The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Songkran 2018

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Agreed .... and notice the attractive young woman of the far left ... Asian influence in those genes but almost 6' tall .... magnificent creature ... 555
    I prefer the cute smaller one on the right, opening her purse to give me her money.........

The one with the arms crossed looks stuck up and as Ian said holding up her boobs........maybe just a bad day.
    Steven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    For that very reason I stay away at Songkran. I don't like aggressive drunks and I'm afraid that I might retaliate in a very nasty way. I would put a toxic lye in a blower and go after the assholes intentionally. One side of me likes to be nice... the other side doesn't and I tend to over react.
    I enjoyed my first Songkran, in a village in Singburi many years ago. Did all the respectful stuff at the temple and with the older folk in the morning. Splashed a bit of water around for a bit in the afternoon, but not too long and nothing aggressive. It was fun.

Been riding a motorcycle to an event on Songkran day several time since. Don't mind a squirt from little water pistol wielding kids, but have not been keen on copping a face full of iced water by drunken youths or adults who think they are god's gifts to humanity. Don't venture out at Songkran these days.
    Steven likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Agreed .... and notice the attractive young woman of the far left ... Asian influence in those genes but almost 6' tall .... magnificent creature ..... best of both worlds ... 555

Always fascinated me how even in Thailand the "leuk-kreung" offspring of Thais and farangs are seen not as "half-caste" inferiors (or "mud-bloods" 555) but as "superior" in some way - that is if their soap-opera and movie stars and advertising billboards are anything to go by.
    That was something that I first noticed when I had a TV in my room and watched a few of the Thai soap operas and movies. Most of the very attractive women actresses were leuk-kreungs. Same with many of the male actors. It certainly was true when I spent time in the Philippines. All the real lovely gals were cross between Spanish men and Filipinas, or women who had American military fathers at some point in time.
    Minder and Steven like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    The big day in Pattaya, April 19th, falls on Good Friday next year. 'Tis be a sign!
    bacwaan and Steven like this.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123