Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bar Fight in Patts

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Bar Fight in Patts

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    My old stomping ground, but that stomping was horrific!

Took a while for the story to break in the media, being discussed on other forums for days now.

^ In fact most of the story is being lifted straight from another forum where one BM witnessed the incident.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Wonder if this will lead to another crackdown?
    If so my timing sucks one again 555

^ Hope not, will be there in a few weeks myself.

Platinum
    There seems to be a range of different angles to the story but:

- The dead man was Australian and has been named;
    - The attacker was an American and may have been alone or with a group of friends;
    - The fight may have lasted 20 seconds , or much longer with the American kicking the Australian in the head several times;
    - The Australian may have been behaving "badly" with one of the girls (with a face tattoo - the only girl I know with one of those is Jar) and the American may have seen himself as a White Knight;
    - Drink had been taken; and
    - It happened in Ruby on Soi 6.
    Last edited by Cashpoint; 13th February 2018 at 01:23. Reason: Delete 'e' in storey

Differing stories ...

THE Melbourne man killed in a bar fight in a Thai red light district was the victim of a “coward punch”, shocked friends have told news.com.au.

Witnesses claimed on social media that Benjamin Robb was attacked by up to five men and his head repeatedly stomped on.

But friends of Mr Robb have told news.com.au there was only one attacker and that he was the victim of a coward punch.

“Ben hit his head on the ground hard after the American guy punched him in the face,” one said. “It was a coward punch. There is an investigation going on right now.”

The friend said witness reports that Mr Robb had his head stomped on and was targeted in a pack attack weren’t accurate and had upset the family. “This is a good Aussie guy who has been killed,” the friend said.

Another source said there was only one man, an American, who attacked Mr Robb.

The victim is believed to have been attacked at the Ruby Lounge in infamous red light district of Pattaya on Friday night. A witness claimed the Australian was thrown across the room, repeatedly punched and then had his head stomped on several times as he lay on the floor.

Thai media identified the victim as Mr Robb, who was aged in his 40s and lived in the suburb of Newport.

He was rushed to Pattaya Memorial Hospital but his injuries were too severe and he died a few hours later.

“He [the attacker] smashed his foot from above in the guys [victim’s] face at least 10-15 times with full force. That whole incident lasted probably 20 seconds,” a witness wrote on social media.

The attack left the man unconscious and with “horrible” wounds to his face.

“Barstools were flying everywhere and I’m pretty sure some other customers and maybe even girls were hit. The guy was totally out of control.”
    Last edited by Hatari; 12th February 2018 at 16:10.

Dave01 mentioned this on this forum a couple of days ago... don't think he was a witness, but his low down is here...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    The whole thing sounds horrific and the sad thing is a person has lost his life.
    There seems to be a few out there that cannot control their wild aggression. No need for that kind of behaviour.
    I hope it quieter in 2 weeks time when I am there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    There seems to be a range of different angles to the storey but:

- The dead man was Australian and has been named;
    - The attacker was an American and may have been alone or with a group of friends;
    - The fight may have lasted 20 seconds , or much longer with the American kicking the Australian in the head several times;
    - The Australian may have been behaving "badly" with one of the girls (with a face tattoo - the only girl I know with one of those is Jar) and the American may have seen himself as a White Knight;
    - Drink had been taken; and
    - It happened in Ruby on Soi 6.
    Yes, Jar came to my mind as well as the girl at the bar.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    What a horrible incident. The American guys life is about to change forever. How long would he be looking at?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    What a horrible incident. The American guys life is about to change forever. How long would he be looking at?
    Not sure but way less than a drug conviction... Would be interesting to know but has to be a trial show remorse etc..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Depends how much money he has ....

Just saw a news report on TV, never thought I would see Tuktik on national television! Seems the cameras were not working at the bar either.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Oh well.........some roided scum ruined his life, he deserves as harsh a penalty as can be served

And the "oh well" is obviously not directed at the Aussie.........no matter how much of an asshole you are being..............no one deserves that

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Ruby's was my hang out last month. All my dreams came true..
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar

Platinum
    Apparently the American killed someone in the US when he was 18! His name and passport details were posted in a thai newspaper and on the web and someone found his case on google (an appeal to do with his Miranda rights - broadly if he was given a warning before being questioned by police).

As Lady Bracknell would say......

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    The guy confessed to murdering an 18 year old kid... He told the cops where the gun was, but it wasn't recovered. He told the cops where his own bloody clothes were, and they were recovered. On appeal, both his confession and the bloody clothes were deemed inadmissible, because the dopey cops farked up on Miranda.

Now there is argument over whether the bloke stomped the Aussie or not. I guess his autopsy will reveal that one way or the other. The eyewitness to the bashing, who posted about the issue on social media, including the stomping, has gone to ground. Not willing to be involved. Can't say I know what I would do if I was in that position.

The American turned himself in a few hours after the incident. The Aussie died early hours of Saturday Morning in Hospital. I am not clear on whether the American turned himself in PRIOR to the Aussie dying. I *think* that may be the case. Maybe, his line of thinking was he was only going to be answering a bar fight charge at that time.... who knows.

So the bloke already has form... put a young bloke in the ground a few years ago, and has done it again. This time without a gun.... So, IMO, if it quacks like a duck..... you know the rest.
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast