Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Know your Thai movie stars?

Seven_

Know your Thai movie stars?

So this international Thai movie star is back in the local area area, wonder if he's on talking terms with his parents again seeing he's back in the area.

Testing you knowledge of Thai movie stars can anyone name him?

Last edited by Seven_; 26th August 2016 at 16:35.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post
    So this international Thai movie star is back in the local area area, wonder if his on talking terms with his parents again seeing his back in the area.

Testing you knowledge of Thai movie stars can anyone name him?

Oh my Buddha -are you pyzzed or on the waccy baccy?
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Seven_
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Oh my Buddha -are you pyzzed or on the waccy baccy?
    No distracted by an angry 2 year old. Fixed the spelling for you.

But I take it you don't know who he is?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Who gives a FF who he is?

For a supposed graduate of my alma mater your English Expression is below High School standard 555!
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Seven_
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Who gives a FF who he is?

For a supposed graduate of my alma mater your English Expression is below High School standard 555!
    So I take it you have nothing to add to this forum as per normal?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    The thing with Thai "superstars" is that they could be in one small role and be referred to as superstars.

But I have no clue who he or any of them are 555

But on the other hand.......I don't see it being weird you would know, being a father of Thai kids so you would be more involved in such things

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Tony Jaa. Got famous from a boxing movie . . . I think.

I have sat throigh many Thai movies. At least Jan Dara had nudity. 555
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Or is it Japanom yeerum? Something like that.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Try sitting through a Thai comedy. Everyone laughing there heads off, then there is me. 555 I guess the jokes are just not as funny when you are reading subtitiles. Last one I went to was called Pee Mak. Set in the past, everyone had their teeth blacked out, I guess this was common 100 years ago.
    Last edited by Cippy; 26th August 2016 at 09:26.
    wabbits and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Tony Jaa. Got famous from a boxing movie . . . I think.

I have sat throigh many Thai movies. At least Jan Dara had nudity. 555
    Yes, I was thinking Tony Jaa as well, he's from Surin isn't he?

Yes, from Surin. I just found him on IMDB. His given name is Japanom Yeerum. Martial Arts and Muay Thai movies, just did Furious 7 in 2015. 40 years old.
    Bawdy likes this.

Okay if we are playing that game. Luuk Krueng, Thai father.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Tony Jaa is off the 214 on the way to Kap Cheong, the official word is its around about there anyway.
    Wiki says Surin Provence big area.

Seven_
    [QUOTE=Cippy;296934]Yes, from Surin. I just found him on IMDB. His given name is Japanom Yeerum. Martial Arts and Muay Thai movies, just did Furious 7 in 2015. 40 years old.
    Last edited by Seven_; 24th October 2016 at 01:33.

Seven_
    [QUOTE=Cippy;296936]

Okay if we are playing that game. Luuk Krueng, Thai father.
    Last edited by Seven_; 24th October 2016 at 01:35.

Seven_
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Tony Jaa is off the 214 on the way to Kap Cheong, the official word is its around about there anyway.
    Wiki says Surin Provence big area.
    Well the official word is wrong then, he is from Ban Khok Sung, Bak Dai, Phanom Dong Rak District, closer to the Buriram border then Kap Choeng.
    Last edited by Seven_; 24th October 2016 at 01:34.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I know and enjoy (somewhat) some of the comedians from the main comedy troupe which features in several shows on TV here....plus is pretty prolific making low budget Thai movies as well

Tukky, Mum (Supermum) Neng and Tong, Goh Tee etc etc to name a few....these guys rely heavily on slapstick and their language is pretty basic but they do make me smile at times

^ Tukky, movies, and on TV Sunday afternoons

From a 2013 Bangkok Post article

Sudarat "Tukky"(ตุ๊กกี้) Butrprom

She's one of the most successful comedy actresses in Thailand today who has appeared in numerous TV shows and starred in many films. But the story of her climb to the top isn't as funny as the jokes she delivers. Tukky gave up a good job for a low-paid one and incurred huge debt before the spotlight turned to her.

Her journey: Thinking that her looks and short stature (147cm) aren't favoured by Thai show business, Tukky first decided to work for Phuket Fantasea, a nighttime cultural theme park, as a performer after she graduated with a fine arts degree in Thai dance from Mahasarakham University.

Seven_
    If you want to see the area that Tony Jaa is from have a look at the street view of the area.
    Last edited by Seven_; 28th August 2016 at 10:46.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Watched a live slap stick comedy act one night in Bangkok it apparently was a huge tv show as well the girls got seriously excited but it really just reminded me of Benny Hill....555
    but hey a thousand happy punters loved it and I had German beer and pork hocks to eat so all good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast