Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pattaya 41 years ago

Cadet Bronze

Pattaya 41 years ago

Cool video,and something never change

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    same same but different

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Thanks for posting that, Petter. Most of us here have seen the changes in Pattaya, even in the length of time we've been visiting... and yes, just as the announcer and Stillearly said, many of the problems still remain.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I laughed when he said crime and police corruption have damaged Pattayas image. Good to know the 'it's all going to hell mantra' was around back then too. Some things are just never good enough for some. Makes you wonder why they still go there.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I laughed when he said crime and police corruption have damaged Pattayas image. Good to know the 'it's all going to hell mantra' was around back then too. Some things are just never good enough for some. Makes you wonder why they still go there.
    Somewhere there are lists of all the funny questions that tourists ask travel companies. If only a quarter of them are true they are still funny. And, truth often is stranger than fiction.

I do remember over hearing a female American tourist in Sydney, Australia, give a list of things she wanted to see that weekend. They included Ayers Rock, the Sydney opera theater, the Gold Coast, a kangaroo and koala farm, and spend some time on a nice beach. I felt like butting in and giving an adequate reply, but thought better of it. All I could do is chuckle to myself.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    The thing is people romanticize about "way back when "

But it's all still there if you want to seek it out
    But i think most people just like to romanticize but want everything seced on a platter

I'm not having a go at anyone.
    I am guilty of it myself

But there are still areas where the BG's aren't hustling you
    There are still beaches with very little build up

Great video, by the way

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But there are still areas where the BG's aren't hustling you
    There are still beaches with very little build up
    Unless you dig the hustle, noise and in your face debauchery.

As Borat would say, I liiiiiiike.

Pattaya is the one thing in my life that never seems to change... it's my Walton's Mountain home... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Unless you dig the hustle, noise and in your face debauchery.

As Borat would say, I liiiiiiike.

I just have zero interest in it anymore
    And I I honestly doubt I would if I were single

Those beer bars just bore me to death
    But I never really met girls at beer bars
    Except the current one that takes up a substantial hole in my bank account at times 555

I tried to go have a few beers in Sois when Ao didn't go out
    Really to find other tourists to bullshit with
    But didn't last 10ft without turning around and leaving

That's where you and I are different Paulie... I try to avoid other tourists and meet BGs.. not the other way around... 55
    Stillearly likes this.

I find the regular beer bar experience kind of boring as well. Unless the girls are really fun and bubbly. Otherwise I prefer gogos.

That's why I like Soi 6. Plenty of people around to get drunk with and have a laugh. And at the same time you have loads of girls hovering around to keep your hands busy. That's my favourite combo. Quite like TGs, but can't have a proper convo with most, and have zero in common. But when combined with a party atmosphere then it's great.

I find the regular beer bar experience kind of boring as well. Unless the girls are really fun and bubbly. Otherwise I prefer gogos.

That's why I like Soi 6. Plenty of people around to get drunk with and have a laugh. And at the same time you have loads of girls hovering around to keep your hands busy. That's my favourite combo. Quite like TGs, but can't have a proper convo with most, and have zero in common. But when combined with a party atmosphere then it's great.
    See I am not a touchy feely guy
    I'd never put my hands on a BG in a bar

I don't find anything wrong with it if others are doing it
    It's a beer bar and as long as the BG is comfortable

Hell the only PDA I show my wife is allowing her to put her arm though mine when walking 5555

If I were single now in Thailand I wouldn't go the p4p route much
    Not because I think there is anything wrong with it

I'd just like the challenge, of a regular girl
    Mainly because I think regular Thai girls are much more open to casual dating than 15yrs ago
    Oh and I should say "supposed challenge for my ego" 55555

Trouble with Thai GoGos is that they are like a poor version of Canadian ones.... and the music is too loud in them...

My ideal bar is a quiet bar with no customers and a few bored bar girls... and some sport on in the corner...

I am welling up thinking about it... 55
    PGC likes this.

I can romance a bit about "way back when" but those are memories of hunting and fishing trips around the world: North America, New Zealand, England and the Grand Cayman islands. I've never been to Africa and I'm too old now for the kind of adventure I would like. I don't even want to hunt anything anymore, other than with a camera.

In Thailand I did all the bar hopping I ever want to to. Now I will only go to places to meet old friends. I'm more happy exploring on my motorbike. That is why I like the trip reports on this forum... they tweek my interest about places I haven't already seen. I don't need a lot of ladies, just a few good ones who enjoy my company. Everyone knows I'm not a big drinker, so I would be totally useless on a big piss-up.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    See I am not a touchy feely guy
    I'd never put my hands on a BG in a bar

I don't find anything wrong with it if others are doing it
    It's a beer bar and as long as the BG is comfortable

Hell the only PDA I show my wife is allowing her to put her arm though mine when walking 5555

If I were single now in Thailand I wouldn't go the p4p route much
    Not because I think there is anything wrong with it

I'd just like the challenge, of a regular girl
    Mainly because I think regular Thai girls are much more open to casual dating than 15yrs ago
    Oh and I should say "supposed challenge for my ego" 55555
    I get off on the chase too(only back at home, although Tinder has made that a little too easy as well now), but it's apples and oranges, really. Like comparing a nice restaurant meal to a buffet. Completely different experiences.

Although I usually pass for much younger than I am, you can't completely hide old age... even if you are strong and healthy. The white hair and skin wrinkles are a dead give away. 555

I'm still attracted to the 20+ something lovelies, but except for a few of my long time lady friends, the youngish ones are not interested in me. I have to settle for ladies in their late thirties and forties. They also know they are beyond their "best before" date. I'm happy enough with that.

I've never done the on-line dating "thing" and I doubt I ever will. It's too late for that now.

One thing I have never had said to me in Thailand (But all too common in the UK) is... "Fuck off grandpa".

Apparently it's rude to stare these days.
    Tingtong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    One thing I have never had said to me in Thailand (But all too common in the UK) is... "Fuck off grandpa".

Apparently it's rude to stare these days.
    It never bothers me because I usually laugh and make some remark back. It's actually fun when you no longer care.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Somewhere there are lists of all the funny questions that tourists ask travel companies. If only a quarter of them are true they are still funny. And, truth often is stranger than fiction.

I do remember over hearing a female American tourist in Sydney, Australia, give a list of things she wanted to see that weekend. They included Ayers Rock, the Sydney opera theater, the Gold Coast, a kangaroo and koala farm, and spend some time on a nice beach. I felt like butting in and giving an adequate reply, but thought better of it. All I could do is chuckle to myself.
    I have told here before, when out the back of my Real Estate Office in Coolangatta, washing my car. A car pulled up alongside me and there were 3 American guys in it.

The drive asked me ...Hey Bud, how much further to this Ayers Rock place? we been driving all day.

They had rented a car in Sydney and thought it was a 1/2 day trip. They freaked when I told them 3-4 days depending on river crossings and their levels. 555555
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Trouble with Thai GoGos is that they are like a poor version of Canadian ones.... and the music is too loud in them...

My ideal bar is a quiet bar with no customers and a few bored bar girls... and some sport on in the corner...

I am welling up thinking about it... 55
    No wonder we never met. I walk pass all those bars...555
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast