• 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By Minder
  • 1 Post By meese
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon

Thread: Playing Golf in Bangkok

Cadet silver

Playing Golf in Bangkok

Have never played golf in a foreign country before so, with my trip to Thailand coming up next April (yep still an eternity away) and a few days in Bangkok to spare, I was thinking of popping my overseas Golfing virginity in the LOS.

A work colleague of mine who has some Thai work associates (loosely) said they play night golf now and again, somewhere in the capital (forget where).

So I runs off to Google and find a whole host of outstanding looking courses (and very professional looking - hence fairly eye watering prices but hey ho) in said area.

Has anyone ever played in the LOS? How strict are the standards there? Full golfing etiquette expected? Recommend any courses? Could I book a package via a hotel or should I approach the golf course direct?

I've seen random google postings of people going round the course (especially the night time - floodlit) having drinks, getting the caddies drunk etc etc.

Sounds fun if true.

Can you hire female caddies 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I'm no golfer but have played in Chiang mai a couple of times. Some of the best courses are in Chiang mai I'm told and the places we played where stunning.

Non of that golf etiquette sh1t we hired a couple of young caddy's and lots of beers along the way.

My buddy hooked up with his caddy later that night.
    chiefbrody likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    all the caddies are female. usually old and bossy 55
    the courses have what's called "sports day" where games are discounted by a fair bit. you can call and find out or just rock up when it suits you.
    if you've played golf before you'll be fine. watch out of groups of 6 Thais in front,they're always really slow and line up shots for an eternity only to play yet another bad one. can be frustrating getting stuck behind a group like that as they refuse (or very rarely) let faster players through.

a group from Mai Thai Bar on Phuket use to play regularly. a couple members at Phuket Country Club,a really good 27 hole course.

this one here was the par 5 9th hole.
    if you turned 90* right and able to hit 300yds tee shot you could get near the green for one,over the water. manged it a couple of times but found the water a few times too 55

so just rock up and enjoy....but don't expect too much of the caddies......after the game is over 55
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 2nd October 2016 at 09:57.
    chiefbrody likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    What I know about golf you could write on the head of a club but a Pommy mate has played here several times and liked it.

Easy to find, not far down the BangNa Trad Rd from BKK (aka the road to Pattaya)

Thana City Golf
    chiefbrody likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    all the caddies are female. usually old and bossy 55
    the courses have what's called "sports day" where games are discounted by a fair bit. you can call and find out or just rock up when it suits you.
    if you've played golf before you'll be fine. watch out of groups of 6 Thais in front,they're always really slow and line up shots for an eternity only to play yet another bad one. can be frustrating getting stuck behind a group like that as they refuse (or very rarely) let faster players through.

a group from Mai Thai Bar on Phuket use to play regularly. a couple members at Phuket Country Club,a really good 27 hole course.

this one here was the par 5 9th hole.
    if you turned 90* right and able to hit 300yds tee shot you could get near the green for one,over the water. manged it a couple of times but found the water a few times too 55

so just rock up and enjoy....but don't expect too much of the caddies......after the game is over 55
    made 2 a putt eagle on that hole lew..just manage to get over the water...
    Moo Uaon likes this.

^ Duncan made a one putt albatross there one time.
    you need a bit of luck to get through the palm trees behind the green to get on.

Cadet silver
    Cheers for the replies guys.

@ Moo Uaon - great pic. Looks fantastic. Talk about a testing tee shot 5555

Those tees look better than some of the fairways i've played on!

Is that the green in the top right, behind the trees?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefbrody View Post
    Cheers for the replies guys.

@ Moo Uaon - great pic. Looks fantastic. Talk about a testing tee shot 5555

Those tees look better than some of the fairways i've played on!

Is that the green in the top right, behind the trees?
    that's actually the fairway of another hole. green is a couple hundred yards to the right.
    from behind the green...bunkers top right are the ones in front of the tee in the first pic. you can see some players taking their 2nd shot from behind them.
    there's a walk bridge just in front of the tee.

chiefbrody likes this.