Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Hatari
  • 2 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By MarcTwoSix
  • 2 Post By Minder
  • 1 Post By Hatari

Thread: Salutes & Haircuts

Salutes & Haircuts

In moves certain to improve the country's economic slide, the introduction of new salutes and haircuts for the army and police ...

Salute, chest puff, head jerk ...

Haircuts in the approved style ...good news for barbers

The Royal Thai Police has issued an order instructing all police officers to dress properly and wear short haircuts.

In the urgent order signed on Wednesday (Nov 15) by Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda, all police officers on duties must dress properly and have short haircuts in accordance with the Prime Minister’s Office regulation on civil servants’ uniform and hair style.

The commissioner has also tightened grip on fat police to go diet or reduce their weights. Moreover, police are not suppose to wear moustache and beard for the good image of the organization.
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Brilliant , loving the new salute 555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ I'd like to see a platoon of Female Recruits do that salute...
    Quarky and Minder like this.

^ absolutely, nothing wrong with a chest-puffing woman in uniform...(if there is, someone let me know)

as for the haircuts, a very short style has been enforced in the palace for several months, that may well apply next to armed forces and police

What next - all government employees?

NEW BUZZ CUTS IMPOSED ON ALL THAI POLICE, SOLDIERS
    November 20, 2017 6:15 pm

BANGKOK — The police and the army – already known for short hair – have been told to go even shorter.

A number of high-ranking officials on Monday showed up for work with the sides and back of their heads shorn close but for a small patch of hair atop their scalps. The haircut is part of a stricter new dress code imposed Friday on the armed forces.

“It’s effective immediately, for the sake of orderliness,” Maj. Gen. Kraiboon Suadsong, an officer from the police strategy division, said by phone. “I already cut my hair as an example.”

Gen. Nattapol Nakwanich, secretary general of the Internal Security Operation Command, was also seen attending Monday’s meeting with the new hairstyle. Police officers were seen lining up at barber shops on Saturday to shave their sides.

There are an estimated 230,000 police officers and about 200,000 soldiers in the army.

The new regulation was simultaneously put in place over the two agencies on Friday. Police were given an order signed by Kraiboon’s office and police commissioner Chakthip Chaijinda. The order cited a need to look disciplined.

“All operative police officers must maintain orderly uniforms and haircuts, especially when they wear uniforms and all forms of headgears, they must have hairstyles that display strict discipline,” the order says. “Especially the commanders of all levels, they must present themselves as examples.”

The army order is more specific. An internal letter issued by the Directorate of Personnel seen by Khaosod English instructed all soldiers to wear the same haircut as members of His Majesty the King’s personal bodyguards.

The hairstyle, known as “904 cut,” involves shaving the sides and back of the head, leaving just a smack of hair on the top.

The new regulations coincided with the introduction of a novel form of salute imposed upon the army by King Vajiralongkorn.

Soldiers are now required to heave out their chests and jerk their heads after performing a typical hand salute.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I don't like that they make the kids cut thier hair short in school.

I think a little creativity and individualism is a good thing for kids
    PeteGill likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I don't like that they make the kids cut their hair short in school.

I think a little creativity and individualism is a good thing for kids
    Yeah, but head lice suck .... 555
    1080 and Ian Forbes like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

5 Feb 2018
    Forty police officers have been ordered by the Royal Thai Police to immediately report themselves to Pol Lt-Gen Suraphol Phinitchob, commissioner attached to the RTP, for wearing wrong hair in violation of the police regulations.

The order was issued by Pol Col Amnart Utaramart, a deputy commander attached to the police operations centre, on Sunday – one day after the Royal Thai Police instructed the police inspector-general and a special task force to conduct a random survey of policemen who defy the police regulation by wearing long hair.

The random survey found 40 police officers with ranks from a lance corporal to lieutenant-colonel attached to the Metropolitan Bureau, Satun, Nakhon Si Thammarat and Phang-nga provincial police officers have defied the regulation.

Their names and ranks have been jotted down and a list of them has been sent to the Royal Thai Police. Police are required to wear their uniforms while on duty and keep their hair short.

It was reported that the 40 defiant officers would be temporarily transferred to the police operations centre to assist work.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Reminds me of when I was in the Army and got charged for the wrong haircut. 55. Ended up with 2 weeks loss of privileges. I suspect they will get more than that.

Police banned from wearing sunglasses following haircut order as force gets an image makeover
    THE NATION
    5 March 2018

POLICE OFFICERS have been banned from wearing sunglasses while performing their duties because such accessories are deemed inappropriate, according to Pol Maj-General Panurat Lakboon, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB).

The ban, ordered by deputy police chief Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakhan, is in addition to national police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda’s previous statement on November 15 that officers on duty must dress properly and have short haircuts in line with Prime Minister’s Office regulations regarding civil servant uniforms and hairstyles.
    Panurat’s memo about the sunglasses ban also noted that police supervisors at all levels must also adhere to |the rule as a good example to subordinates.
    Despite his personnel opinion that officers performing duties in strong sunlight might need to wear sunglasses to maximise their efficiency, Panurat said officers must follow the policy strictly.

Quarky likes this.