• 2 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By RakThai
  • 1 Post By oldfella

Thread: Koh Samet no alcohol holiday??

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Koh Samet no alcohol holiday??

Won't be a huge deal

But tomorrow is a holiday and my hotel in Bangkok already left a note saying they won't be serving alcohol

I'd imagine a place like Samet would serve booze
    At least on the sly in cups??

Makka Buch day is an important Buddhist holiday. Paul should go pray for forgiveness and forsake any alcohol. You'll survive.
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    The hotels in Samui as well as the beach restaurants normally serve beer openly on Macha Buccha Day and other sacred holidays...but no girlie bars are open...if they really want a day without booze the cops will be advised to come around and let all the restaurants know in advance..but that rarely happens..and I mean very rarely

I'd be surprised if there wasn't somewhere on Samet that is serving beers tomorrow..but it would be very low key..as KR says, surely you can go without booze for a day...but if not why don't you just but a six pack or two and put them in your fridge...I imagine you have a hotel where you can sit outside by the beach and knock the top off a couple
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    The hotels in Samui as well as the beach restaurants normally serve beer openly on Macha Buccha Day and other sacred holidays...but no girlie bars are open...if they really want a day without booze the cops will be advised to come around and let all the restaurants know in advance..but that rarely happens..and I mean very rarely

I'd be surprised if there wasn't somewhere on Samet that is serving beers tomorrow..but it would be very low key..as KR says, surely you can go without booze for a day...but if not why don't you just but a six pack or two and put them in your fridge...I imagine you have a hotel where you can sit outside by the beach and knock the top off a couple
    I'm not really concerned if there is booze or not

Although I haven't drank much this trip
    Almost none in Siem Reap
    1st night in BKK slept all night
    And maybe 3-4 beers the last couple nights

I do plan on tying it on tonight though!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post

Talk about "erection" ? 555
    bacwaan likes this.

Cadet Bronze
    why do you lot need beer? --it;s expensive in los ---have a cup of tea instead--
    Ian Forbes likes this.