Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Pattaya Hotels (and a few other questions)

Cadet silver

Pattaya Hotels (and a few other questions)

Howdy

I've 90% decided that i'm going to head to Pattaya when I arrive in Thailand in a little over a weeks time.

Seemingly, it's pretty straight forward to get from the airport to Pattaya. Though, i'm not sure which way i'll do it.

Taxi/Bus/Private transfer etc etc? If anyone has any recommendations and what to look out for (and what not). What it should cost etc.

Hotels in Pattaya? Wouldn't mind keeping the price reasonable (so probably no 5*). Where to stay? I'm a walker so I don't mind a short-medium walk to all the hot spots. Would prefer not to have blazing music raging out right next to my hotel. Not a mega beach person so don't have to be right on the beach. I do like a pool though so a hotel with one is preferable (almost essential). Assume most hotels in Pattaya will be GF?

I've not yet decided whether I should stay 3 days or 6. I'm planning on taking a trip to Buriram (to see some friends) the following Monday (i arrive Tue lunchtime in Bangkok). If 3 days (Tue-Thur) , i'll head over to Phuket for 3 days (Friday-Monday). Lot of running around though for a 2 week trip so I may jsut settle in one place for a week.

I've been to Phuket (Patong) a couple of times before. Re the bars/go go's. Is it a similar vibe in Pattaya?

Finally, apologies for all the questions. I know all of the answers will be on this site somewhere. Hell I've probably read some of them a few months back but it's just easier (lazier mind 555) to wrap them up in 1 thread.
    Bacon likes this.

I like Intimate Hotel... and also Sea Me Spring Two...

Pretty central so close to all areas of Pattaya... everything withing walking distance...
    chiefbrody likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    A good value hotel with a large pool is the Mercure Pattaya Hotel. In a quiet Soi behind 2nd Road, and central to most places. You are given plenty of hotel options in Pattaya and prices can vary greatly.
    Mercure Pattaya Hotel, Pattaya Central, Thailand - Booking.com
    chiefbrody likes this.

There is also the Accommodation in Pattaya thread... 55
    chiefbrody likes this.

Cadet silver
    ^^^
    Not been a post in there for years!

Maybe nobody goes to Pattaya any more lol.

Checked out a few and just booked Tims Intimate (blaming Distantpeak if it's naff 555) for 3 (got 5 nights free but have just done 3 for now in case I don't get on with Pattaya 555) nights. Price came down a touch from the other day so 3 nights (inc breakfast) for under 150 doesn't seem too bad.

Re getting to Pattaya. Anyone used Bell Travel Service? Google reviews seem to say it's ok/reliable etc.
    Quarky and Bacon like this.

^I just grab a taximeter at the airport...

Intimate is a good location. LK Metro right behind you... 10 mins walk to Walking Street. I like the rooms...
    chiefbrody likes this.

Platinum
    Manita Boutique Hotel.

You won't have to walk far!
    chiefbrody likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I usually stay at April suites. It's pretty nice and central to everything, literally close to Central Road and has a rooftop pool and bar. August suites is also very popular. It's on the corner of Central and Second. Anything on Second or Beach is generally ok though, as long as you like it and it's reasonably priced. That's the baht bus circuit, so you can go from Soi 6 to Walking Street and back in no time.

I've stayed a couple of times at P.72 as well on WS. If you book into their new wing at the back you'll have a quiet night's sleep. Having that much sin and debauchery right on your doorstep the second you walk out of your hotel at night is exhilarating.

Taxi will set you back around the 1500 baht mark. I'd probably just grab one from the desk and not worry about the 200-300 baht you might save on the meter. Their cars tend to be much nicer and more comfortable as well.

As for your length of stay in Pattaya, you can aim for 3, but try not to make any definite plans in case you change your mind. Pattaya has a way of making you want to stay.

General vibes can be similar, but Pattaya is a whole different animal. Patong can't hold a candle to Pattaya. Make sure you check out Soi 6 as well. Drop into Sexy and the City and talk to the manager, AJ. He's a tall, skinny American dude. He's very experienced and loves helping out Pattaya newbies with questions and directions. Install the Line app and ask him to add you to the Pattaya group when you're there. There usually tend to be upwards of a hundred people or more in that channel and everyone's always happy to help or catch up for a few drinks. A lot of crawls are organised through it, so it's worth getting in there. It's only for people on the ground though, so make sure you quit the room when you fly out as the chat room can only hold a certain number of people.

Also check out LK Metro for daytime gogos and then there's WS as well. It's basically Bangla, but tightly packed and goes for a good kilometer and a bit.

Ask as many questions as you need here. No issues with starting discussions afresh. I know some of this info becomes obsolete pretty quickly. And once you're there start another thread for your trip and post any questions you have on the go. You'll have answers pretty quickly here.
    Last edited by Bacon; 5th April 2017 at 12:58.
    chiefbrody likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Cadet silver
    Thanks for the informative post. Appreciated.

Been having a google here and there and the area does look a bit of a monster!

Quick zoom in on google maps and there's zillions of places. I might not even make it to the Beach 555

Did a quick google on LK Metro and hastily found the Devils Den VIP Bus. 14000 THB. Ouch!

5 more days till departure. Getting a tad excited 555
    Quarky, PeteGill and Bacon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefbrody View Post
    Thanks for the informative post. Appreciated.

Been having a google here and there and the area does look a bit of a monster!

Quick zoom in on google maps and there's zillions of places. I might not even make it to the Beach 555

Did a quick google on LK Metro and hastily found the Devils Den VIP Bus. 14000 THB. Ouch!

5 more days till departure. Getting a tad excited 555
    Nice. I always get a buzz from other people's excitement as well 55.

You won't even begin to scratch the surface of Pattaya on your first trips(or the next 5). Don't plan too much and don't worry about seeing everything. Soi 6, Walking Street and LK Metro are the biggies. There's drinking street as well, which is similar to Soi Freedom(old Soi Eric in Phuket). You mostly find all the farm fresh girls there.

Pattaya seems pretty big(and it is), but it has a lot jam packed into it, and it's very easy to get around when there. Like I said, just about everything revolves around a couple of streets. Similar setup to Phuket, so you won't find the layout all that different.

Here's the latest map for you.

Last edited by Bacon; 6th April 2017 at 14:14.
    chiefbrody likes this.

Platinum
    As everyone here says it is like Phuket on a massive dose of steroids. You won't be able to see all the areas but here is a list of some which I like.

Walking Street. Many high profile Go-Gos and some beer bars as well as discos (Ibar and Insomnia, 808 etc.). I like Bamboo Bar by the entrance to WS which is a good place for freelance MILF threesomes. Pop in and say hello to Mr Egg (Phil the manager) at Le Pub on Soi Diamond. It isn't the same since X Zone closed!

The Pattaya Beer Garden on the right at the beginning of WS (overlooking the sea) is a good place for a pre WS beer.

LK Metro. A number of Go-Gos and beer bars. Other beer bars and massage parlours nearby in Soi Paradise and Chaiyapom. I like Amon massage opposite Triangle Bar. If you want to see Pattaya United play speak to Adam at Cherry Bar on Soi Diana (opposite Papagayo).

Soi 6. Not as good as it was as everyone says about everywhere! AJ is a good man to see. But just go up and down until you see something that takes your fancy. If you do speak to AJ could you ask where Mai/May has gone?

Other areas include:

The Darkside (a large area East of the railway where there are no street lights). More populated by expats.

Drinking Street on Soi 2. Fuller figured ladies apparently.

Soi Bongkot. 10 minutes from LK Metro with five Gentlemens Clubs (a misnomer if there ever was one).

Bush Mountain. It's a different vibe! There's a thread on her mainly about Ian Forbes's travels/photos with some detail about it!

Beach Road. From Walking Street to Soi 6 down the beach front a large number of freelancers (not attached to bars) offer themselves for ST (or Long Time- LT). I met my best girl ever there - she's married and living in Cork now.

Ban Chang. A village about 30 minutes drive from Pattaya. Go with an organised tour for the afternoon. A sort of low key Soi 6.

Enjoy and write a TR (trip report).
    Quarky, PeteGill, Rivo and 4 others like this.

I quite like the Soi 7/8 area as well... and also the various Sois that come off Second Rd...

It's never-ending Chief... you could have a mountain of fun and not go more than 100m from your hotel.. 55
    chiefbrody likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    My two favourites from my recent trip were Kinnaree Place, very laid back and enjoyable afternoon venue with great food thrown in and Sapphire on Soi 15 just off Walking Street... As the song says... There are a lot of nice girls there....

Where to stay, the choce is endless as the Bhat bus puts most placec within easy reach..

And as CP says, The Pataya Beer Garden is a great place to start off the evening on Walking Street, food is good and a nice view over the ocean.
    chiefbrody likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    ^^Ocean? never noticed.. 555

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    ^^Ocean? never noticed.. 555
    Pete must mean that big dirty puddle with all the rubbish in it.
    PeteGill and chiefbrody like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I was impressed at how clean the water was during my recent visit. I'd say water visibility is almost half a metre now! 555
    Bacon and chiefbrody like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I was impressed at how clean the water was during my recent visit. I'd say water visibility is almost half a metre now! 555
    you actually put your head under the water at a beach in Pattaya?.....you are a braver man than me Khun Rockitt....
    Rockitt, Bacon and chiefbrody like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    OK then, a good view across the bay 555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    Manita Boutique Hotel.
    I always thought that this was a superb name for a Pattaya Hotel...555
    Cashpoint likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    you actually put your head under the water at a beach in Pattaya?.....you are a braver man than me Khun Rockitt....
    Haha, yes well I did go in for a quick dip at the north end of the beach. Mouth closed tightly and holding my nose. 555
    PeteGill likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast