Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MarcTwoSix
  • 4 Post By Tingtong

Thread: #DontTellMeHowToDress

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

#DontTellMeHowToDress

This Thai celebrity started this after a Govt Official warned girls to dress less sexy so they don't get sexually assaulted

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Bishop

Thai women reject Songkran advice with 'don't tell me how to dress' campaign - BBC News

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    I agree with her message that women are the victim of sexual harassment and should be suggested to be the cause,
    and I agree with her that the focus should be at behavior of men, and they should simply not harass women regardless of their clothing.

That said, Songkran is like a jungle, where loads of risks are involved. And advice on how to behave, act and be responsible is given in large numbers.

From how to keep your wallet dry, to what time of day you are supposed to stop trowing water, not to get drunk, etc., etc.

Still true that men should behave themselves around women, but little point in trying to reason with drunk males..
    Like in the jungle you don't go telling the tiger how to behave, you advice the tourists how not get attacked by one..

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    I agree with her message that women are the victim of sexual harassment and should be suggested to be the cause,
    and I agree with her that the focus should be at behavior of men, and they should simply not harass women regardless of their clothing.

That said, Songkran is like a jungle, where loads of risks are involved. And advice on how to behave, act and be responsible is given in large numbers.

From how to keep your wallet dry, to what time of day you are supposed to stop trowing water, not to get drunk, etc., etc.

Still true that men should behave themselves around women, but little point in trying to reason with drunk males..
    Like in the jungle you don't go telling the tiger how to behave, you advice the tourists how not get attacked by one..
    Sorry I find that ridiculous

To tell girls how to dress without making a strong rebuke about these drunk Thai boy assholes is pathetic

And it is WHY they do it..........it sends a message they can get away with it, it's the girl's fault

To say little reason trying to reason with drunk males is giving it the ok, IMO
    Quarky likes this.

Again, I do not think it's the girls fault!

But not only Thai boys go full-out on Sonkram, Thai girls do exactly the same..
    This goes beyond flirting, it's sexual provocation from two sides..

Doesn't justify anything, but advising girls to limit the provocation.. I see no appointment of blame in that.. just wisdom..

Doesn't justify anything, but advising girls to limit the provocation.. I see no appointment of blame in that.. just wisdom..
    Advising girls to limit provocation without rebuking the sexual abusers is wrong

If they included that, I would agree but they don't

PS......my wife and her friends no longer play water anywhere but the temple for years now because they were constantly being groped while wearing shorts and long t-shirts
    Girls dressed "normal" have been getting sexually assaulted by drunk Thai boy assholes for a long time

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    That belongs in the short shorts thread...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    It is always a two edged sword where fault lies with both parties. However, I don't care how suggestive a woman is, or what she wears, it is still not correct to touch her in any sexual manner... unless of course, the woman initiates it like in a bar.

However, what Rak said has some merit.... stay out of the jungle and you won't be attacked. That has everything to do with risks people take. If you ride a motorbike there are two certainties... you are going to fall off at some point in time.... or, you've already fallen off. You just hope and trust fate that it doesn't happen in a bad location or at high speed.
    Last edited by Ian Forbes; 14th April 2018 at 11:13.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    #scantily clad girls lives matter