Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Icon Siam-Thonburi

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Probably right, my Romanian friends reckon they can't find good coffee anywhere in the UK...
    There are coffee shops on every corner in the San Francisco Bay Area. A business won't last a week if they serve a shit brew...
    Quarky likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    There are coffee shops on every corner in the San Francisco Bay Area. A business won't last a week if they serve a shit brew...
    I think coffee shops are only really starting to take off here now... used to be just the big names... but now instead of tea rooms, coffee shops are starting to pop up... though I still ask for a pot of tea even in a coffee shop... 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I am amazed at how the coffee craze has grown in Thailand. Coffee shops are popping up everywhere selling all blends of coffee and tea, iced, chilled with all the bubble and jelly flavourings. Still cheap compared to the UK.
    As for Icon Siam, was planning on a visit during Loy Krathong but due to the huge queue for the free ferry shuttle we decided to go to Asiatique which ended up being just as manic.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I have a Thai friend in Chiang Rai who sells specialty beans to various shops in town. Naret has made a living at it for the past 5 years, so I guess it is reasonable.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    But Americans are easy to please (for coffee that is!)...just look at the popularity of Starbucks, which failed in Australia.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    But Americans are easy to please (for coffee that is!)...just look at the popularity of Starbucks, which failed in Australia.
    I think Starbucks was the 1st real "coffee culture " shop

Now there is so many independent ones that people gravitate towards

My hood is so ghetto we don't have a Starbucks because everyone worships Dunkin Donuts 5555

Starbucks coffee is crap compared with even a 40 thb Amazon coffee. Amazon coffee shops are slowly spreading beyond PTT service stations, already inside CM's major malls.

Problem in Thailand is TOO MANY coffee shops and stale beans often used by inexperienced 'barista's' on poor equipment. Fresh quality beans, and I prefer a robusta/arabica blend, ground in a burr grinder and put thru a good machine will produce quality results.

Tired of inadequate performance from a top brand name home machine, I bought a 2,500 bt cheapie on Lazada which appeared identical to a US high volume seller. It makes THE BEST coffee ever! The crema is at least 1/3 of the cup and even (fresh) beans which tasted 'off' in the previous high-end model, came out tasting good in this cheapie.

Thai arabica beans come from our northern provinces and are commonly blended with Vietnamese grown robusta but many small coffee shops allow beans or pre-ground product to go stale.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I think Starbucks was the 1st real "coffee culture " shop

Now there is so many independent ones that people gravitate towards

My hood is so ghetto we don't have a Starbucks because everyone worships Dunkin Donuts 5555
    The Italian migrants established a great coffee culture in Melbourne. What went wrong in Boston?
    kaptainrob likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

The Italian migrants established a great coffee culture in Melbourne. What went wrong in Boston?
    Did you go to the North End? I think I told you to

Modern
    Caffe El Sportto
    And about 20 others lining the street

You will love the coffee and get a Cannoli that will knock your dick off!

I don't live in America. I live in the Bay Area...555 I agree Starbucks is a mainstream business. I walk by one on the way to work everyday. But never buy their coffee. What they lack in quality they make up for it in what they offer. A consistent place to work on your screenplay or next dot com. They are the first ones to make a social industry out of coffee. And I'll drink it if I have to. But there are other coffee shops on every corner. Some bean Roasteries too. Why do you think they failed in Australia? I mean it's not a very sophisticated country overall. I'd guess the Aussie consumer were to cheap to pay up. I mean look at Baz..555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Modern
    Caffe El Sportto

Can't recall, but back in April, so may look it up then.

Can't recall, but back in April, so may look it up then.
    Let me know when in April and I will try to be there
    Ao and I will likely be home for Easter so home anyways

And it really is the only place you should go
    It's the best Little Italy in North America, IMO

I go every day when home
    I don't usually drink coffee but I do when home just because of the atmosphere (and also to get away from my sister yapping 555)

But pizza at Regina is a must also

I don't live in America. I live in the Bay Area...555 I agree Starbucks is a mainstream business. I walk by one on the way to work everyday. But never buy their coffee. What they lack in quality they make up for it in what they offer. A consistent place to work on your screenplay or next dot com. They are the first ones to make a social industry out of coffee. And I'll drink it if I have to. But there are other coffee shops on every corner. Some bean Roasteries too. Why do you think they failed in Australia? I mean it's not a very sophisticated country overall. I'd guess the Aussie consumer were to cheap to pay up. I mean look at Baz..555
    The times I have had Starbucks(I drink cappuccinos) it had a bitter, almost burnt, taste to it

We get real coffee for half the price, so just not dumb enough to pay up.

Baz is from the West, same as the Bay Area, not really part of Australia. 555

Dupree likes this.

We get real coffee for half the price, so just not dumb enough to pay up.

Baz is from the West, same as the Bay Area, not really part of Australia. 555

I was correct. Too expensive...55
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Modern
    Caffe El Sportto

Just looked on the map...visited the North End a couple of times...think we ate in Hanover Street.

Is this correct? "Caffe El Sportto" Not coming up on Google.

I was correct. Too expensive...55
    Too expensive and not enough varied choices for those who prefer a different taste. Specialty blends can do that for you.

Just looked on the map...visited the North End a couple of times...think we ate in Hanover Street.

Is this correct? "Caffe El Sportto" Not coming up on Google.
    Sorry spell check wrong

Cafe Dello Sport

Best Cannoli I ever had

And yes Hanover is the main street

For pizza you need to go to Regina

https://www.google.ca/search?ie=UTF-...viewerState=ga

For pizza you need to go to Regina
    Preferably not Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. 555

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post