• 2 Post By Tingtong
  • 1 Post By Tingtong
  • 2 Post By MarcTwoSix
  • 6 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 2 Post By chelski

Thread: Thailand Travel Stories: A report by all

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Thailand Travel Stories: A report by all

This is a trip report that all members can contribute to. Sometimes its just too hard to post a full report or you just cannot be bothered especially if its the same old stuff.

So in this trip report anyone can post but it is in the general area so it is public information.

It may be a few days of a trip, a week or even just some place you went that was interesting.

Keep it clean.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Ok, back in March I was up the village, enjoying a quiet afternoon out the back of the house having a smoke and a Whisky & ice when the daughter awoke from her afternoon nap. Me, being the responsible parent, attended to my duty and picked up said infant and proceeded to locate the mother. Anyway i walked out to the soi and immediately found myself in a situation i wish to avoid in future.
    There on the street where half the population of my neighborhood waiving and gesticulating in front of my FIL, holy shit I thought, there must be some boxing going on! The old (young) fella had a blood soaked towel pressed against his mellon , people tried to tell me what happened, one of the nephews stormed up in his car and the wife, FIL and a few others accelerated of into the distance. Fuck me.

The end.
    Changone and Tingtong like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    people tried to tell me what happened,
    So what did they tell you happened?

And what actually happened? 55
    Quarky likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Oh sorry about that, I stood there scratching my head for a bit then one of the cousins told me that FIL had ridden the family salang into the dam down the end of the soi and smacked his head fairly hard, no helmet of course. By the time I got to the accident site the young fellas just about had the thing out of the dam and on the road thanks to oldmate and his tractor and snatch strap.
    The whole bike had been submersed but the lads drained all the fluids, dried it out and had it going again after a couple of days.

I carried on to the local hospital where FIL was getting stitches, they did not keep him overnight for observation but they did give him a few pills for the pain. We took him home and put him to bed. Two days it was back to the hospital and this time they kept him in for three days, swelling and in a fair amount of pain.

i think he must have been fully drunk to leave the road where he did, that should learn him...

Anyway never a dull day in the village and I understand he is OK now. He doesn't drink much or not that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Oh sorry about that, I stood there scratching my head for a bit then one of the cousins told me that FIL had ridden the family salang into the dam down the end of the soi and smacked his head fairly hard, no helmet of course. By the time I got to the accident site the young fellas just about had the thing out of the dam and on the road thanks to oldmate and his tractor and snatch strap.
    The whole bike had been submersed but the lads drained all the fluids, dried it out and had it going again after a couple of days.

I carried on to the local hospital where FIL was getting stitches, they did not keep him overnight for observation but they did give him a few pills for the pain. We took him home and put him to bed. Two days it was back to the hospital and this time they kept him in for three days, swelling and in a fair amount of pain.

i think he must have been fully drunk to leave the road where he did, that should learn him...

Anyway never a dull day in the village and I understand he is OK now. He doesn't drink much or not that I have seen.
    Glad he was not to bad. was wondering when the rest of the story would come back.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Love a good "Two part" story with the end in the middle. Whisky you say?....5555
    Quarky likes this.

Its been a few weeks back home now since my last trip so let’s rewind a month.

Was 5 of us this trip, me, the wife and some friends that had never been to Thailand before. My buddy Pete and his girl are Bali travellers so were looking forward to a change. Our single friend Dave well it was his first trip to an Asian country so he was in for a culture shock.
    We got a good deal on an Air Asia sale return trips Perth to Bangkok $340 AUD with carry on luggage. Best deal I have had so far to Bangkok. We landed in DMK around 3pm in the afternoon man immigration was bad took 2.5 hours to get out of the airport. Finally arrived at our hotel late afternoon.

The last few years I been trying out a few different hotels this trip we stayed at Dawin. Sukhumvit Bangkok Hotel Thailand, Boutique, Small Luxury Budget hotel near BTS Nana Skytrain
    For those that haven’t stayed at Dawin before it is in a great location near everything you need but far enough away from too much noise. The place is very clean and modern. The staff are great and we were able to leave some of our luggage we didn’t need for two weeks in the storeroom. The roof top pool was a nice place to chill out in the afternoons although a bit shallow not that mattered. The cost was good for what you get around 2000TB a night. Dawin has a restaurant café out the front, our friends had western style breakfast and more than happy with it. Wife and I didn’t eat at Dawin we ate Thai food up the road at the street side place. I’m a bit of a coffee snob and the coffee at Dawin was good.
    Tingtong likes this.

Hat Yai trip, 20 years ago.

Went down to Hat Yai to renew the visa. Took me 2-3 hours to cross the border and return. Had about 3-4 hours to kill before the bus time, so I asked the MB, 'Brother, anything fun to do in town?' The MB took me to a cafe where the fish were very fresh, but the price was beyond my reach. So I asked the MB brother to take me to cheaper place, and so he did. There, I got a very cheap fish for only 50 Baht.

The end.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    ^ Exciting stuff GG, did the fish plate have anything on the side ?
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    ^ I think "fish" is code for BG 555
    OZZYGUY and Cuzzy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    ^ Exciting stuff GG, did the fish plate have anything on the side ?
    A Chang maybe.........

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I just realised I have taken someone (my Girlfriend) to a P4P area.

Some years back My Girlfriend from here and I went for a Holiday in Kata Beach . On our last day we had to book out of our Hotel the "Kata Palm" at 10.00 am but our Jetstar flight didnt leave untill 21.30 so we had all day to kill and we were "homeless" 55

So I thought lets go rent a cheap guesthouse for the day to leave our stuff and have a shower and relax before the flight. 'good idea' No! 55 . We stayed at the Expat in Patong as my girl wanted to go shopping, Big mistake .

Id stayed there before and forgot how sleezy it really is. At the Expat they leave condoms on the fridge for you to buy and when she spotted this she said "so how do you know about this place, didnt you stay here before?" 555 It also didnt help that there were BG's in and out of the place all day and other goings on's 5555.

Did a bit of creative bullshitting and got through it with my balls still under my pecker.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I think my 2nd time in Thailand
    I went to Qbar and met this really hot University girl
    She slept at my hotel but wouldn't let me bang her....

Anyways, a bar closure night rolls around and she comes by the hotel with her friend and we went to a nice Italian place for dinner and they said since everything is closed we can go bowling and they have beers
    The bowling alley was packed! And really fun
    Her friend suggests we go to her bf's place............
    We roll up and it is this massive penthouse.............just huge! The guy is a Jewish gems dealer or something, he goes into his room and comes out with a pillow case sized bag of weed! Most weed I ever seen in one time

For a relative newbie thinking it was going to be a quiet night, it was pretty memorable

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Ok
    So this isn't Thai travel related but Thai related.

Ao had been in Vancouver for about 4 months. We went out for a great steakhouse dinner and got home about 12am and we're watching TV in bed while she talked to her best friend in Thailand.
    Usually shit, her BF is being an asshole, same Thai drama

She gets off the phone and says "I'm so lucky I have a good life in Canada"
    But as she was saying that I went to fart and shit my pants!! I hopped out of bed over her into the toilet.
    I come out and she is scrubbing the mattress.

And I asked her. "How is that great life in Canada going?" 5555
    chelski and Tingtong like this.

^That should never be shared on a forum you disgusting bed-shitter!

So did you manage to crap on Ao as you climbed over her? ..55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Hmmm....memo to self...... finish eating brekky first before reading here.!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

What a great small town.

Weekend before last we went to Phayao for the weekend for a mountain biking comp. (details in cycling thread). I never been to Phayao was a really nice place and a place I would like to rent a motor bike and take the missus next trip.

My Malay buddy Nelson and I rented a Toyota Hilux out of Chiang mai and headed to Phayao on Saturday morning. Took just under 3 hours and Nels had been there before so he did the driving. Man that dude was scary they must drive the same in KL as the Thais do. The normal stuff overtaking on corners and excessive speed. I opted to drive back on Sunday.

We arrived in Phayao at lunch time Saturday had a nice feed on the lake and spotted a few bars that we would check out later this evening. We headed off after lunch to find a place to stay. Plenty of hotels around and most around 500tb. The place we stayed (sorry cannot remember the name) was 450tb including morning coffee and 2 minute noodles. A lot of cyclists were in town for the Thai national serries and our hotel was full of them. We headed out to the Phayao university for awhile then back to our rooms. Later that evening headed down to the lake area, found a bar and settling in with a few beer towers and some food. The staff didn't talk English in the bar that was a bit of a surprise but Nels talks pretty good Thai so no issue. Some rather good looking local girls hanging out in and around the bar for a good view. I don't think they were BG's just regular girls.

Sunday morning we headed to the race event and later in the afternoon I drove back to Chiang mai. In all my travels this was my first time driving a car in Asia. Have ridden plenty of motor bikes but not a car.

Enjoyed my weekend in Phayao and will be back for sure.

Quarky, PeteGill, Rivo and 3 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I just realised I have taken someone (my Girlfriend) to a P4P area.

Some years back My Girlfriend from here and I went for a Holiday in Kata Beach . On our last day we had to book out of our Hotel the "Kata Palm" at 10.00 am but our Jetstar flight didnt leave untill 21.30 so we had all day to kill and we were "homeless" 55

So I thought lets go rent a cheap guesthouse for the day to leave our stuff and have a shower and relax before the flight. 'good idea' No! 55 . We stayed at the Expat in Patong as my girl wanted to go shopping, Big mistake .

Id stayed there before and forgot how sleezy it really is. At the Expat they leave condoms on the fridge for you to buy and when she spotted this she said "so how do you know about this place, didnt you stay here before?" 555 It also didnt help that there were BG's in and out of the place all day and other goings on's 5555.

Did a bit of creative bullshitting and got through it with my balls still under my pecker.
    Won't name the place, but stayed in Patong at the same place twice, nice place, same things with the condoms (but next to the bed). That was not a problem, but what I did see when I was having breakfast, was departing BG's looking in the register when they got their ID cards back in the morning to check who else had been in the same room while their punter had been staying there. Some left looking very very angry 55555 and never seen again. 555555

BTW, it was my GF who 1st took me to Thailand. Something she very soon regretted, 12hrs after we arrived in Krabi.
    Apparently I decided to try and drink Ao Nang dry of Singha (after I had dropped her back to the hotel at 9.30pm), had a hard job making it home to my hotel and then the next moring, being greeted by my 1st name by numerous people before we got to the main road, who I had no idea of meeting before (including some Thai Lady) driving past my hotel at 11am in the morning who shouted out "Hi Mr Steve, how your head this morning". All the brownie points I had got back for fronting up for breakfast and agreeing to go out for the day were very very quickly cancelled 555

There is a post somewhere on this site about what happened. She was not amused, but is now more tolerant as the years have gone one 55555.

Here it is I managed to find it, go down to post 5.
    http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...htm#post113335

Always book a room with a big couch so if you are late home and do not want to wake her. Sleep on it.
    That way, if she does not wake up when you come in the room, and get questioned why are you on the couch. Blame your GF for snoring and that you could not sleep and had to get up and sleep on the couch. How would she know any different, she was asleep 555
    Last edited by chelski; 13th July 2017 at 01:40.
    OZZYGUY and Tingtong like this.