• 4 Post By bacwaan
  • 2 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By MarcTwoSix
  • 2 Post By Scottie

Thread: Jetskis

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Jetskis

Tourists flee in terror as jet ski operator shoots rival dead on Chaweng beach

Tourists on Chaweng beach fled in terror as a dispute between two Thai men ended in a shoot-out at around 4.30pm on Tuesday 27th of February 2018.
    It is unclear how the dispute started between the son of the owner of Petcherat Marina Bangrak, 26, and a member of the Padma family jet-ski family, 45, however it is known that one man died of gun shot wounds in the altercation. At the time of going to press the other is in ICU. Two guns were found at the scene, a 357 magnum, the other a 9mm Beretta
    After the shooting that left over 100 tourists on the beach in terror, ambulance crews arrived and gave CPR on the beach. They were unable to save the life of the 26 year old.
    Police sealed off the area and seized both weapons. They are currently investigating the crime.

If only Trump had been there.... none of this would have happened...
    PeteGill and Dupree like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    If only Trump had been there.... none of this would have happened...
    Not to worry - looks like Hilary's tending to the patient 555
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    live by the sword...etc etc
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    well.....we have warned people many times not to get involved with jet skis whist on their holidays in Thailand...

They are a blot on the landscape

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Not to worry - looks like Hilary's tending to the patient 555
    If Hillary looked that good in a Bikini she may well have won the "erection"...
    wabbits, Quarky, PeteGill and 1 others like this.

Maybe one of them was trying to steal a car... so fair enough.

^ word has it that these two guys and their families have been at loggerheads for years over perceived cases of each other "nicking" the others customers...apparently they are both "well known" to police

as we have said many times in here...you just do not know who you are dealing with when you hire a jet ski...the smiles can turn to violence in a split second with these maniacs
    Quarky and Stillearly like this.

I was replacing jetski with car to draw parallels with another topic (you probably guessed). Thais behaving like Americans...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ word has it that these two guys and their families have been at loggerheads for years over perceived cases of each other "nicking" the others customers...apparently they are both "well known" to police

as we have said many times in here...you just do not know who you are dealing with when you hire a jet ski...the smiles can turn to violence in a split second with these maniacs
    But 50% of tourists wouldn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But 50% of tourists wouldn't know that
    I would put the count way higher than that...
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I would put the count way higher than that...
    Honestly, but I guess that comes with being a traveler................but if it weren't from me knowing about jetskis and such scams in Thailand, I probably wouldn't do research about such things for other countries like I do now
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Honestly, but I guess that comes with being a traveler................but if it weren't from me knowing about jetskis and such scams in Thailand, I probably wouldn't do research about such things for other countries like I do now
    I guess that is one good asset of the internet, t\you can search and find reports or forums like here.

The above has just been shown on National TV here tonight so hope our tourists will do some research.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Updated, both men dead, and unusually, the guns were legally owned

Both men - Sunthareeya Chaipetch, 45, and Tinaphop Petcharat, 26, are now reported dead.

The Surat chief of police Apichart Bunsrirot described the daylight shootings in front of tourists enjoying a relaxing time at the beach as "terrible and shocking". He said such an incident was unprecedented on a tourist beach and threatened to damage confidence in the tourism industry.

He said both guns used in the incident - a magnum and a Beretta - were legally registered under the P12 ordinance. The incident was a dispute between two jet-ski families, he said.

The governor of Surat Thaini said that an immediate ban on new gun licences on the three islands was now in place and a review was taking place.

It may be permanent for all residents of Samui, Pangang and Koh Tao as these areas were tourist islands and need to be protected from such shooting outrages as occurred Tuesday.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    while it's good that gun carriers wipe each other out there'll only be another 2 put there to replace them and the feud will carry on.
    money,power,greed and violence the way of the land in LOS.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I guess that is one good asset of the internet, t\you can search and find reports or forums like here.

The above has just been shown on National TV here tonight so hope our tourists will do some research.
    Agreed, forums are the best source of information but it is madness not to research on anywhere you plan to visit.

I have no sympathy for the dead guys as they are one of the reasons why 'burned' tourists never return to the kingdom.

In fact I witnessed 2 Japanese guy's in separate incidents (< 1 hour apart) getting the 'you broke my jetski and will have to pay for it' speech on Ko Lan, it was the same owner and the same jetski.

I have never and will never hire anything in Thailand, over the last 9 years I have seen or at least read about all the scams, yes they get refined but fundamentally they are the same scam.

A fool and his money are easily parted, so I never drop the ball with keeping up with them as best I can.

I like to have a beer and chat to the expats/frequent travelers on Soi 6 and see what is new in town, and cringe in pity for the guys that are walking down the Soi's wearing the 'Same, same but different' T-Shirt as something as simple as that highlights to every Thai that it is your 1st trip and you are greener than Robin Hoods No1 uniform.

People watching is my favorite past time during the day in LOS and provides me with endless laughs as you see the perfect specimens of mankind performing, but unfortunately 75% of them should go home immediately, as they are denying their village of IT's Idiot, but funny as a F*ck none the less.

I once noticed a morbidly obese Eastern European guy walking down the 6 wearing only a pair of 'skin tight', florescent pink swimming trunks, strutting down the Soi like he was John F*cking Travolta 5555555

Even the BG's were rolling around laughing, when they were cat calling 'Hey Sexy Man' to him, he made my day, in fact I still chuckle about it now.

I highly recommend people hitting an open bar on Soi 6, like the 'Jack Tar' and spend a few hours in the early/mid afternoon people watching, especially is you have low self esteem, it will boost everyone's morale 5555555 and you will walk away with sore ribs from laughing and a new 'Fresh' outlook on yourself that was created by some of the specimens that choose Pattaya as a holiday destination.
    justcruzing1 and Tingtong like this.
    Cheers

Scottie

Here is the size of specimen I was referring to, just imagine him in those florescent trunks I mentioned 555555

Cheers

Scottie

The Jetski Scam

Cheers

Scottie

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    On my first couple of trips to Bali in the 80 / 90's I think it was Garuda Air used to show a clip on the TV monitors just before landing , telling people how to act while in Bali . Respect traditions etc.

I think Air lines now days should show a clip warning people about Thai Scams and what to avoid while on holiday there on incoming flights to LOS. (bet they wont )
    Could save a lot of grief for travelers and bad press for The Thai tourist industry.