Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Drought..

Shared water source, this privately owned lake at Nong Bua 3km from us is approx 800 x 40m, this is my sixth March here and never seen it so low. 17 electric pumps running full-time today, won't be long till it's dry

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    17 pumps.... 3 or 4 days she's gone 555
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    there should be a good market for rainwater tanks and guttering now - one would hope/think !

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    (
    Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    there should be a good market for rainwater tanks and guttering now - one would hope/think !
    I have a system to catch and store rain water. Trouble is there is no rain :
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Done all that - it doesn't work if there's no rain for months!

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Last year I asked the BILs... why no tank. 'not need'.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Biking today, this dug out lake in a rubber plantation, that's a lot of reserve for the time of year it's only a few m below capacity
    Sacrifice a few rai of land, and good money here for earth or rock landfill, having own water reserve must make them happy
    MsH's family have a storage 70 x 40m, 5m deep, as backup, good investment

There wouldn't be a farm in OZ without a dam.
    The Thais mostly just don't understand water storage.
    They might if they ran more stock.

I've estimated 2 major dams, Buminbol and Sirikit, may cease outflow in May. The former has just 5% usable storage left and with all low water levels in these extreme temperatures, evaporation rates increase. Central regions and Bangkok headed for supply outage.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The Nation today

Drought in northern Lampang province’s Mae Mo district has caused Mae Change reservoir to dry out. Local residents yesterday inspected ruin buildings of a temple and community that were submerged in the reservoir after the dam construction 40 years ago.

MORE THAN 12 million people in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakan may have to stock up on water during this dry season, as the high tide and severe drought have rapidly turned the Chao Phraya River brackish.

Narongrit Srisatidnarakul, deputy governor for water transmission and distribution at the Metropolitan Waterworks Authority (MWA), said yesterday that from Tuesday until tomorrow, the rising sea will cause high salinity in the Chao Phraya and lead to difficulties in tap water production.

The 12 million water consumers may experience a slowness in the flow of tap water.

"According to our water quality standards for tap water production, we will not pump water if salinity is beyond 0.25 gram per litre.

"And during the high tide these four days, we have to reduce operations at the Sam Lae pumping station," he said.

"However, we have stored raw water when the salinity in front of the pumping station was low, so water users in Bangkok can be assured that there will not be any shortage," he said.

Not only are Bangkok people suffering from the drought, but also people in many provinces, who have been struggling with shortage of water.

According to the Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA), 18 of its branches nationwide have scaled back water distribution, five branches are seeing saltwater encroachment and three in Nakhon Sawan's Tha Tako district, Khon Kaen's Nong Ruea district and Nakhon Ratchasima's Pak Thongchai district have had irregular water release.

Suthep said some dams like Ubonrat would dry up soon, but there would still be the dead storage left to use.

"There is nothing to worry about. Even if the available water in Ubonrat Dam runs out, we still have 180 million cubic metres of spare water for the rest of the dry season.

"But I would like to ask everyone to save as much water as possible."
    Last edited by Hatari; 31st March 2016 at 20:39.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Sounds like general happiness is on to it....don't worry. ....be happy
    PeteGill likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Here is a couple of pics of Mae Kuang Dam in Chiang Mai from August 2011...........................

The same dam in August 2015...........................

A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Had a chat with my landlady yesterday and she said they had just doubled the water storage capacity at their house as they think that supplies are going to be harder to come by soon. They suggested I do the same at my place. Seems the local water is running out and it will have to trucked in from further afield.

The lake at the back of mine which is one of the local sources has looked like this for the last month.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Soupdragon; 4th April 2016 at 09:43.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I hope you're all being "Waterwise" and taking your 4 minute shower once a day...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    I hope you're all being "Waterwise" and taking your 4 minute shower once a day...555
    The way it is going it could be a one minute shower every 4 days.

Should suit the Aussies 55555
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soupdragon View Post

That's a bit rich coming from a soap dodger 555!
    Changone, Soupdragon and Cuzzy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soupdragon View Post

your avatar is really weird. ..
    Soupdragon likes this.

I checked with the Mrs and she'd be happy to cut down to 4 44 minute showers a day....555
    obes likes this.

Put her on the village regime - 1 bucket of water and 1 small can - standing in the laundry plastic dish 555!
    Changone likes this.

^How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree?....555

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast