Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Icon Siam-Thonburi

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Icon Siam-Thonburi

This is the new high end( ultra end!) mall that just opened right across from Saphan Taksin

It has basically every high end brand and the 1st Apple Store, along with Porsche is you want to pick one up 555

This video gives a good review, although the guy is annoying

I bet the food court is amazing!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Bangkok69 has done videos of literally every floor, including toilets probably. I like the gourmet food courts outside.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Bangkok69 has done videos of literally every floor, including toilets probably. I like the gourmet food courts outside.
    We stayed right across the river at Sheraton and they must have had 1000 construction workers at the end of the project

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    We stayed right across the river at Sheraton and they must have had 1000 construction workers at the end of the project

If/when I visit again, I definitely want to have a coffee at this place. Great views.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    If/when I visit again, I definitely want to have a coffee at this place. Great views.

Thanks for the biz!!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    How much for the coffee in a cardboard cup???
    Tingtong likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post

Who cares. I don't even drink coffee 555
    Quarky, Ian Forbes and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Yeah Id be interested to know too . I like to have a coffee in the Morning and did notice on my last trip how expensive it is in LOS ...Even a take away in a Cardboard Cup . Also pretty Hit and miss in Thailand to get a good Coffee .
    My last trip to Kamala I did find a Decent Coffee shop but it was on the main road (noisey) but it was fun to watch the passing parade. My Go was to go to the Big C market and get a couple of small custard tarts and then walk further down to the main st , get a coffee and sit any where and watch the town wake up and come alive again .
    Im easily amused 5555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I've been bringing my own coffee to Thailand the last 5 years....555
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Way to go bro... do you have anyone to make decent brew or do you do it yourself.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Way to go bro... do you have anyone to make decent brew or do you do it yourself.
    I bring a filter holder that fits over the cup. Just poor hot water.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    my good mate, Brad, does exactly the same thing... even when he visits my home in Canada. As I've mentioned before, Brad is a bit of a cheap Charlie, but he always more than pays his own way. He just doesn't like paying more than he has to for anything. That is why he stays out of bars.

I always found it odd that you can pay more for one cup of coffee in Thailand than have an entire Thai meal. In Canada I can get a coffee and an English muffin for what it costs just for a coffee in Thailand.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    my good mate, Brad, does exactly the same thing... even when he visits my home in Canada. As I've mentioned before, Brad is a bit of a cheap Charlie, but he always more than pays his own way. He just doesn't like paying more than he has to for anything. That is why he stays out of bars.
    About a thousand times 555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Platinum
    Damn I though I was the only one who thought the coffee is shit 555. Dont you guys just hate it when you order a breakie and they give you instant coffee with it
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Is there such a thing as good coffee? Everyone seems to have such different tastes in coffee.. that one mans smooth is another man's bland?

Guys at work can't stand Starbucks or Costa Coffee. But quite like the coffee from our machine at work... whereas I hate work coffee... even though it's my machine... I don't supply the beans... 55. It tastes bitter to me... I can't even remember the last time I had a nice coffee... we're talking years... probably last time I was in NZ or Canada... 55

So I drink tea mostly.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Is there such a thing as good coffee? Everyone seems to have such different tastes in coffee.. that one mans smooth is another man's bland?

Guys at work can't stand Starbucks or Costa Coffee. But quite like the coffee from our machine at work... whereas I hate work coffee... even though it's my machine... I don't supply the beans... 55. It tastes bitter to me... I can't even remember the last time I had a nice coffee... we're talking years... probably last time I was in NZ or Canada... 55

So I drink tea mostly.
    I just knew we had something in common. 555

You aren't my illegitimate son by any chance? 555

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I just knew we had something in common. 555

You aren't my illegitimate son by any chance? 555
    More chance you are mine... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Yeah Id be interested to know too . I like to have a coffee in the Morning and did notice on my last trip how expensive it is in LOS ...Even a take away in a Cardboard Cup . Also pretty Hit and miss in Thailand to get a good Coffee .
    My last trip to Kamala I did find a Decent Coffee shop but it was on the main road (noisey) but it was fun to watch the passing parade. My Go was to go to the Big C market and get a couple of small custard tarts and then walk further down to the main st , get a coffee and sit any where and watch the town wake up and come alive again .
    Im easily amused 5555
    I'm not a coffee drinker but on holiday I like to drink Cappucinos
    Coffee Club is good but expensive

A good affordable coffee shop are those Amazon Café but they are only at gas stations it seems

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

So I drink tea mostly.
    Starbucks and Costa makes crap coffee.
    Its most of the time the machine,water,the beans,how they roast and grind the beans that makes the difference. Strange thing is in Europe the coffee is superb. I think the Italians and the French etc have perfected the art of making a decent cup although they import all their coffee. In Asia i probably only liked the Vietnamese coffee. Not sure why the Asians dont perfect the end product of something they produce.
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    Starbucks and Costa makes crap coffee.
    Its most of the time the machine,water,the beans,how they roast and grind the beans that makes the difference. Strange thing is in Europe the coffee is superb. I think the Italians and the French etc have perfected the art of making a decent cup although they import all their coffee. In Asia i probably only liked the Vietnamese coffee. Not sure why the Asians dont perfect the end product of something they produce.
    Probably right, my Romanian friends reckon they can't find good coffee anywhere in the UK...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast