Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DutyFree

Thread: My 22 night Itinerary, Suggestions are welcomed and appreciated...

Cadet

My 22 night Itinerary, Suggestions are welcomed and appreciated...

I'm going to Thailand for about 3 weeks, my friend is coming for 2. This is the itinerary we came up with, any thoughts or advice feel free to drop a line. Also, I'm going to be by myself for 8 nights after he leaves, the last 1-2 nights I'll probably end up in bangkok, so where do I go by myself to relax for a week, looking for something easy to get to, beach side, with a town close by that is safe and has something for everybody as well as good prices...thinking about Malaysia/Cambodia/pattaya?

Is it smart to book these flights in advance, as well as hotels? I heard prices go up and places get booked up around December peak season. Wheres a good place to be during Christmas?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Night 1 Sunday 12/4 - Land at 10pm Bangkok

Night 2 Monday 12/5 - Bangkok

Night 3 Tuesday 12/6 – bkk ->Vietnam $96 + visa

Night 4 Wednesday 12/7 - vietnam

Night 5 Thursday 12/8 – vietnam

Night 6 Friday 12/9 - vietnam

Night 7 Saturday 12/10 - vietnam

Night 8 Sunday 12/11 - vietnam -> bangkok

Night 9 Monday 12/12 – bangkok

Night 10 Tuesday 12/13 – bkk -> chaing mai $33

Night 11 Wednesday 12/14 – chiang mai

Night 12 Thursday 12/15 – chaing mai -> krabi $45

Night 13 Friday 12/16 - krabi

Night 14 Saturday 12/17 - krabi

Night 15 Sunday 12/18 - ? (J goes home)

Night 16 Monday 12/19 - ?

Night 17 Tuesday 12/20 - ?

Night 18 Wednesday 12/21 - ?

Night 19 Thursday 12/22 - ?

Night 20 Friday 12/23 - ?

Night 21 Saturday 12/24 - ?

Night 22 Sunday 12/25 - ?

Monday 12/26 - 7pm Flight home

Only one full day in Bangkok? Those 8 days on your own... try and spend in one place after so much running around.. you'll be glad to stand still in either Samui or Phuket if you just want to relax by a beach...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    I second the Phuket/Samui idea........ Patong will be jumping in high season by the time you arrive.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Where in Vietnam will you be going? Hanoi would be my choice and other MB's would second that.

The problem with booking flights and accommodation in advance is if you change your plan. When I travel I only have my return flight booked and a few days accommodation at the beginning. I like to go with the flow and change it along the way.

From your previous post I think you said you are not looking for girls is that correct because that would give us a hint of what places to recommend or not.

On 12/11 don't stay in bkk the night get the late flight straight to Chiang mai. Will save taxis into Bkk and will get some extra time in CM. The time you have allowed in CM is too short IMO
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 20th September 2016 at 11:30.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    When you Mate goes, catch the Ferry to Phuket and stay there for the remainder. Better make up you mind and book soon. 2 places to consider Staying , Summer breeze Hotel Patong or Ban Natacha guest house at Kamala. Both have connections to this site so like minded people .

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Only one full day in Bangkok? Those 8 days on your own... try and spend in one place after so much running around.. you'll be glad to stand still in either Samui or Phuket if you just want to relax by a beach...
    comes out to like 4 nights and 3 days in bangkok altogether, I might consider spending my last full day/night there. Exactly what I would like one place, is it worth going to Malaysia or Cambodia?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Where in Vietnam will you be going? Hanoi would be my choice and other MB's would second that.
    The problem with booking flights and accommodation in advance is if you change your plan. When I travel I only have my return flight booked and a few days accommodation at the beginning. I like to go with the flow and change it along the way.
    From your previous post I think you said you are not looking for girls is that correct because that would give us a hint of what places to recommend or not.
    On 12/11 don't stay in bkk the night get the late flight straight to Chiang mai. Will save taxis into Bkk and will get some extra time in CM. The time you have allowed in CM is too short IMO
    We're going to ho chi min, after doing some more research, I feel like I might've liked Hanoi more. Already book tix for vietnam, didn't book the tix to mai/krabi. We're not going specifically for girls, but of course would like to check out the scene. I would like to spend more time in chiang mai as well, really like the laid back things I'm hearing about it, will try to convince my friend to head back to bkk for his last night by himeself, see what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    When you Mate goes, catch the Ferry to Phuket and stay there for the remainder. Better make up you mind and book soon. 2 places to consider Staying , Summer breeze Hotel Patong or Ban Natacha guest house at Kamala. Both have connections to this site so like minded people .
    Spots you mentioned are great, nice prices as well. I'm assuming authentic thai food is within the radius of these hotels? I saw a lot of american dishes, but thats prob just at the hotel?
    OZZYGUY likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyFree View Post
    comes out to like 4 nights and 3 days in bangkok altogether, I might consider spending my last full day/night there. Exactly what I would like one place, is it worth going to Malaysia or Cambodia?
    Penang, Malaysia is a good option if you're in Krabi. Can easily catch a flight from Phuket and be over there fairly quickly.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    still think LOS is more fun than penang or VN.
    you might be sorry you went there (LOS) then straight to somewhere not as good..........especially if you get lubbed up with the perfect TG
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    See you intent to stay in Bangkok for 1 day, which happens to be the K!ng's birthday on December 5th.

Could be an attraction, but I advise reading up on that, Bangkok will be very busy!

Cadet
    Isn't the K1ngs birthday usually a 'dry' day too?

^ usually not all bars and often very few closed.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Penang, Malaysia is a good option if you're in Krabi.
    What can I expect here?

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    still think LOS is more fun than penang or VN.
    you might be sorry you went there (LOS) then straight to somewhere not as good..........especially if you get lubbed up with the perfect TG
    Sorry don't know these acronyms. What and where is LOS and whats TG?

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    See you intent to stay in Bangkok for 1 day, which happens to be the K!ng's birthday on December 5th.

Could be an attraction, but I advise reading up on that, Bangkok will be very busy!
    Thanks for the heads up, was not aware the 5th is a big holiday. Total days in Bangkok by the end of the trip will be about 4 days and 5 nights altogether.

LOS...Land Of Smiles-Thailand
    TG...Thai Girl

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    You had 9 pages on your other thread and you still haven't decided 555! (Thai for HaHaHa!)
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!