Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes

Thread: Pattaya Picture Thread

Pattaya Picture Thread

What part of pattaya should I get a apartment in thats near the beach? I am afraid to move to pattaya because I will lose that 'small beach town' feeling I just love with patong...I know no matter what it will feel less exotic and isolated as patong is but what do you guys think? Does that lack of exoticness or 'lost' feeling happen or is it just the same? I think being as close to beach as possible would preserve it a bit

Anyway let me know which place you think is best there to look

Every picture on here you wouldnt notice the difference...except the blue sky pic #3...thats kinda a turn off to me but does it really matter?

I guess I should just fuckin try it and see how it goes...

Oh one last question...everyone always says its a plus to be close to the city...how far is the city from pattaya...can I drive a motorbike there if I really wanted to or is it just highway? Whats the cheapest way a bus I guess? If you have lived in pattaya has anyone ACTUALLY gone back and forth to the city often and why? to visit a relationship on the side or?
    Last edited by supmate; 27th February 2016 at 23:59.
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    How long are you moving there for ? If it's somewhere you haven't been before , I would book a hotel for a week or two and get to know the place.

Central and View Talay six would be one of the more expensive areas , Jomtiem is a nicer beach area , Pratamack hill is probably good , close enough to the action and accessible by baht bus , lots of long stayers seem to stay around Soi Buakhao area probably the cheapest area , but as I said spend some time there first

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    How long are you moving there for ? If it's somewhere you haven't been before , I would book a hotel for a week or two and get to know the place.

Central and View Talay six would be one of the more expensive areas , Jomtiem is a nicer beach area , Pratamack hill is probably good , close enough to the action and accessible by baht bus , lots of long stayers seem to stay around Soi Buakhao area probably the cheapest area , but as I said spend some time there first
    Well what I'd pay for a hotel for 2 weeks 40$x14 = 20,000 baht...which could equal 3 months of a cheap apartment so I never ever stay at Hotels for this exact reason haha

Thank you so much youtubing Soi Buakhao now, will either be near beach rd, Soi Buakhao, or the Hill...whats nice about staying on the hill?

I will have a motorbike as always...no other choice but motorbike for me...the risk is worth the freedom and fun

Looks a bit busy for me...well...I like the busy vibe but like a quiet place right around the corner from it im weird...

I am looking for a medium sized apartment thats on the first or second floor that I can freely blast music as loud as I want lol

You've been to Pattaya before haven't you? Don't you remember any areas you liked?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    You've been to Pattaya before haven't you? Don't you remember any areas you liked?
    1 night and 2 days......4 years ago

I never seem to make it back :/

But I am kinda happy I still feel like Ive never really been there been there so it will have pure novelty value to it and I think you all know how priceless that can be lol

You could spend a month here while you look around... low season 20,000 baht for the month... and only 2 mins walk from LK Metro.... but this place is in a quiet spot...

Monthly Rates

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    You could spend a month here while you look around... low season 20,000 baht for the month... and only 2 mins walk from LK Metro.... but this place is in a quiet spot...

Monthly Rates
    I would never pay more then 10,000 per month to stay at a room...I hear about how people find so many places 4000-6000 per month especially if you have a girl walking around with you on foot. I LOVED my apartments I would stay at for 6,000 or 7,000 in patong...so moving to pattaya I would as everyone says expect to pay heaps less for the same

Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    I would never pay more then 10,000 per month to stay at a room...I hear about how people find so many places 4000-6000 per month especially if you have a girl walking around with you on foot. I LOVED my apartments I would stay at for 6,000 or 7,000 in patong...so moving to pattaya I would as everyone says expect to pay heaps less for the same
    Yeah.. I think best to look around on foot. I did the same in Bangkok...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    pratumnak hill is far enough away from the action that it can be quiet but close enough to it when you want to get out and about.
    being higher it's probably a little cooler than down near sea level but not by much.
    Quarky likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Rent a scooter for 200 baht a day. You get to see a lot more in a shorter time, and get a better feel for the different areas. I've always paid about 400 baht a night in a reasonable hotel up on 3rd.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Suderat house on the Soi that runs off the main Rd between jonti and Patts 711 on corner always a good bunch living there and a decent bar a good pool. All for 6 or 7 k a month.

On bt bus route quiet but good food close well everything close.
    Directly across the road is a fitness park and walking and running tracks around big Buddha.

Back streets get you through to Soi 13 good bars and food plus avoid road blocks in the high season.

Easy run up to big C and night market etc A good spot.
    Last edited by wabbits; 1st March 2016 at 21:47.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Start looking 3rd or 4th road back from the beach. Gets cheaper as you go out.
    Won't bother you if you have a scooter I guess.
    IMO far end of Buakow is cheap, but really downmarket.

Could have a look around this website, get a feel for whats available from 7,500THB a month.

Condos rent Pattaya Jomtien. Property rental in Jomtien and Pattaya Thailand

Some good suggestions here. I've always preferred being a bit further away from the "action" but do want my own transportation. Lots to see and do away from the downtown scene.

Pattaya Picture Thread

Some nice tourist pics in news today

Battered and bloodied Paul Hagan was dumped in the back of a pick-up truck in handcuffs in huge distress after his motorbike slewed into a noodle stand, leaving him seriously injured.

It is believed the 24-year-old Scot had been visiting his brother, boxer Thomas Hagan, who allegedly fled to the southeast Asian country after a 500,000 heroin bust in his home town.

Source

Another winner. Want to lay some bets that drugs or alcohol was involved?

No wonder the good General wants to get rid of a certain group of tourists.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Another winner
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

About his brother

He broke cover after fleeing Glasgow following a police raid which netted 2kg of heroin worth 500,000. A source said: “He got out of the country in the build-up to his trial and is now living in Pattaya. But he still has close links here and keeps in touch through social media. His pals have even been over from Scotland to visit him.

“He has built a life over there — and by the looks of it he doesn’t think he’ll be brought back to face the music.”

A warrant was issued for Hagan, 31, from Easterhouse, Glasgow, in 2014 when he failed to turn up at the High Court in the city to face claims he was concerned in the supply of the Class A drug. But instead of keeping a low profile, Hagan — known as Bam Bam — posts social media pictures of himself sunbathing and living it up in bars in the popular resort.Hagan was charged with heroin dealing and possession of speed and cannabis.

But in June 2014 a warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to turn up at court. The Crown Office deserted the case against him the following month.

He has never been tracked down — but prosecutors insist they could still bring a case against him, and the Thai government has an extradition agreement with the UK. A Police Scotland spokeswoman said last night: “As proceedings are live it would be inappropriate to comment.”
    Last edited by Hatari; 2nd March 2016 at 17:36.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    He's going to be pretty pissed at his brother if the heat caused by his crash finally gets the UK cops to issue an international warrant for his arrest.