Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By MarcTwoSix

Thread: Web developers in Thailand

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984

    Web developers in Thailand

    Does anyone know of any decent web developers in Thailand?

    My wife started a little sort of contracting business in BKK and wants to have a webpage.

    I know nothing about such stuff.

    It would be a relatively simple webpage

    And what does s webpage cost to make?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,708
    I have used freelancers from Upworks https://www.upwork.com/

    A lot of good developers in India, Bangladesh etc. Suggest you use a Wordpress platform something simple will be around 400 - 700 USD.

    If you want a Thai developer you may find one on Upworks.

    Sydney is good with this stuff he put me onto Upworks.

  3. #3
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399

    I don't get this, a webpage costs nothing if you just get in and do it yourself on one of the many template sites available.
    Mine costs me exactly $2 a week to host with zero setup cost.
    Also, a Facebook presence costs you nothing.
    After that, it depends what you want to spend on "Promotion" of your website.
    Look for real "Value for money" there.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

  4. #4
    Platinum NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    655
    Yeah I'd first checkout free website building/hosting tools like http://www.weebly.com (extremely easy to use) and if you still can't work it out, you're probably talking B5000 for a couple of pages? Depends how good you want it really - static pages with just info should be around that, if not less.

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

    I don't get this, a webpage costs nothing if you just get in and do it yourself on one of the many template sites available.
    Mine costs me exactly $2 a week to host with zero setup cost.
    Also, a Facebook presence costs you nothing.
    After that, it depends what you want to spend on "Promotion" of your website.
    Look for real "Value for money" there.
    I honestly have no clue how to do any of that, my wife will know the FB part

    But the FB page is a great idea....I think

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I honestly have no clue how to do any of that, my wife will know the FB part

    But the FB page is a great idea....I think
    I tried the build my own website from those build your own site things. , I also had no idea and after days of trying to make sense of it gave up. It looked very home made.

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I tried the build my own website from those build your own site things. , I also had no idea and after days of trying to make sense of it gave up. It looked very home made.
    Yeah and I dont even know what good it does unless you are on some SRO?

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Yeah and I dont even know what good it does unless you are on some SRO?
    I don't even know what SRO is .555

    SEM - Search Engine Marketing
    SEO - Search Engine Optimization
    SMM - Social Media Marketing

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I tried the build my own website from those build your own site things. , I also had no idea and after days of trying to make sense of it gave up. It looked very home made.
    Which DIY did you try Ozzy?

    My site is built on dotnetnuke, but hard to update. Was thinking of getting someone via upwork to re-build on weebly, wordpress or similar, to make it easier. It is purely a marketing presence...no ecommerce.

    Any thoughts?
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Which DIY did you try Ozzy?

    My site is built on dotnetnuke, but hard to update. Was thinking of getting someone via upwork to re-build on weebly, wordpress or similar, to make it easier. It is purely a marketing presence...no ecommerce.

    Any thoughts?
    Cannot remember the DYI one but when I got a Upworks freelancer to re do it we used Wordpress.

    My new site is Drupal and rather complex with my Bangladesh developer working full time almost a year on it.
    Nomad likes this.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I don't even know what SRO is .555

    SEM - Search Engine Marketing
    SEO - Search Engine Optimization
    SMM - Social Media Marketing
    See!
    I think I meant SEO
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  12. #12
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I honestly have no clue how to do any of that, my wife will know the FB part

    But the FB page is a great idea....I think
    Ao would know about Instagram too. A lot of makeup and beauty stuff is promoted on there...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Ao would know about Instagram too. A lot of makeup and beauty stuff is promoted on there...
    She actually is not as up on social media as much as I am besides FB

    The company giving her all the work is helping her with a website.
    So I will stay out of it until needed.

    I just was curious and told her I'd help if needed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •