• 1 Post By GGrass
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By Tingtong
  • 1 Post By Bacon
  • 1 Post By Tingtong
  • 1 Post By crispy

Thread: Submarine or Garbage trucks?

Submarine or Garbage trucks?

If Thailand can spend 13000 million Baht on a single submarine from China, I think it should be able to afford a fleet of properly working garbage trucks. Every morning I am appalled by the foul smell on the road left behind by the 30 years old garbage trucks. Normally I have high regards for the Thai people and how they run their country, but when I smell the morning air after the garbage truck passes by, I lose all my respect. If they are OK with their garbage trucks spilling dirty water all over their streets, then perhaps they deserve to have a stinking government.

BUT, nobody deserves to live in a pile of garbage and everyone has the right to breath clean air. So I am pleading to the generals, please spare some change that you have left over from the submarine deal on purchasing and maintaining proper garbage trucks. Thank you.
    Last edited by GGrass; 25th April 2017 at 12:08.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Curious as to where they take the rubbish, Do they have proper waste stations or Tips in LOS?
    I remember seeing something on tv that blew my mind a few years back.....Barges full of rubbish being towed out of New York and dumping the garbage into the ocean .

Most of the garbage end up in land fills... for instance, Lad Kra Bang used to be a favorite destination for garbage. Before, there used to be MOUNTAIN of garbage, but now there's Moobans and commercial buildings.
    Tingtong likes this.

Chiang Mai has western-style compactor garbage trucks although moobans appear to do the door-to-door collection and use the local truck on a bi-weekly basis. No idea where the landfill is.

One good thing about this system is the garbage is sorted before compaction and dumping. Recyclables are separated out and sold to other collection depots.

No doubt it comes down to allocation and use of provincial funds. Around here road works, repairs and general maintenance of infrastructure is pretty good.

GG ... go talk to your Amphur office and ask what they spend their Government funding on. 555
    Cuzzy likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    I've seen the sh1t being dumped into ditches up by Chumphae. That and concrete trucks flushing the bowls out into the same places.

However I agree with GGrass...
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

To be fair, Thailand handles garbage pretty well. I'm not complaining too much about that. Compared to neighboring countries, such as Vietnam, Thailand is WAY ahead on cleanliness. But I am not very happy with how the government is spending the money. 13000 MILLION on ONE submarine? Come on... who's gonna benefit from having ONE submarine?? 13000 million is more than enough money to buy brand new garbage trucks for the 7000+ tambons in the whole country. EVERYONE will appreciate it, not just a handful of stars in the barracks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    I've seen the sh1t being dumped into ditches up by Chumphae. That and concrete trucks flushing the bowls out into the same places.

However I agree with GGrass...
    Yes but that's lazy Thai's with little or no education and almost nil litter laws. Same happens in Chiang Mai with engine oil and waste chemicals going into drains which flow to the Ping river. Old-style mooban behind ours burn plastic waste, or used to until a fire ban 5k bt fine was introduced ... that stopped the burning so now they toss raw garbage into the khlong ... which flows to the Ping river. There's a village waste collection bin just 30m from the offending party.

Worst country I've seen for waste mis-use is Indonesia. Thailand is 1000 times better at waste handling.

Submarine is necessary .... coz the Navy said so! You don't need to know why. 555
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Where do they park their shiny new Sub? Not down at the Navy Base at Hua Hin I hope. The Rust from the rest of the Rusty Fleet of Ships might get on their new toy. Any one checked out The Navy base there ?
    Bacon likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    To be fair, Thailand handles garbage pretty well. I'm not complaining too much about that. Compared to neighboring countries, such as Vietnam, Thailand is WAY ahead on cleanliness. But I am not very happy with how the government is spending the money. 13000 MILLION on ONE submarine? Come on... who's gonna benefit from having ONE submarine?? 13000 million is more than enough money to buy brand new garbage trucks for the 7000+ tambons in the whole country. EVERYONE will appreciate it, not just a handful of stars in the barracks!
    I just googled it. That's 383 million US for a Chinese piece of crap! The amount of good that money could have done being invested in their people's future. Men are really dumb fucking creatures. Not that any other country is different. Such a fucked up, insane species we are. Sigh..
    1080 likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    ^^ wait to it starts leaking, then they will have to spend lots more fixing it all the time ..

Ohh wait, didn't that happen to our subs .. 555

Ohh wait wait .... even our latest 50 billion dollars worth of (french) subs have a leak ( of a different kind )
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

^ Our latest Ships the Gov bought are already fucked, they have broken down and are stuck in port. No one can figure out why they wont go "Strewth"
    crispy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Heard last night they rekon it was dodgy oil ,imagine being the captain brand new vessel and its cactus be the laughing stock of the navy, reminds me a bit of the collins class when they were testing the firing systems saw a video and even the captain said a few choice words about it .
    Tingtong likes this.