Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Songkran 2018

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Songkran 2018

Weapons of mass hydration.

Contraband from Australia 850 baht. Street value 4000 baht.

20180411_174649.jpg
    PeteGill and Gazmac like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Man does Ao get happy when Songkran comes

She is over the moon everyday we chat........

I used to go regularly and I like being around the family but the weather is just way too hot this time of the year so taking a break for a while

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Just the one day here for "play water" thank feck...I'm happy to give over to it for a day...but I really hate it when some dumb fuck wants to continue on with it the day after..usually drunken farang males

a guy got me from the side with one of those "one long push super sopper bike pump" jobbies last year..I was on the scoot...knocked my sunglasses right off my head and nearly blinded me..I stopped the bike right where I was..I couldn't see and the bike almost went down...I got off, marched over to him, grabbed it from his hands and smashed it over my knee...he just stood there, knowing full well what he had done..its always the farangs that push it too far here (Samui)....aiming for the eyes of someone on a scoot with one of those is a criminal act imo

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Just the one day here for "play water" thank feck...I'm happy to give over to it for a day...but I really hate it when some dumb fuck wants to continue on with it the day after..usually drunken farang males

a guy got me from the side with one of those "one long push super sopper bike pump" jobbies last year..I was on the scoot...knocked my sunglasses right off my head and nearly blinded me..I stopped the bike right where I was..I couldn't see and the bike almost went down...I got off, marched over to him, grabbed it from his hands and smashed it over my knee...he just stood there, knowing full well what he had done..its always the farangs that push it too far here (Samui)....aiming for the eyes of someone on a scoot with one of those is a criminal act imo
    I don't disagree but if you get outside the main tourist areas the drunk Thai boys can get pretty dicey by the end of the day.................not a very good vibe at all

Worse I ever seen was in Kanchanaburi..................we headed home to our hotel because the vibe on the main street was that bad

AND..............if out locally outside temples..........the Thai boys are really bad towards TG's with groping and such, really bad

All that being said, if you stick to the local temples in the village and then just back to the house with the locals everyone knows..........it is really fun

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Was in Aranyaprathet last year for it.
    The main street was great fun till sundown.

The temple visit mid afternoon near the village was a bad move - should have gone in the morning.
    Was full of drunk young Thais fighting etc.

Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    and best wishes from Donald's man...

US Acting Secretary of State John J. Sullivan has offered his best wishes for the Thai people when they celebrate the Songkran festival, the Thai traditional New Year today.

In a statement released today by the US Department of State, he said:

“On behalf of the Government of the United States, I extend best wishes to the people of the Kingdom of Thailand as they celebrate Songkran and welcome a new year on April 13, 2018.

This year marks 200 years of friendship between the United States and Thailand. The Great and Good Friends exhibition of royal gifts and letters exchanged over these two centuries between Thai Kings and U.S. Presidents, now on display at the Grand Palace, is a tangible reminder of the legacy and enduring strength of our relationship. As we celebrate this bicentennial, we think of how our friendship became an alliance that remains one of our oldest and most important in Asia. We look forward to further nurturing cooperation and partnership with the people of Thailand as we enter a third century of friendship during the reign of His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn.

I wish all Thais a joyous festival with family and friends, and a healthy and prosperous New Year. Happy Songkran!”.

Bar 4 off to an early start...

20180412_125154.jpg

20180412_125158.jpg
    bacwaan likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    same each year

12 April 2018

According to the National Road Safety Center, the first day of the “seven dangerous days” from April 11-17, has now claimed 39 lives and 461 injuries in a total of 447 traffic accidents in a single day.

A couple more photos...

20180412_173145.jpg

20180412_175425.jpg
    PeteGill and VanD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Looks busier than I have seen that street before

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

Busier than that that every night I have been there ....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Tomorrow is the main day...today is just a warm up. Once the sun went down, quieter than a normal night.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Busier than that that every night I have been there ....
    I meant for the water throwing
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 13th April 2018 at 00:44.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    and best wishes from Donald's man...
    But no thanks for the CIA Black Sites..
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Been twice, once in Chiang rai and once in Chiang mai.

Twice was more than enough.

I would like to try the rocket festive, that would be interesting
    Gazmac likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Doing the nakhon nowhere village thing this time.

First one was middle of Bangkok and travelled out to nakhon pathom some 40kms. 15 years ago. Bit of an eye opener as I never knew of it beforehand 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Doing the nakhon nowhere village thing this time.

First one was middle of Bangkok and travelled out to nakhon pathom some 40kms. 15 years ago. Bit of an eye opener as I never knew of it beforehand 55
    I prefer Songkran in the village

Temple day today in Doem Bang, Suphan Buri

Everyone brings one food to share

I actually miss being there for Songkran

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

PeteGill and Rivo like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post

For that very reason I stay away at Songkran. I don't like aggressive drunks and I'm afraid that I might retaliate in a very nasty way. I would put a toxic lye in a blower and go after the assholes intentionally. One side of me likes to be nice... the other side doesn't and I tend to over react.
    Mick and bubblegu like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast