Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Pools in the village

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Pools in the village

No....I'm not building a house in the village! 555

My stepson heading to the village for his school break and Ao will spend a few days there before coming here next week

And I was thinking, although not luxurious by any means, they have a nice country getaway to go to.

Then I was thinking if we ever did that I'd have no problem going up three for a couple of weeks, but only if we had a pool

Then I got thinking I've never seen a daring build a pool in the village

Would the soil there be able to handle an in ground Pool?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Plenty of shoddy pools around. Don't think I'd trust Thais to do a decent job with a concrete in ground pool... especially in the boonies.
    Zablive and Soupdragon like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Whats wrong with the river or dam.
    Zablive and Soupdragon like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Whats wrong with the river or dam.
    Full of all the slimy kreepy krawlies you don't find in a pool...555
    Rivo's mate was building a nice ranch with a heap of poolside villas for his pals...
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

^ think that went pear shape 55

Good luck with rivers and dams in March-April.
    Changone, Soupdragon and OZZYGUY like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Rivers, Lakes and Dams in Issan are full of pesticides...best not swim in them..nor drink or bathe in any water that comes from them
    Changone and OZZYGUY like this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    No....I'm not building a house in the village! 555

My stepson heading to the village for his school break and Ao will spend a few days there before coming here next week

And I was thinking, although not luxurious by any means, they have a nice country getaway to go to.
    I think you/they are missing something here ... young dudes going to another country should use every opportunely to live how the locals live, not in some nice country getaway

you should encourage for them to stay as rough as possible ... the rougher the better in my book .... the result is a true appreciation of what they have at home, taking everything we have for granted sometimes needs a good sharp poke, everyone should experience some rough 3rd world living a few times in their early life, its surprising how it can adjust outlooks and attitudes ..

Maybe i am jumping the gun here ? ... 555 wouldn't imagine the sister agreeing with me
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    I think you/they are missing something here ... young dudes going to another country should use every opportunely to live how the locals live, not in some nice country getaway

you should encourage for them to stay as rough as possible ... the rougher the better in my book .... the result is a true appreciation of what they have at home, taking everything we have for granted sometimes needs a good sharp poke, everyone should experience some rough 3rd world living a few times in their early life, its surprising how it can adjust outlooks and attitudes ..

Maybe i am jumping the gun here ? ... 555 wouldn't imagine the sister agreeing with me
    I think you misread my post entirely

It's my Thai stepson going to his village....

But I was talking about how I think it would be nice to have a getaway place like that if we ever lived in Thailand

I'd have no desire living like a local for seems
    And I'd be happy to spend a few weeks there but would need a pool
    Meaning myself

I think you misread my post entirely

It's my Thai stepson going to his village....

But I was talking about how I think it would be nice to have a getaway place like that if we ever lived in Thailand

I'd have no desire living like a local for seems
    And I'd be happy to spend a few weeks there but would need a pool
    Meaning myself
    hahaha .. yep its that bloody 6 inch screen again you are trying to type on, leaving words out, and making hard to understand ... i swear sometimes i have to read some of your posts a few times to get the true meaning ... at least thats what i am blaming it on in this instance

My stepson is heading back to his village

My stepson heading to the village for his school break

but i will confess ..... isn't the nephew going to LOS soon ? ... i think that might have being in the back of my mind

Ohh but i am 100% with you on this .... a pool would be a must have for me as well

Both my last two owned properties spanning 20 years have had a pool, now for the last 6 years no pool and its the one thing i miss the most ..... badly miss ..

I used my pools for cool downs all day long ... cut some lawns, jump in the pool, work on the car, jump in the pool ... 20 swims a day when its hot

People hate looking after and cleaning them ... i loved it, best chore of the house

Ohh but i am 100% with you on this .... a pool would be a must have for me as well

Both my last two owned properties spanning 20 years have had a pool, now for the last 6 years no pool and its the one thing i miss the most ..... badly miss ..

I used my pools for cool downs all day long ... cut some lawns, jump in the pool, work on the car, jump in the pool ... 20 swims a day when its hot

People hate looking after and cleaning them ... i loved it, best chore of the house
    In the village it would be two-fold
    To cool down and just something to sort of do.........hang out and read(maybe work) by the pool

Oh......my new phone is 6.2"!!!

Moo ban I lived in CM had a great pool. Around 40m long,wide and deep. It was always closed due to dirty water and some cracking etc
    One time they decided to repair the tiles so drained it then found they couldn't get the tiles. Pool closed for 3 months. TiT moment 55
    Gotta be really careful there as poor maintainence and tropical heat make them a breeding ground for all sorts of nasties.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    In Canada we have OTHER problems with unwanted "guests" in pools

In Thailand it might be a different visitor.

OZZYGUY likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    ^When living in Queensland we would get Cane toads swimming in the pool, you just can't drown those poisonous things.....yuukkk....
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Large snakes, including venomous ones, also enjoy swimming pools. I could post a few photos. 555

Leave the pool building to professionals building resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Moo ban I lived in CM had a great pool. Around 40m long,wide and deep. It was always closed due to dirty water and some cracking etc
    One time they decided to repair the tiles so drained it then found they couldn't get the tiles. Pool closed for 3 months. TiT moment 55
    Gotta be really careful there as poor maintainence and tropical heat make them a breeding ground for all sorts of nasties.
    My question was really if the soil can handle a pool

I know you usually have to fill in the land if you are going to build a house.

So I don't know how that would play with a pool

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    ^When living in Queensland we would get Cane toads swimming in the pool, you just can't drown those poisonous things.....yuukkk....
    Scoop them up, put them in a container and spray them with Detol - works a treat, even the generic brand stuff !

My question was really if the soil can handle a pool

I know you usually have to fill in the land if you are going to build a house.

So I don't know how that would play with a pool
    From a building logic, the base soil would be the only part you would need compacted and solid, silmilar to the base or groundwork for your house .

The walls of the pool wouldn't be a issue, there main strength is tied in with the concrete floor, we used to back-fill around the pools we worked on with just sand

So given a decent compacted base for the floor to sit on, no problem

Bigger problem would be keeping the local kids out of it ...555
    Zablive likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    From a building logic, the base soil would be the only part you would need compacted and solid, silmilar to the base or groundwork for your house .

The walls of the pool wouldn't be a issue, there main strength is tied in with the concrete floor, we used to back-fill around the pools we worked on with just sand

So given a decent compacted base for the floor to sit on, no problem

Bigger problem would be keeping the local kids out of it ...555
    Yeah and the kids using it for their ablutions.
    I doubt it would suit an OCD persons requirements.

It is also important to allow the concrete to mature before tiling - something Thais are not good at 555!
    Last edited by Zablive; 6th October 2017 at 13:56.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post

It is also important to allow the concrete to mature before tiling - something Thais are not good at 555!
    Yeah exactly, minimum 28 days to get over shrinkage and movement, although this can be longer depending weather temps, slump of concrete

Ohh and whilst we are helping M26 to build his dream pool in the village ..... spray water on the concrete every day to help cure slowly
    Last edited by Sydney; 6th October 2017 at 14:25.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast