Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Interesting Situation

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Interesting Situation

Just another lazy day here in rural Chiang Rai...........come 4pm and were sitting on the front verandah/alfresco having a few drinks, myself, Paer, her sister & a girl from nearby, next thing Police arrive at the gate, he's invited to sit with us and alot of talk exchanged. Next thing is he wants Paers id and my passport and fills in some form, meanwhile he gets a beer poured and sits talking with the girls for half hour, he even gets a tour through the house. I asked if we have problems and Paer said no he see you on motorcycle and want to check who you 555

While he's here the tut tut delivery of Chang arrives and he joins us for a drink, then the Police leave and say goodbye, as we continue drinking, no problem is the best answer I get at the moment 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Not unusual to register with your local police, particularly in the boonies.
    Also she is required to notify the presence of an Alien at her premises 555!
    Last edited by Zablive; 11th July 2016 at 22:17.
    Rivo likes this.

^ A first for me..........no problem though, just never experienced this before

I had a visit a year or so back, same thing, no problem and just checking. The house owner registering/notifying of foreign guest is interesting. Last time I entered via BKK I asked immigration about it and after 3 officials I was told that since I had notified nothing else had to be done. When I was checked on that occassion a year or two back they were also not interested in an 80yo making a notification. It seems that even though it appears to be a rule, it is enforced differently depending on circumstances etc.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ Jeeze...you are still looking pretty good for 80 mate...555
    Changone and kaptainrob like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    no cops in or anywhere near our village 55

last year there were heaps around a couple of times.
    big yaba supplier bust and a murder. first one ever there.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 12th July 2016 at 09:42.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Still it would give you the Willies when Cops arrive and start talking about you in a language you cant understand .
    Rivo likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Still it would give you the Willies when Cops arrive and start talking about you in a language you cant understand .
    yah mean like if you are an American or a Canadian and you're sitting with a bunch of Londoners, Scotts or Welsh? 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    yah mean like if you are an American or a Canadian and you're sitting with a bunch of Londoners, Scotts or Welsh? 555
    555 I can Understand Yanks and Canadian's most of the time but I was trying to talk to a Scott? or Welsh? couple in Patong one night , but no matter how hard I concentrated on what they said, I just couldn't understand them . So every time they laughed I laughed and smiled a lot 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    "Och....Ye sassenach....d' Ye no ken wha'm takkin aboot"...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    555 I can Understand Yanks and Canadian's most of the time but I was trying to talk to a Scott? or Welsh? couple in Patong one night , but no matter how hard I concentrated on what they said, I just couldn't understand them . So every time they laughed I laughed and smiled a lot 555
    Old joke.......

I saw these three rather large ladies in the bar and they were talking in a strange accent.
    So I went up to them and said 'are you three lovely ladies from Scotland???"
    Wales the one sneered...
    "Sorry, are you three lovely whales from Scotland"

And that's the last thing I remember 555
    Changone, Rivo and Tingtong like this.

Banned
    That immigration and the border police around here are still a law unto themselves and a lot of weird stuff happens with them. I know they can give the retirement visa guys a very hard time.
    Last edited by Seven_; 14th August 2016 at 00:49.

Police officer to Paer. "Sorry to trouble you miss, but after the Bangkok bombing we are just going around to check on fake marriages in the district".

Paer "Fake marriages....pffft. We've been together years but do you think my old man will marry me?".

Police "Well what would you like us to do? We could have him arrested and banged up?".

Paer "Ohhh....no need for any of that. I have plans for him...muahahahaha....".

Couldn't happen could it...555

Quarky and Rivo like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    a mate of mine lives out near Khun 7....when it is his time to do a Visa Renewal he calls immigration in Sissaket and a local immigration guy turns up on his doorstep a day or two later and helps him fill out his forms...the immigration guy then takes these and his passport into work and brings the stamped passport back a day later...same for his 90 day reports

I think he may be a friend of my mates wife and comes from nearby....but its not bad service...555
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Police officer to Paer. "Sorry to trouble you miss, but after the Bangkok bombing we are just going around to check on fake marriages in the district".

Paer "Fake marriages....pffft. We've been together years but do you think my old man will marry me?".

Police "Well what would you like us to do? We could have him arrested and banged up?".

Paer "Ohhh....no need for any of that. I have plans for him...muahahahaha....".

Couldn't happen could it...555

C1 talk too mutt 555
    Gazmac and Changone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    a mate of mine lives out near Khun 7....when it is his time to do a Visa Renewal he calls immigration in Sissaket and a local immigration guy turns up on his doorstep a day or two later and helps him fill out his forms...the immigration guy then takes these and his passport into work and brings the stamped passport back a day later...same for his 90 day reports

I think he may be a friend of my mates wife and comes from nearby....but its not bad service...555

I was drinking with some immigration officers lastweek at our house party, ill have to stay friends 555............after the copper filled some forms the other day he did ask for a photo, I dont know if it was official as he put his arm around me and had the thumbs up, he finished his beer, got on his motorbike(without a helmet 555) and rode off.

What gets me is the girls I was with, I asked what police want, only response was no problem 555........and that was from all 3 of them, no one seemed phased except me 555
    Changone likes this.

Really it's nothing to worry about Gav......honest...no...really......5555

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post

Same service is available here if you know the right people and give a tip 555
    Last edited by Seven_; 24th October 2016 at 01:42.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I was drinking with some immigration officers lastweek at our house party, ill have to stay friends 555............after the copper filled some forms the other day he did ask for a photo, I dont know if it was official as he put his arm around me and had the thumbs up, he finished his beer, got on his motorbike(without a helmet 555) and rode off.

What gets me is the girls I was with, I asked what police want, only response was no problem 555........and that was from all 3 of them, no one seemed phased except me 555
    I wouldn't worry about it, as I have never heard anything actually happening after the visits. Seems more like, a "have to do", as someone big in Bangkok wants sort of thing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    me and stew were caught out after closing time in phitsanulok. the whole town had shut down and we needed to get 20 k's to our hotel.
    unmarked pickup came down the road and stopped. a couple of thai guys in plain clothes telling us in thai that everything was closed,taxi finished and they'd take us to our hotel...insisted....and said they were cops. bit suss...but no other alternative.
    was a bit worried about them but the ride went ok. with some laughing and joking. pulled up right at the front foyer of the hotel and insisted we pose for pics with them. very grateful and thanked us heaps,laughs and smiles all round and wouldn't take any money for the ride 5555
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 13th July 2016 at 21:12.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast