Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By Rivo
  • 5 Post By Buksida

Thread: Thai (as in THAI) pensions

Cadet Gold

Thai (as in THAI) pensions

Does anyone know what the Thai State pension (assuming there is one) for Thai people is?

If the system is similar to ours then there will be a statutory pension that EVERYONE, regardless of wealth or contributions into the fund, will be entitled to.

I've Googled it but am not overly swamped with information yet such I do find is, at best, vague and pretty conflicting.

Mother-in-law (70's) gets a pension of ~700bt per month and I believe it goes up periodically ... details sketchy. She draws the money via the village pooyaiban. Not a lot of money but it would pay electricity and gas bills if she lived alone and without other income.
    BunnyGee likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Mother-in-law (70's) gets a pension of ~700bt per month and I believe it goes up periodically ... details sketchy. She draws the money via the village pooyaiban. Not a lot of money but it would pay electricity and gas bills if she lived alone and without other income.
    Is that 700 as in seven HUNDRED or seven thousand?

700bt

Crikey, 7,000 would support the whole family!
    Cuzzy likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Im just trying to put 700 bht into perspective ...How much is a Case of Leo ?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Im just trying to put 700 bht into perspective ...How much is a Case of Leo ?
    About 600 baht 555
    Tingtong likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Cadet Gold
    There are several types of pensions. There is one for employees who have contributed to the Social Security scheme for a minimum of 180 months. There is another one for people who can show no other source of income. For them, I think it is about 600 baht/month for 60-69 age bracket, 700 baht/month for 70-79 and so on.

Civil servants have another scheme which is based on a percentage of their salary at the time of retirement. I think it is about 20% for most of them but I have heard it can be 50% for armed forces retirees. This explains the slew of promotions dished out every September for upper echelon officers just before retirement.
    Minder, bacwaan, Moo Uaon and 2 others like this.