Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gazmac

Thread: New Phuket Intl Airport for the Disabled

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar

New Phuket Intl Airport for the Disabled

I just used the new HKT International Terminal and a few comments for those who are mobility impaired.

1. Access from the carpark is difficult.
    This first part of the journey is the most difficult as you don't have wheelchair service yet.
    There is broken road to start and very high kerbs to climb over.

2. Unless you are flying Thai (upfront) it is a long way from the entrance to the check-in desks - very spread out.
    There are no chairs in the check-in area so if you have to send someone to your check-in counter to get your pre-booked wheelchair you have to find something to lean against as you stop and prop.

Suggestion - some seats and wheelchairs available at the Entrance.

Compliments to Jetstar who, when I informed them I could not climb stairs (as advised when booking) changed the departure lounge to one with a skybridge!
    Outstanding.!
    Once you enter their wheelchair service it is V.I.P. all the way there and back.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    ^Good for you Baz, Although not disabled myself I will thoroughly recommend them (Jetstar)...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Was it mayhem out front as M26 said?
    I havent found that at all ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Was it mayhem out front as M26 said?
    I havent found that at all ...
    This was domestic?
    I think Baz was International?

I wouldn't say it was mayhem.......just not pleasant at all, but they are renovating so obviously had to do with that

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    ^^^^
    As above.
    The wheelchair guy had a sneaky way out to the carpark and took me to car.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I also used the International at Phuket yesterday .
    As Zab said , there are plenty of chairs along the windows just inside the doors but that is it ! Ques to check-ins were quite long especially for the luggage scans before getting to the Check-ins.
    As for the spread out check-ins , yes i agree ! Would be almost half the length of Swampys !

As for the Immi section , there is longer the very long ques at all of the counters ! What they now do , is have one extremely long que snaking the full length o the room (at least 6 ) until you get to the front. Then its only about 6-8 people per booth .
    Sounds horrendous , however the line did move quite freely and was surprised how fast i did get through ! Personally , i found it much better !Having said that , as in Zabs case , i would have hated it !

Once through all of that and actually into the Departure lounge, It is quite spacious and feels uncrowded. Heaps of food and shops over 2 levels (also have lifts or elevators for those that need them ) .

Something i did find very unusual, was the smokers area (for those that smoke ) . A very large open area , that also had a cafe and 2 other food shops inside that area . Unfortunately, I wanted to grab a bite to eat from Subways , and this was outside in this area ! So if you are a non smoker and wish to eat that , you have to run THAT gauntlet 555. Wasn't too bad , as the smokers are further over , but wouldn't like to be standing in a long que for service!

Only took the one photo there and is of inside the Departure lounge .
    Departures.jpg

Hmm can't seem to get that pic to turn up straight grrr. Yes changed it on my comp !
    Last edited by Gazmac; 25th November 2016 at 12:12.
    Sydney and Minder like this.
    !qq!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Is this an improvement?

Welcome back 555

Departures.jpg
    Life is the unexpected ...

^^^^^ yes and Thanks ! See you soon ! 555
    !qq!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Went to pick up my MIL and stepson today.
    Chaos again in Domestic Terminal
    Takes about 15mins to just get your car in. .
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes i came in through there on my way to Patong ! Its a horrible experience at the moment ! You think its bad enough inside with all the diversions for construction work , then you get outside ! Was always bad , but now it's just caos !
    !qq!

Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Ref previous posts on construction... an update in The Nation today

Years since I've been through this airport ... who's next can report back

Phuket airport opens new section of domestic terminal
    November 24, 2017
    Phuket airport’s domestic terminal has opened another section to cope with the high tourist season.
    The expansion will offer more convenience to both departing and arriving passengers, with a more spacious check-in area, more check-in counters and better organised pick-up and drop-off points

The south section, which has been serving as the domestic terminal, will be closed for renovation.
    The drop-off points for departures will be on the second floor of the platform while the pick-up point for arrivals will be on the first floor. Personal vehicles can park in the five-storeyed parking building in front of the domestic terminal.

The security screening for luggage and belongings has been upgraded using a Terminal Screening system while the conventional X-Ray machine as well as Walk Through Metal Detector have been installed at the newly opened section.