Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Car Price Help

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Car Price Help

I looked around but figured some of you guys would know best

Ao is buying a car in Bangkok soon, well in the next couple of months.

She wants a smaller car like Yaris or Suzuki Swift

Is 400k for 2014 models of those type of cars with somewhat low km's a decent price?

Seems expensive to me but I don't have a clue

Thanks

Also, any suggestions where to look, maybe give her other places to look

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Highlight Yaris - Toyota Motor Thailand says starting price is 469,000 baht new, but I have noticed that most cars seem to hold their price as opposed to losing massive amounts as soon as you drive it out of the showroom. I got a really good trade in on my Vios a couple of years ago with 1xxx,xxx K's on it, actually surprised me how much they offered to trade for my current car.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    400k sounds about ballpark considering their new price.

here's one asking 365k..

Toyota Yaris 2014 Automatic for SALE (Koh Samui) - Cars For Sale (in Thailand) - Thailand Forum

Last edited by Moo Uaon; 14th June 2016 at 10:48.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    400k sounds about ballpark considering their new price.

here's one asking 365k..

Toyota Yaris 2014 Automatic for SALE (Koh Samui) - Cars For Sale (in Thailand) - Thailand Forum

Thanks Moo, that looks great
    She wants the longer Yaris.....which that looks like it

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Err longer... That would be 4 door as opposed to 2. 55555
    Good cars
    Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Err longer... That would be 4 door as opposed to 2. 55555
    Good cars
    Longer in the base which I am pretty sure 2 doors have

I rented a Vios E in April and I am pretty that model is longer?

Actually.....I just realized I am talking to a pro! 555
    Isn't there longer base models in the same car?

There are 3 Yaris variants 4 door sedan 2 door and 4 door..oh just looked sedan is vios on LOS and does not look like they offer 2 door anymore. But still short wheelbase is 2D no long wheelbase in that model

And at start price of 469 why not go new? Servicing seems to be a dirty word there

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    And at start price of 469 why not go new? Servicing seems to be a dirty word there

Have you seen the specs of the entry level Yaris ?.............you dont even get hubcaps or electric windows

We bought a new Yaris G (top of range) lastyear and it was 599K baht driveway, that includes alot of extras including 1 x year lic & 1 x year full insurance................like Dazza mentioned the secondhand market in Thailand is alot different to back home, the depreciation is minimal, whether they sell for asking price i dont know. Marc was talking 400k, my thinking is to pay that bit more and get new, no worrying about previous accident/maintenance etc.............and it will be a 2016 model with a full 3 year factory warranty.
    Soupdragon likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Have you seen the specs of the entry level Yaris ?.............you dont even get hubcaps or electric windows

We bought a new Yaris G (top of range) lastyear and it was 599K baht driveway, that includes alot of extras including 1 x year lic & 1 x year full insurance................like Dazza mentioned the secondhand market in Thailand is alot different to back home, the depreciation is minimal, whether they sell for asking price i dont know. Marc was talking 400k, my thinking is to pay that bit more and get new, no worrying about previous accident/maintenance etc.............and it will be a 2016 model with a full 3 year factory warranty.
    She can't afford 600k .. she is buying this mostly on her own....I am giving her 100k towards it.

Also, 600k seems offily expensive
    22k cad.....the SE model Yaris in Canada is 18kcad
    Zablive likes this.

They are not so cheap there that's why so many pick ups much better value but not always practical....
    I hear you Rivo base is not alway so great

They are not so cheap there that's why so many pick ups much better value but not always practical....
    I hear you Rivo base is not alway so great
    But I guess if they hold their value it somehow offsets the initial output
    wabbits and Rivo like this.

Yep not like here lead balloons.55555

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    She can't afford 600k .. she is buying this mostly on her own....I am giving her 100k towards it.

Also, 600k seems offily expensive
    22k cad.....the SE model Yaris in Canada is 18kcad
    Our entry level Yaris here in Oz is about 16k AUD driveaway, and has alot more extra's than the Thai model, for the Thai model top of the range : no heater, no reversing camera, no satnav, only 2 x airbags (oz models 6 x airbags & japanese model 7 x airbags)

Cars are not cheap in Thailand for some reason, and the exchange rate down makes them more expensive again for as farangs, not the case with motorbikes though.

Saying that I prefer to have a car that my missus drives to be safe and well maintained and will pay the premium for that.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

pickups are cheap though. some sort of "man on the land" type tax break on them.

my colorado i had for 8 years ran just about faultlessly in that time and extremely economical....less than 7L/100 k's and diesel @ around 30 baht/L most of the time.
    i took over 9500 AUD to buy it at the time (32.5 baht/AUD 18 months old and 60k kms on the clock)) and sent back 9800 AUD (25.5 baht/AUD 140k kms on the clock) 8 years later.
    luckily it was a cheap buy at the time and held it's value as it was well looked after by me. couldn't kill the engine anyway!

can't beat a diesel,IMO.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 14th June 2016 at 16:45.
    wabbits likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    for me the Mazda 2 is the nicest car in that category...they seem to have more guts than their equivalents...and a nicer finish...I'd be including them in my search

2014 Mazda 2 Sports 1.5 - Sports Series | East Coast: Pattaya & Region | Cars for Sale | Bahtsold.com | Baht&Sold
    Soupdragon likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    We have a 2011 Mazda 2 that Au and her mum use. Good spec car, comfortable, handles well and cruises at 120km easily with 3 people. We've done the 9hr trip from the village to Pattaya a number of times. Can't fault the car at all.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Seven_
    I agree with people, buy new for a number of reasons already covered, but mainly due to unknown service history and lack of depreciation. I would think you are silly to buy second hand without good knowledge of how the car has been looked after, unless its a cheap car your after.

I have both a Ford ranger wild track (4X4) and Hilux revo (4X4 2.8GAT), both bought new a couple of years apart, but service wise the Toyota is far better then ford, so much better that I don't know if I would buy a ford again, as Toyota have been that good.

You can also get some great deals if you want to finance part of the purchase though the dealers, 0% -2% etc. with heaps of extras chucked in to sweeten the deal.

A small car in Bangkok may be ok, but I wouldn't want one out in Ban Nok, we have pot holes that would swallow a Yaris, not to mention the bigger has right of way thing with Thais.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post

You can also get some great deals if you want to finance part of the purchase though the dealers, 0% -2% etc.
    sounds too good to be true?
    i've never known of anyone getting a great deal by using finance in LOS.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 14th June 2016 at 21:02.

Seven_
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    sounds too good to be true?
    i've never known of anyone getting a great deal by using finance in LOS.
    A quick search shows Toyota is offering the Yaris at 2.45% over 4 years with 25% deposit.

YARIS

You normally get a better rate for a higher deposit, such as the vios which is 1.79% for a 30% deposit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast