Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Drought..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar

Drought..

Anyone on the ground in LOS hear or see anything significant about the water problems.

Au told me on sakype tonight that they had no water again today. 3rd time this week.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    I was just talking to a lady about Songkran and she seemed to think that there may be restrictions in some places, or a shorter period?

Seven_
    30 provinces have been declared drought disaster zones by the government, My province isn't one but the ones each side are. Around here its not any drier then normal for this time of year.

It doesn't seem that bad in those that I have seen, but coming from Australia where its much drier and where have droughts that go for years I may be a little jaded.

Thai's seem to have no concept of water management (use, storage or wastage) so a dry year puts a strain on things. But the government seems to be taking he matter a little more serious then the past few. The PM in his TV addresses outlines what he/the government is doing to address the issue and seems well thought out.
    Minder, Ian Forbes and mechime like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I saw an article yesterday where China had agreed to let water from their dams flow down the Mekong for a few hours each day to alleviate drought issues in Laos and Thailand

On Samui the town water is being rationed..some places are only getting 2 hours twice a day...fortunately on my moo baan we have our own pumped ground water...as do most hotels/resorts

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Yeah?,2 piss poor rainy seasons in a row.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I saw an article yesterday where China had agreed to let water from their dams flow down the Mekong for a few hours each day to alleviate drought issues in Laos and Thailand
    So nice of them to give back some of the water they stole to begin with by building dams.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    The Mekong Dam (Upriver) thing was always waiting to happen and as soon a the water flow slowed it would come to pass for everyone downriver.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    We've had no Orbortor water for 4 weeks now - nil, zilch.
    We buy in a tanker load a week.
    And yet there is a plastic pipe passing our place pyzzing out water 24/7 which we've reported 4 times over the past 6 months - no-one at the Orbortor's office gives a flying f...

If I was mobile I'd climb down and divert it to the house.
    Last edited by Zablive; 21st March 2016 at 23:22.
    Soupdragon and Ian Forbes like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Is it a typical Thai thing? It will never ever happen....until it does and then it's too late to do anything about it.
    Minder and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    Anyone on the ground in LOS hear or see anything significant about the water problems.

Au told me on sakype tonight that they had no water again today. 3rd time this week.
    Thought this was going to be a thread about your sex life again!

Was on the front page of the paper today (not your sex life) re when each dam would run out of water.
    Tingtong and Cuzzy like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    We've had no Orbortor water for 4 weeks now - nil, zilch.
    We buy in a tanker load a week.
    And yet there is a plastic pipe passing our place pyzzing out water 24/7 which we've reported 4 times over the past 6 months - no-one at the Orbortor's office gives a flying f...

If I was mobile I'd climb down and divert it to the house.
    what would that cost you baz

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Seems every time somebody builds a house in Thailand, the last thing on the list is water.

Every time somebody builds a house near us, one of the first things they think of is - water !
    Quarky likes this.

My TW told me about her childhood when she had to carry water on her shoulder through the woods and how scared and tired she was (woods which also no longer exist) after we had listened to the regular tv political broadcast which outlines the intentions and problems about water and I turns to her ( correction as she sits in front of me on the floor) and says "you know the 3 showers you take every day, can you cut down on the length of them to 3-5 minutes a time; well you can imagine the reply but the same goes for her two Kids, you would think they had rolled in dog sh*t the time the shower is running. Even in the Phrae region, where there are hills and catchments, the farmers are facing a difficult time and the irrigation canals are mostly empty and to top it the temperature has been around 39*C
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Minder likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    what would that cost you baz
    300 baht for 2000 litres.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    300 baht for 2000 litres.
    so pretty cheap then....

Chanthaburi city's centrepiece, Lake Tung Na Choei, looking less than scenic today

Better times...

At least you've got a bit of wet stuff in the centre.

With no Orbortor water for 2 months and no rain our water cart man told us today his mountain spring supply is drying up soon!

FCUK - what to do?
    Soupdragon and Ian Forbes like this.

We have three of these 'rainmaking' planes based at the Navy airstrip 2km away, they've put in a lot of flying hours lately with no result
    Few days it has ' felt like rain' but not a drop, apart from a very light shower 3am today over our town but nothing for the city

Make some rain please, Tha Mai international airport:

From Bangkok Post today:

Cessna 208 Caravan aircraft from the Department of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation fly above Nakhon Sawan province during a mission to stimulate the production of rain.
    Prime Minister Prayut last week told farmers to cultivate less rice to help the country manage its intensifying water crisis, as experts called this year's drought the worst in decades.
    Water reserves across the country have dipped below last year's levels, which were already considered a record low, according to the irrigation department
    Last edited by Hatari; 28th March 2016 at 22:03.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    At least you've got a bit of wet stuff in the centre.

With no Orbortor water for 2 months and no rain our water cart man told us today his mountain spring supply is drying up soon!

FCUK - what to do?
    Same here Baz. I phoned for water truck delivery at 12 noon and was told I was in a queue. Water arrived at 6 p.m. This is not looking good.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

I guess shower with multiple friends is one answer.
    The washing machines have been disconnected and half-hour hair washing showers are goneQ!
    Cuzzy likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast