Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Getting a Thai Sim Card in BKK (airport pick up) for my iphone.

Cadet silver
    ^^^
    Yup. I'm not a techy but all my apps should work when I put a Thai sim in.

Not bothered about my phone number. Even my old man (and he's 80) contacts me on Messenger now.

Messenger, Whats App and Line (for my Eastern friends 555) is all i'll be using out there. Checking emails too I guess.

One other thing. Apparently i've allowed my mum (who has an iphone/ipad) to track my whereabouts, wherever I am around the world (she gets worried when I travel, bless her 555) via the iphone friends thing (or whatever it is).

Assume this is via the phone, rather than sim, and will still be working when I swap sims.

Not that i'm bothered mind but I did wonder what she'd say when I was walking up and down walking street in Pattaya back in April 555.

She doesn't know much about Thailand though so I guess it's ok.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefbrody View Post
    ^^^

One other thing. Apparently i've allowed my mum (who has an iphone/ipad) to track my whereabouts, wherever I am around the world (she gets worried when I travel, bless her 555) via the iphone friends thing (or whatever it is).

Assume this is via the phone, rather than sim, and will still be working when I swap sims.

Not that i'm bothered mind but I did wonder what she'd say when I was walking up and down walking street in Pattaya back in April 555.

She doesn't know much about Thailand though so I guess it's ok.
    You were just checking out the temples and beaches, weren't you, Lots of those in Pattaya. 555

You can even send her pictures and selfies with a temple or beach background via Messenger or line. 55
    chiefbrody likes this.

Cadet silver
    Yeh that’s what i do. 555

If i get asked what Walking street is, i just say it’s a street that people walk on 55

7 days and counting...
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Cadet silver
    Ended up with an AIS sim. 499 Bht for 15 days (more than enough) for unlimited 4G. Says the speed is capped at 1mbps but it seems pretty quick. Typing this from the taxi on my way to the hotel. Bit of a delay in the Airport so later than i’d hoped.

By the time I get checked in and showered, it’ll be 10pm. Wouldn’t dream of going out this late back home 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Ended up with an AIS sim. 499 Bht for 15 days (more than enough) for unlimited 4G. Says the speed is capped at 1mbps but it seems pretty quick. Typing this from the taxi on my way to the hotel. Bit of a delay in the Airport so later than i’d hoped.

By the time I get checked in and showered, it’ll be 10pm. Wouldn’t dream of going out this late back home 5555
    still early
    Quarky, Rivo and chiefbrody like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

My wife landed at BKK last night at 12am

She said "there were a million of you guys" 5555
    And said I definitely should book the VIP which I will do this week when I get home
    chiefbrody likes this.

Cadet silver
    Soi 11 was heaving (with traffic anyway but lots of people) when we came down it 30 mins ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    My wife landed at BKK last night at 12am

She said "there were a million of you guys" 5555
    And said I definitely should book the VIP which I will do this week when I get home
    It was definitely a "shit show" near the airports. There were people everywhere and huge lineups. More Thais than tourists, but still lots of tourists. On my 3 km walk from the Chiang Mai airport to my apartment it was solid, bumper to bumper traffic creeping along at a snails pace. Even carrying and pulling my 40 kilos of luggage I was walking faster than much of the traffic. Tiring, but a bit of an "adventure"... just like I like it.

I discovered that the Thai SIM card I replaced in my cell phone (for the Canadian one), had expired. I somehow brought the wrong one to Thailand with me. I'll probably find the good one (with still a thousand baht worth of time on it) when I get home next April. I'll just have to buy a new one with a new number later on today when DTAC opens at the mall.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I'll just have to buy a new one with a new number later on today when DTAC opens at the mall.
    7/11 have them.

why wouldn't you get a taxi from the airport with 40 kilos of luggage?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    7/11 have them.

why wouldn't you get a taxi from the airport with 40 kilos of luggage?
    Simple, like I already said... I don't want to wait one and a half hours for a taxi when I can walk that distance.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Simple, like I already said... I don't want to wait one and a half hours for a taxi when I can walk that distance.
    i've never waited for an airport taxi at CM. usually a heap of them ready to go for a couple of dollars. much quicker than walking too if time is a problem.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    i've never waited for an airport taxi at CM. usually a heap of them ready to go for a couple of dollars. much quicker than walking too if time is a problem.
    Not last night. It was a total zoo. I've never seen that many people at the airport before and I've done that trip a hundred times. When I asked the girl what my number was she said 326 people ahead of me. But, with a few inconveniences, the walk did me good.

I have a DTAC happy sim, I kept topping it up to keep it active, then last trip found out that you can sms a code and for a few Thb off the load they extend the validity by some months! loi Krathong is the reason for the traffic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12