• 1 Post By Hatari
  • 3 Post By Cuzzy
  • 3 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By Changone
  • 2 Post By Gazmac
  • 1 Post By Gazmac

Thread: Yes Yes! Only 5 days

Yes Yes! Only 5 days

Only 5 days and i go a short 10 days trip to Thailand. This time i fly with Thai Airways. This is my first flight ever with TA. They where the cheapest airline this time $1070. Considered that it is easter i think it is a good price. On top of that it is a direct flight.
    Copenhagen - Bangkok 11 Hours. So maybe consider try stop smoking 555
    Gazmac, Changone, obes and 1 others like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Enjoy your trip.
    weitling likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    I always had good experience with Thai airways. Makes so much difference having direct too.
    weitling likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    I always had good experience with Thai airways. Makes so much difference having direct too.
    Normally i have a stop in Dubai for 3 to 4 hours, so, yes i belive direct flight will be good

Hope so... I have flown British Airways direct.... but much prefer Emirates... even with the 2 hour stopover... 55
    weitling likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Yes Yes! Only 5 days
    Me as well. Fly back 'home' on Thursday. Arrive Bangkok 7.30pm, firstly stay with friends who moved into their first/new home late January, BangNa not too far from airport, then Chanthaburi on Saturday. I like being able to travel lite, carry-on only and well under the 7kg limit
    weitling likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    I'm jealous 555. I want to go back every day.

$1070... is that $US return ??

Best I can do is $1680NZ on Thai.

Have a great trip. What aircraft they use on that route?
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    I'm jealous 555. I want to go back every day.

$1070... is that $US return ??

Best I can do is $1680NZ on Thai.

Have a great trip. What aircraft they use on that route?
    Thank you. Yes it is US$. The cheapest period is October then i get tickets at Emirates for USD 865 from Hamburg - Dubai - Bangkok and back of course. It is the Boeing 777-300.
    1680 NZ is that Low season ticket price?

Thai Air I think the most expensive from NZ
    Cheapest I've had was last August NZ$589 for return flights on Jetstar/LAN Bangkok Melbourne Auckland
    November with Malaysia Air NZ $1010 return, Bangkok KL Auckland. I like the MA timetable from Auckland leaves 1am arrive 10am Thai time, plenty of time to get home by mid-afternoon
    Currently working in Wellington which limits travel options unless fly to Auckland first, just requires a little more planning
    Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by weitling View Post
    Thank you. Yes it is US$. The cheapest period is October then i get tickets at Emirates for USD 865 from Hamburg - Dubai - Bangkok and back of course. It is the Boeing 777-300.
    1680 NZ is that Low season ticket price?
    That is for September. Thai is the only carrier flying direct into BKK so they have the market and charge appropriately. Anything approaching Christmas time, November through February can be as high as NZ$2k or more.

B777-300... flash ride bro. We get a B777-200. I most of the time request seat 61A or B or 61K or J. They are right at the back, last row. The configuration is 2 - 3 - 2 not
    3 - 3 - 3 like the rest of cattle class. Often if I book far enough ahead the adjacent seat remains empty depending on loading of course.

Last time I went over, January, I had a young Thai lass sit next to me. Wasn't a problem though as her English was great and she was verrrry attractive. She fell asleep with her head on my shoulder, which I quite happily accomodated due to the fact that she was wearing a low cut shirt and I noticed the way her boobs jiggled pleasantly like a couple of blancmanges as we encountered some mild turbulence. That made the pain of a $2k airfare almost bearable 555

I might do Malaysia outbound to BKK next time. Au refuses to travel on them due to some predjudice or another ??? Their fares are cheaper and as Hatari says arrival is at a decent time of the day. Thai gets in around 2230 which means the bar pickings are slim by the time I get cleaned up and out the hotel door 555.
    Last edited by Cuzzy; 12th March 2016 at 05:37.
    Changone, Hatari and weitling like this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    Me as well. Fly back 'home' on Thursday. Arrive Bangkok 7.30pm, firstly stay with friends who moved into their first/new home late January, BangNa not too far from airport, then Chanthaburi on Saturday. I like being able to travel lite, carry-on only and well under the 7kg limit

Must be peak hour. I'm due to land at 7.50pm, via Jetstar, and CJ is on Brunei landing at 8pm.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

I am dreading this flight. 2 recent surgeries, last stitches removed yesterday afternoon - just below ribs - and Dr recommended cancelling, however I have limited time frames so fly I must, hoping I improve over next few days

Recline, sedate, sleep - I hope

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    I am dreading this flight. 2 recent surgeries, last stitches removed yesterday afternoon - just below ribs - and Dr recommended cancelling, however I have limited time frames so fly I must, hoping I improve over next few days

Recline, sedate, sleep - I hope
    So you are officially post-op!!! There are plenty around Sukhumvit who you could compare stories with. 555

Safe travels guys (and Hatari).
    Quarky, Changone and Hatari like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Hey, laughing hurts!

I said just below the ribs, not that far down!

But yes, that may qualify me as post-op for a while

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Must be peak hour. I'm due to land at 7.50pm, via Jetstar, and CJ is on Brunei landing at 8pm.
    Me on the 2nd April, the place will be full 55

Have a great trip everyone

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post

Last time I went over, January, I had a young Thai lass sit next to me. Wasn't a problem though as her English was great and she was verrrry attractive. She fell asleep with her head on my shoulder, which I quite happily accomodated due to the fact that she was wearing a low cut shirt and I noticed the way her boobs jiggled pleasantly like a couple of blancmanges as we encountered some mild turbulence. That made the pain of a $2k airfare almost bearable 555
    ...So the stewardess came along and said "What would you like to drink?".
    And I said "I'll have a woodie thanks" and she said "Looks like you've already got one sir...!"...555

Last edited by Changone; 12th March 2016 at 11:57.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    My wife and i are Flying Thai In April. Perth to Phuket via Bangkok, then Phuket to Bangkok , Bangkok to Perth for a cost of $853.00 per person ! Bargain when consider Perth to Bangkok and return are direct flights !
    If you don't know, there is a permanent special called fly with a friend that is around $750.00 as against the normal $1050.00 for a single. Great if there are 2 of you going !
    Obviously this Perth to BKK prices . But it apply from wherever you are ! Takes a little searching on their site , but its there buried deep ! 555
    OZZYGUY and Cuzzy like this.
    !qq!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    My wife and i are Flying Thai In April. Perth to Phuket via Bangkok, then Phuket to Bangkok , Bangkok to Perth for a cost of $853.00 per person ! Bargain when consider Perth to Bangkok and return are direct flights !
    If you don't know, there is a permanent special called fly with a friend that is around $750.00 as against the normal $1050.00 for a single. Great if there are 2 of you going !
    Obviously this Perth to BKK prices . But it apply from wherever you are ! Takes a little searching on their site , but its there buried deep ! 555
    Ahhhh good information. I will lok for this when bringing the girls back... see if it's available for NZ

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I just did a search for it on theier site . It's called Compaion fares . Type it into the search function !
    Cuzzy likes this.
    !qq!