Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: The New Vehicles around LOS Thread

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    If you have never seen this you should watch.

And most know I have been a Toyota fan for years......Would I buy one nooooooooo.
    I drive rangers mostly and I love them but not blind to the high cost of ownership well until they added 5 year warranty with fixed price servicing now that is hard to beat.
    But Value for money here will be (Australllllia) Triton GLX the basic of the basic all be it with 4x4 on the fly p/windows keyless entry apple car play 2.4 TD all for 33k in the run out MQ model will only be a few months and the new model will end up with the same aggressive pricing. (It is really really nice prob the best Triton EVVVER)
    If you have not driven one its well worth it because there is not 20 odd k difference in drive between it and a Hilux or a Ranger.
    Now I know there are others like the D-Max or the Colorado or V dub or the over priced peice of shet Merc (dual cabs) I left out the Navara just because everyone one should.5555
    But the others are unable to stand up to the 3 year test....(Go drive a 3 year old in the model before you but a new one.)
    crispy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Use to...i heard they stopped making them years ago but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Nice strong powerplant for towing but i'd go for the 2.2L.
    They have not said but now that the new Bi turbo 2.0 is coming on line in PXlll it might spell the demise of the 3.2 especially as emissions are being made tighter.
    Towing laws in AUstralia are getting tighter so it is well advised to know your stuff when you hitch up because 3 ton or 3.5 ton towing is very misleading without delving into the payload restrictions.

Cadet Gold
    Wow thats a pretty radical video ,as for your question wabbits the ones i have looked at are all the 2.2 model and i have to say i made an error the vehicle with 480,000km is advertised for 350,000 bt but i still rekon hes dreaming
    wabbits likes this.

^^It is now imagine how stable A Hilux is when used as they are in LOS....
    crispy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    I watched that video 4 times that is absolutely shocking and thats only around 60kmh imagine at 80 + scary .

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    If you have never seen this you should watch.
    And most know I have been a Toyota fan for years......Would I buy one nooooooooo.
    The issue has been fixed so it seems, here is the newer video

BTW I drive a Toyota Prado, so may be a little biased towards the brand.
    Last edited by Chilli; 11th March 2019 at 19:22.
    wabbits and crispy like this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    I watched that video 4 times that is absolutely shocking and thats only around 60kmh imagine at 80 + scary .

^ If you browse the Toyota Sweden website there is no mention of VSC on the Hilux. VSC is standard across the range for Fortuner and Hilux's in Australia
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    ^ If you browse the Toyota Sweden website there is no mention of VSC on the Hilux. VSC is standard across the range for Fortuner and Hilux's in Australia
    Does not fix the issue unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    The issue has been fixed so it seems, here is the newer video

BTW I drive a Toyota Prado, so may be a little biased towards the brand.
    I worked in a Toyota dealership for years and think Toyota are good products better than most but they have their issues like other brands.
    We should not be blind to them...Like the previous model of Ford Focus OMG Ford fecked up with that transmission.....
    If you are a HIlux or Prado owner this is interesting...
    https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/...x-fault-118750

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I worked in a Toyota dealership for years and think Toyota are good products better than most but they have their issues like other brands.
    We should not be blind to them...Like the previous model of Ford Focus OMG Ford fecked up with that transmission.....
    If you are a HIlux or Prado owner this is interesting...
    https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/...x-fault-118750
    Yeah I know about the dust issue, but it's an easy fix and only really matters if you drive in very very dust conditions often.

Good idea as you said for people to research their cars, as just about every car has it own little issues, or as the italians auto manufacturers call it character
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    Just had a peruse on the bt 50 dual cabs for sale in thailand i saw one and it was a private seller it had 478,000 km on it and he was asking 435,000bt ,well i know there is a section for thai dreamers here and i rekon he should become part of it , for the aussies here the classic phrase from the castle "tell him he's dreaming " .
    While you do get the car for sale here thats got tiny kms for its age - theres plenty of dreamers selling stuff here as well.
    You wonder what happens to the item after a long while advertised.

But the biggest dreamers here are those who are looking for somebody to take over their payments.
    Many a Thai finances themselves into a corner , then wants full consideration for every baht theyve paid out.
    So much so that their financed second hand car works out costing more than a new car.. !!

Cadet Gold
    Hi chob yes i have seen that sometimes pay me x ammount and take over payments on a car i may have thrashed the guts out of but i want you to buy it of me uurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fail , there is no way in the world i would even consider that if i was to buy a car washing machine kettle whatever it is cash no finance no BS .
    If as i have work out the ammount they say the car is advertised for and do the maths over i think its 72 months repayments ,my god the car works out at double the original price or more ,the sight i have been looking at vehicles on is one2car and on every vehicle apart from private sales they have these calculations ,0 bt down payment take car now every profession good you can see how it happens .

My wife used to have a friend in nong khai who worked for a repo dealer people would get sweet f/a for the item car ,bike ,machinery ect ,tuk would show us some of the vehicles and gear they had i think she even bought a repoed scooter .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    In Australia there is a Government Web site where you can check if there is Finance owing on Cars etc ..... do they have anything like this in Thailand ?

Early seventies Toyota Corolla I saw in Chiang Rai.......................

A Nissan Figaro I saw in Chiang Rai.............................

wabbits likes this.

A few cars I saw in Nan on a rally, I think most are from Chiang Mai...........................

I was told that this Citroen had no original running gear, underneath it was a complete Honda Integra including Engine/Transmission and suspension/brakes...............the car looked very original from a walk around...............

wabbits likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    In Australia there is a Government Web site where you can check if there is Finance owing on Cars etc ..... do they have anything like this in Thailand ?
    Not that Im aware of..

A Nissan Figaro I saw in Chiang Rai.............................

So ugly its beautiful..Shades of the current c series Merc if you squint.5555
    Quarky likes this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910