Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Zablive
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes

Thread: Just arrived in Patong today...already serious problem :(

Mix

Just arrived in Patong today...already serious problem :(

Back in 2014 I without any issue at all...in fact I created a thread on it...on opening a bank account here. Back then I simply walked into Bangkok Bank showed my passport and was given a checking account. I didn't really need one back then as much as I need now. Right now I'm carrying a lot of cash...which forces me to drive around with it which is just as stupid but...at least its on me. Anyway they told me inside Bangkok Bank that my old account had been closed due to inactivity and I could not reopen it or make a new one because the bank policy has changed (of course). Anyway they would not accept my M.E.T.V that is valid up to 9 months I think they just keep pointing at the stamp that said I can stay for 60 days. I tried to explain to the girl that I can just go to immigration to get it extended but she just kept pointing at the stupid purple stamp...Anyway another girl in the bank told me to go to immigration and get a letter explaining I am staying here or something I'm not really sure what she said...

Can anyone PLEASE tell me another bank I can just walk into and simply make an account? Or know the solution to Bangkok Bank? Its only a matter of time until I lose all my money because of this...I'll admit I did not foresee this being a problem..
    reformed, simply as

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    FACTA has come in since , just go to Jungceylon and try all of them , you might be in luck

Mix
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    FACTA has come in since , just go to Jungceylon and try all of them , you might be in luck
    Thats kinda what I did...no luck tbh
    reformed, simply as

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    Thats kinda what I did...no luck tbh
    Try and find yourself something similar to this , will provide you with more confort if you are leaving cash in the room

https://www.pacsafe.com/accessories/portable-safes/

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Firstly, don't ask for a chequing/current account - it's a much more complicated process.
    You only need a savings account with a debit card and preferably internet access.
    Go with another customer or a Thai to vouch for you and a rental contract.
    Kasikorn, the green one should be a breeze in Jungceylon.
    Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Tez
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Firstly, don't ask for a chequing/current account - it's a much more complicated process.
    You only need a savings account with a debit card and preferably internet access.
    Go with another customer or a Thai to vouch for you and a rental contract.
    Kasikorn, the green one should be a breeze in Jungceylon.
    Kasikorn n Jung Ceylon was easy as I accepted the insurance offer and not a problem after that let the insurance lapse

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Mix
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Kasikorn n Jung Ceylon was easy as I accepted the insurance offer and not a problem after that let the insurance lapse

how much was insurance ?
    reformed, simply as

Tez
    Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    how much was insurance ?
    sorry that was a couple years ago. but it sweetened the deal and it changed the experience to an easy one . might of been a thousand bht but the easy time was worth it a friend triedto get on but he was refused. sorry cant help more ..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Odd as it may seem, a lot of the time it depends on the employee you are dealing with. I've had too many examples to believe otherwise.

Years ago I was lucky to have a girl friend in Chiang Mai who took me to a bank where I was able to set up an account with Siam Commercial bank. I've made sure I've left money in that account when I go back to Canada ever since. Also, my hotel is kind enough to consider me a "permanent resident" on a signed form by the management. But, I just get a different room each year when I return. They even store some of my crap for free.
    Tez likes this.