am in australua but I am very confident that if went to the atm on adok in bkk right now I would get the 25.6 rate currently shown on xe.com.

X|0|0
    0|X|0

Thai currency
    According to Richard Barrow, commemorative 500b notes issued next week, 11th, for Queen's birthday

Thai currency

New 500 and 1,000 baht banknotes in circulation from July 28

New 500 and 1,000 baht banknotes in circulation from July 28 - Thai PBS English News