Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Pattaya Hotels

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,239

    Pattaya Hotels

    So where is everyone staying in Pattaya these days? I used to stay at the Areca a lot. It's ok. Has a big pool and a good restaurant. LK Metro and Soi Baukow close by. I hear a lot of people like to stay close to Soi 6 now. And some don't even go to Walking Street anymore. I'm planning on the week of Nov 27. Anyone around then? Lets meet up for Happy Hour...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    or within walking distance of bush pig mountain?
    briofoz, Dupree and Tingtong like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Soi 6, Pattaya.
    Posts
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    So where is everyone staying in Pattaya these days? I used to stay at the Areca a lot. It's ok. Has a big pool and a good restaurant. LK Metro and Soi Baukow close by. I hear a lot of people like to stay close to Soi 6 now. And some don't even go to Walking Street anymore. I'm planning on the week of Nov 27. Anyone around then? Lets meet up for Happy Hour...
    I'm actually surprised you have that impression.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,125
    View Talay 6 was always my favorite. Maybe a bit late to find a condo in the place for November but there a few booking agents on the web. Very central and great views.
    August Suites Pattaya is another that I was happy to stay at, Middle road and Second.
    Cape Darra Resort is fabulous but pricey and right up the end of beach road
    Last edited by 1080; 29th October 2016 at 19:26.

  5. #5
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    I liked Sea Me Spring Too... but if the sea view is gone it ruins the pool area. Intimate Hotel is always a good place...
    quiksilva likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Soi 6, Pattaya.
    Posts
    2,563
    ^ Sea Me Too looking very tired now from what I've heard.

  7. #7
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,162
    Been to Areca several times and always enjoyed it, but this time I stayed at LK Renaissance just down the road. Much better rooms but the pool is poor.

  8. #8
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ Sea Me Too looking very tired now from what I've heard.
    I was there earlier this year and the room I had was still in fine shape...every bit as good as when I stayed there when the joint was brand new...there was some work going on next door then but they gave me a great room...very quiet at the front/seaside...i heard no noise at all

    I've stayed in the joint maybe 8 trips now..I've always had great service and an immaculate room...but I do hold one of their membership cards...whether that makes any difference i have no idea

    I get it for 1800 a night and for me that is a great price for what and where it is...

    I never made it to the pool last time so no idea if the view has been impaired
    Bawdy likes this.

  9. #9
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I was there earlier this year and the room I had was still in fine shape...every bit as good as when I stayed there when the joint was brand new...there was some work going on next door then but they gave me a great room...very quiet at the front/seaside...i heard no noise at all

    I've stayed in the joint maybe 8 trips now..I've always had great service and an immaculate room...but I do hold one of their membership cards...whether that makes any difference i have no idea

    I get it for 1800 a night and for me that is a great price for what and where it is...

    I never made it to the pool last time so no idea if the view has been impaired
    I have stayed there my last 4 or 5 trips. I agree about the rooms still being nice enough. Last time the hotel next door was being built and looked like it may block the sea view once built. I really like that pool area so would be a shame if it loses that view... but the hotel itself was still fine last trip.

    If on a budget then I still use Pattaya Bay Resort now and then. Has a nice familiar feel to it... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  10. #10
    Cadet silver krukke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    142
    I will arrive Pattaya 26 november stay at Nova Park Hotel with my tgf. Anyone know about this hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I have stayed there my last 4 or 5 trips. I agree about the rooms still being nice enough. Last time the hotel next door was being built and looked like it may block the sea view once built. I really like that pool area so would be a shame if it loses that view... but the hotel itself was still fine last trip.

    If on a budget then I still use Pattaya Bay Resort now and then. Has a nice familiar feel to it... 55

    Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I have stayed there my last 4 or 5 trips. I agree about the rooms still being nice enough. Last time the hotel next door was being built and looked like it may block the sea view once built. I really like that pool area so would be a shame if it loses that view... but the hotel itself was still fine last trip.

    If on a budget then I still use Pattaya Bay Resort now and then. Has a nice familiar feel to it... 55
    Oh yeah. PBR. I remember staying there a number of times when it was new. I liked the free tuk tuk that took me to 2nd road every night. I hated having to walk that long driveway to the street.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  12. #12
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Oh yeah. PBR. I remember staying there a number of times when it was new. I liked the free tuk tuk that took me to 2nd road every night. I hated having to walk that long driveway to the street.
    Now though there is a 7/11 next door and even bars nearby. And only two mins walk from LK Metro...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  13. #13
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    There are two "Sea me" hotels 1 & 2 on opposite sides of the Soi.
    The older 1, I preferred for the all round bigger rooms. Also the one they were building the new hotel in front of, closer to the beach, most likely finished by now.
    SMS 2, was good when new, but all the rooms seemed just that bit too small. Little things like not being able to open the shower door all the way. Also the new flat screen tv we had was on the fritz due to the abuse it had taken in the first few weeks since opening, also the electronic room safe locked and wouldn't open. Probably just bad luck didn't get Baccy's room...555

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Now though there is a 7/11 next door and even bars nearby. And only two mins walk from LK Metro...
    When I stayed there LK Metro wasn't near the glory it is now. And I didn't enjoy walking that road with no sidewalks. I suppose that's what mtb taxis are for. One thing for sure. I am going to walk as least as possible this time. In the end I think that's where most of my energy was sapped...55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Soi 6, Pattaya.
    Posts
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by krukke View Post
    I will arrive Pattaya 26 november stay at Nova Park Hotel with my tgf. Anyone know about this hotel.
    Never stayed there myself (they appear to have apartment like rooms with kitchenettes), but know the area well. A little out of the way but there are alot of Thai venues nearby.

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Oh yeah. PBR. I remember staying there a number of times when it was new. I liked the free tuk tuk that took me to 2nd road every night. I hated having to walk that long driveway to the street.
    When I stayed at PBR I didnt feel completely safe walking back there at night But I did like the Resort rooms....Just looked at their web site and its closed untill 2017 some time.
    Quarky likes this.

  17. #17
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    When I stayed at PBR I didnt feel completely safe walking back there at night But I did like the Resort rooms....Just looked at their web site and its closed untill 2017 some time.
    I always walked through The Avenue shopping centre to get to Second Rd rather than walking down the long soi... felt safer...
    Tingtong likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    ^ baht bus to there and short walk through the mall.
    Bit different from LK Metro side.
    Quarky likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I always walked through The Avenue shopping centre to get to Second Rd rather than walking down the long soi... felt safer...
    Yeah same same. Just the area around the PBR felt a bit sus at night...I was ok once into the Shopping centre and onto main drag. TBH the whole of Pattaya gave me the creeps compared to other parts of Thailand , Phuket, Hua Hin , Krabi etc.
    Nothing wrong with Pattaya , just not my thing.

  20. #20
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,204
    I have stayed at my tried and trusted Nature View on Soi Buakhaw for years now. Probably a little down market for some, but nice and clean, great pool and just a short walk to all the action in and around Metro.
    The bonus is that it is nice and quiet.

    I am however temped to try Boss Suites on Second Road. (Formerly Diana Inn) It is very well situated and right on the bhat bus rout.. I have stayed at their sister hotel on Nana and it well suited my needs.. Just the possible noise factor puts me off.. Great looking pool on their site though.

    Boss Suites Hotel
    Cashpoint likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •